PDA

View Full Version : NFL Comeback Player of the Year

jamze132
07-28-2006, 08:18 AM
Who has the better chance, Takeo Spikes or anyone else?

If I were a gambling man, my money would be on Spikes. On a side note, would Peerless Price qualify for Comeback Player even though he wasn't hurt? I would think since he had a few lackluster seasons elsewhere and if he can light it up like he used to when he was here, why shouldn't he get some mention?

Jan Reimers
07-28-2006, 02:37 PM
I don't think Comeback Player of the Year honors are limited to guys coming off injuries. That's certainly not the case in other sports. I would think we have several candidates, including TKO, Price, Davis, Bowen, Royal and Gibson.

Guess it's because we signed so many charity cases.

justasportsfan
07-28-2006, 02:49 PM
I would have to say Clements. He needs to impress other and he knows we could've drafted his replacement.

Mr. Miyagi
07-28-2006, 03:02 PM
Pretty sure it won't be Ricky Williams.

ryjam282
07-28-2006, 03:03 PM
Or the Whizanator for that matter.

patmoran2006
07-28-2006, 03:47 PM
Culpepper is an obvious candidate if he has a good year, same for either Chad Pennington or Patrick Ramsey, since they all sucked last year.

T.O. the same... If he has a huge year and stays clean.

Samphin1
07-28-2006, 04:02 PM
Should be some stiff competition this year. Daunte Culpepper, Takeo Spikes probably head the list.

T.O. could be there if he has an AMAZING season. Even then, he may not get it simply for prior offenses.

I would think Brees won't qualify really since he was injured in the last week of the season. Same goes for Carson Palmer since it was a plyoff game.

I just know deep down though, that the NFL will give it to Big Ben for his "comeback" from his motorscooter.

BrunnyJ
07-28-2006, 06:59 PM
Sure as hell won't be Chad Pennington, I hope I don't eat them words

CuseJetsFan83
07-29-2006, 04:57 AM
from what ive been gathering the top 3 as of now, at least expectation wise to be a comeback player of the year (afc east only and mind you its IMO):

1. TKO
2. dante culpepper
3. insert random jets qb here

as for the rest of the nfl:

as far as TO goes...... i dont know if they would want to give it to someone that was "suspended" the previous year... although if he is putting up ungodly #'s it could be hard to not do so........

one i wouldnt be surprised to see under consideration would be brett farve, especially if he can have some WRs that dont go down with injuries

now as far as the award goes...... is it solely on personal performance, or do they take team performance into consideration?

jamze132
07-29-2006, 04:57 AM
I would love for it to be Spikes. And if everything goes according to plan, Culpepper won't be considered for any honors.