PDA

View Full Version : Football is finally here

BillsFever21
07-28-2006, 08:34 AM
It's been a long offseason. I can't wait for the games to start.

I'm not expecting many wins this season but as long as JP starts, we're competitive and show some signs for the future I can live with that.

jamze132
07-28-2006, 08:53 AM
I am expecting some wins baby!

Jan Reimers
07-28-2006, 09:09 AM
I want to see a better coached team with more motivation, more discipline, more fight, and more chemistry.

If this team shows heart, smarts and hustle, I will feel good about the future, regardless of our record this season.

gil
07-28-2006, 09:51 AM
just about anything would be better than the show of ineptitude, inability to adapt and general malaise that we were forced to sit through for most every game last year...

win or lose, I just hope we're always in games and improving.

Amare
07-28-2006, 09:55 AM
Just with our better coaching, being more discipline, with better line play, and a maturer Jp we can compete in this division.

BillsFever21
07-28-2006, 10:13 AM
Just with our better coaching, being more discipline, with better line play, and a maturer Jp we can compete in this division.

They have to prove it's better coaching. Jauron had 4 terrible seasons out of 5 his first time around and has lost almost twice as many games as he has won. Some thought the same thing when Mularkey was hired that we had better coaching now. He proved to be worse then Williams.

It would be different if we had a proven coach you could make them claims. Till Jauron proves it with the Bills you can only go by his previous stint.

As for as the OL goes just because you bring new players in doesn't mean it's improved. Fowler and Reyes are unproven and have never had much success. I feel Reyes is an upgrade over Anderson though. But when we brought in Anderson most felt he was an upgrade over Pucillio. Till these guys perform you can't say it's improved.

We should be more disciplined and hopefully Losman matures. If that happens and Jauron works out and our OL improves we could be in good shape for the future. There is no chance in hell we contend for the division this year.

OpIv37
07-28-2006, 10:18 AM
They have to prove it's better coaching. Jauron had 4 terrible seasons out of 5 his first time around and has lost almost twice as many games as he has won. Some thought the same thing when Mularkey was hired that we had better coaching now. He proved to be worse then Williams.

It would be different if we had a proven coach you could make them claims. Till Jauron proves it with the Bills you can only go by his previous stint.

As for as the OL goes just because you bring new players in doesn't mean it's improved. Fowler and Reyes are unproven and have never had much success. I feel Reyes is an upgrade over Anderson though. But when we brought in Anderson most felt he was an upgrade over Pucillio. Till these guys perform you can't say it's improved.

We should be more disciplined and hopefully Losman matures. If that happens and Jauron works out and our OL improves we could be in good shape for the future. There is no chance in hell we contend for the division this year.

You obviously didn't get the memo. When it comes to the Bills, different is better. Automatically. No questions asked.

And Jauron had one playoff season. Out of 5. It completely negates his 4 losing seasons and overall horrid W-L record.

BillsFever21
07-28-2006, 10:22 AM
You obviously didn't get the memo. When it comes to the Bills, different is better. Automatically. No questions asked.

And Jauron had one playoff season. Out of 5. It completely negates his 4 losing seasons and overall horrid W-L record.

My memo was late being delivered to my house.

Hypothetically speaking... If Mularkey coached somewhere else the last two years and we just hired him this year I wonder if everyone would be saying we have improved coaching? I bet they would.

BillsFever21
07-28-2006, 10:28 AM
Going into last season many thought Mularkey was great and could lead us deep into the playoffs because we finished the season 9-7. I didn't get fooled by our run on the leagues worst teams and took heat for it.

Now he is gone and it's our next coach who will give us improved coaching. Even if Jauron is an improvement is he gonna be at the same level as Belichek and Saban? The Jets also has one of Belichecks disciples who could turn out pretty good.

We have some good coaches in this division. Even if Jauron is better then Mularkey I don't think he's gonna be good enough to compete with Belichek and Saban.

And just because Saban coaches for the Dolphins some will say he isn't a good coach. In reality he is.

Many people here was jerking off to the though of getting Saban for years and wanted us to hire him. After he got hired by Miami all of a sudden most of them same people thinks he is junk.

The point is I don't think Jauron will be good enough to compete with them guys and we will still be in the same shape and losing most of our divisional games. With the way the AFC is right now where you need to finish 11-5 to gurantee a WC we're a long ways away. I feel there will be at least two 10-6 teams that won't see the playoffs in the AFC this year.

Jan Reimers
07-28-2006, 10:29 AM
I believe that Jauron is smarter and more experienced than Mularkey, which should make him better.

How much better is anyone's guess. But like most intelligent people, he will in all probability learn from his previous stint with the Bears, and benefit from his association with Marv. And he is supposed to be a delegetor, so the presence of better assistant coaches should help.

I think there is at least room for some optimism.

