X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsFever21
    • Aug 2004

Football is finally here

It's been a long offseason. I can't wait for the games to start.

I'm not expecting many wins this season but as long as JP starts, we're competitive and show some signs for the future I can live with that.
    Last edited by BillsFever21; 07-28-2006, 08:54 AM.
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Re: Football is finally here

I am expecting some wins baby!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

I want to see a better coached team with more motivation, more discipline, more fight, and more chemistry.

If this team shows heart, smarts and hustle, I will feel good about the future, regardless of our record this season.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• gil
        • Mar 2005

just about anything would be better than the show of ineptitude, inability to adapt and general malaise that we were forced to sit through for most every game last year...

win or lose, I just hope we're always in games and improving.

Comment

• Amare
          Don't Call It A Comeback!
          • Jul 2006

Just with our better coaching, being more discipline, with better line play, and a maturer Jp we can compete in this division.

Comment

• BillsFever21
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Amare
            Just with our better coaching, being more discipline, with better line play, and a maturer Jp we can compete in this division.
            They have to prove it's better coaching. Jauron had 4 terrible seasons out of 5 his first time around and has lost almost twice as many games as he has won. Some thought the same thing when Mularkey was hired that we had better coaching now. He proved to be worse then Williams.

It would be different if we had a proven coach you could make them claims. Till Jauron proves it with the Bills you can only go by his previous stint.

As for as the OL goes just because you bring new players in doesn't mean it's improved. Fowler and Reyes are unproven and have never had much success. I feel Reyes is an upgrade over Anderson though. But when we brought in Anderson most felt he was an upgrade over Pucillio. Till these guys perform you can't say it's improved.

We should be more disciplined and hopefully Losman matures. If that happens and Jauron works out and our OL improves we could be in good shape for the future. There is no chance in hell we contend for the division this year.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever21
              They have to prove it's better coaching. Jauron had 4 terrible seasons out of 5 his first time around and has lost almost twice as many games as he has won. Some thought the same thing when Mularkey was hired that we had better coaching now. He proved to be worse then Williams.

It would be different if we had a proven coach you could make them claims. Till Jauron proves it with the Bills you can only go by his previous stint.

As for as the OL goes just because you bring new players in doesn't mean it's improved. Fowler and Reyes are unproven and have never had much success. I feel Reyes is an upgrade over Anderson though. But when we brought in Anderson most felt he was an upgrade over Pucillio. Till these guys perform you can't say it's improved.

We should be more disciplined and hopefully Losman matures. If that happens and Jauron works out and our OL improves we could be in good shape for the future. There is no chance in hell we contend for the division this year.
              You obviously didn't get the memo. When it comes to the Bills, different is better. Automatically. No questions asked.

And Jauron had one playoff season. Out of 5. It completely negates his 4 losing seasons and overall horrid W-L record.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BillsFever21
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
                You obviously didn't get the memo. When it comes to the Bills, different is better. Automatically. No questions asked.

And Jauron had one playoff season. Out of 5. It completely negates his 4 losing seasons and overall horrid W-L record.
                My memo was late being delivered to my house.

Hypothetically speaking... If Mularkey coached somewhere else the last two years and we just hired him this year I wonder if everyone would be saying we have improved coaching? I bet they would.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                  • Aug 2004

Going into last season many thought Mularkey was great and could lead us deep into the playoffs because we finished the season 9-7. I didn't get fooled by our run on the leagues worst teams and took heat for it.

Now he is gone and it's our next coach who will give us improved coaching. Even if Jauron is an improvement is he gonna be at the same level as Belichek and Saban? The Jets also has one of Belichecks disciples who could turn out pretty good.

We have some good coaches in this division. Even if Jauron is better then Mularkey I don't think he's gonna be good enough to compete with Belichek and Saban.

And just because Saban coaches for the Dolphins some will say he isn't a good coach. In reality he is.

Many people here was jerking off to the though of getting Saban for years and wanted us to hire him. After he got hired by Miami all of a sudden most of them same people thinks he is junk.

The point is I don't think Jauron will be good enough to compete with them guys and we will still be in the same shape and losing most of our divisional games. With the way the AFC is right now where you need to finish 11-5 to gurantee a WC we're a long ways away. I feel there will be at least two 10-6 teams that won't see the playoffs in the AFC this year.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    • May 2003

I believe that Jauron is smarter and more experienced than Mularkey, which should make him better.

How much better is anyone's guess. But like most intelligent people, he will in all probability learn from his previous stint with the Bears, and benefit from his association with Marv. And he is supposed to be a delegetor, so the presence of better assistant coaches should help.

I think there is at least room for some optimism.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever21
                      My memo was last being delivered to my house.

Hypothetically speaking... If Mularkey coached somewhere else the last two years and we just hired him this year I wonder if everyone would be saying we have improved coaching? I bet they would.
                      I think the general consensus is that Mularkey was so bad that a chimp with Down's Syndrome would be an improvement. There's probably some truth to that, but it's possible to be better than Mularkey and still completely suck.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        • May 2003

I think the general consensus is that Mularkey was so bad that a chimp with Down's Syndrome would be an improvement. There's probably some truth to that, but it's possible to be better than Mularkey and still completely suck.
                        I'm simply willing to give Jauron a chance, rather than automatically assuming that he - and everything else about the Bills - will suck.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                          I believe that Jauron is smarter and more experienced than Mularkey, which should make him better.

How much better is anyone's guess. But like most intelligent people, he will in all probability learn from his previous stint with the Bears, and benefit from his association with Marv. And he is supposed to be a delegetor, so the presence of better assistant coaches should help.

I think there is at least room for some optimism.
                          I think he will be better then Mularkey but that isn't saying much. Just being better then Mularkey won't make him a great coach.

He isn't even close to Belicheck's level. Saban is better then him. Mangini is TBD but he learned from Belicheck so that helps his cause.

Then we have the rest of the AFC coaches like Cowher, Dungy, DelRio, Lewis and Shanahan. All them guys are better then Jauron. Only blind optimism will think otherwise.

So with at least 7 coaches who are better then Jauron that still doesn't bold well for us in a tough AFC. Then you have other guys like Billick, Fischer and Edwards. All great coaches too.

So even if Jauron is better can he stack up to these guys to put our team in a better situation then them? I'm not optimistic he will.

Just an average coach isn't gonna get a team to make a run for it in the AFC. If Jauron is just average it won't be good enough with them kind of coaches in the AFC.

Till Ralph opens up his wallet we will only be average and lose out to them coaches. That's why we have been average since Marv left. All we have had are cheap average at best coaches. An average coach with great talent will get you somewhere in the NFC. It won't work in the AFC though.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Attached Files
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                              I'm simply willing to give Jauron a chance, rather than automatically assuming that he - and everything else about the Bills - will suck.
                              We've had 3 unsuccessful coaches in a row- Phillips, Williams, Mularkey. What makes you think Ralph knows how to pick a coach, or pick a GM that knows how to pick a coach? They haven't gotten it right since they picked Levy almost 20 years ago.

Bad decisions have been the norm for this team for over a decade. IMO, that puts the onus on them to prove they don't suck. I have reached a point where I will assume every decision they make is bad until they prove otherwise.

What has this team done recently to make you think they deserve a chance? Where do you get your confidence that they know what they're doing? There are certainly no results to prove their competence. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice....
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X