OpIv37
07-28-2006, 10:31 AM
My memo was last being delivered to my house.

Hypothetically speaking... If Mularkey coached somewhere else the last two years and we just hired him this year I wonder if everyone would be saying we have improved coaching? I bet they would.

I think the general consensus is that Mularkey was so bad that a chimp with Down's Syndrome would be an improvement. There's probably some truth to that, but it's possible to be better than Mularkey and still completely suck.

Jan Reimers
07-28-2006, 10:36 AM
I think the general consensus is that Mularkey was so bad that a chimp with Down's Syndrome would be an improvement. There's probably some truth to that, but it's possible to be better than Mularkey and still completely suck.
I'm simply willing to give Jauron a chance, rather than automatically assuming that he - and everything else about the Bills - will suck.

BillsFever21
07-28-2006, 10:37 AM
I believe that Jauron is smarter and more experienced than Mularkey, which should make him better.

How much better is anyone's guess. But like most intelligent people, he will in all probability learn from his previous stint with the Bears, and benefit from his association with Marv. And he is supposed to be a delegetor, so the presence of better assistant coaches should help.

I think there is at least room for some optimism.

I think he will be better then Mularkey but that isn't saying much. Just being better then Mularkey won't make him a great coach.

He isn't even close to Belicheck's level. Saban is better then him. Mangini is TBD but he learned from Belicheck so that helps his cause.

Then we have the rest of the AFC coaches like Cowher, Dungy, DelRio, Lewis and Shanahan. All them guys are better then Jauron. Only blind optimism will think otherwise.

So with at least 7 coaches who are better then Jauron that still doesn't bold well for us in a tough AFC. Then you have other guys like Billick, Fischer and Edwards. All great coaches too.

So even if Jauron is better can he stack up to these guys to put our team in a better situation then them? I'm not optimistic he will.

Just an average coach isn't gonna get a team to make a run for it in the AFC. If Jauron is just average it won't be good enough with them kind of coaches in the AFC.

Till Ralph opens up his wallet we will only be average and lose out to them coaches. That's why we have been average since Marv left. All we have had are cheap average at best coaches. An average coach with great talent will get you somewhere in the NFC. It won't work in the AFC though.

justasportsfan
07-28-2006, 10:42 AM

OpIv37
07-28-2006, 10:45 AM
I'm simply willing to give Jauron a chance, rather than automatically assuming that he - and everything else about the Bills - will suck.

We've had 3 unsuccessful coaches in a row- Phillips, Williams, Mularkey. What makes you think Ralph knows how to pick a coach, or pick a GM that knows how to pick a coach? They haven't gotten it right since they picked Levy almost 20 years ago.

Bad decisions have been the norm for this team for over a decade. IMO, that puts the onus on them to prove they don't suck. I have reached a point where I will assume every decision they make is bad until they prove otherwise.

What has this team done recently to make you think they deserve a chance? Where do you get your confidence that they know what they're doing? There are certainly no results to prove their competence. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice....

justasportsfan
07-28-2006, 10:48 AM
We've had 3 unsuccessful coaches in a row- Phillips, Williams, Mularkey. What makes you think Ralph knows how to pick a coach, or pick a GM that knows how to pick a coach? They haven't gotten it right since they picked Levy almost 20 years ago.

Bad decisions have been the norm for this team for over a decade. IMO, that puts the onus on them to prove they don't suck. I have reached a point where I will assume every decision they make is bad until they prove otherwise.

What has this team done recently to make you think they deserve a chance? Where do you get your confidence that they know what they're doing? There are certainly no results to prove their competence. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice....Fairweathered fan. i think the dolphins are looking for more fans like you.

If the bills make you miserable, leave or Keep your misery to yourself. Your tears are boring me.

Jan Reimers
07-28-2006, 10:50 AM
I think he will be better then Mularkey but that isn't saying much. Just being better then Mularkey won't make him a great coach.

He isn't even close to Belicheck's level. Saban is better then him. Mangini is TBD but he learned from Belicheck so that helps his cause.

Then we have the rest of the AFC coaches like Cowher, Dungy, DelRio, Lewis and Shanahan. All them guys are better then Jauron. Only blind optimism will think otherwise.
Everyone tends to forget that Belichick wasn't close to Belichick's level until he got to New England. He was run out of Cleveland. Maybe better assistants and better talent - and learning from his own mistakes - made him the "genius" that he is now.

And how do you absolutely know that these other guys - with the possible exception of Cowher and Shanahan, who have actually won something - are better than Jauron?

Are you basing everything on past W-L record, which is affected by a myriad of factors, including talent, injuries, front office support, assistant coaching quality, and lots more.

Mr. Miyagi
07-28-2006, 10:56 AM

What has this team done recently to make you think they deserve a chance? Where do you get your confidence that they know what they're doing? There are certainly no results to prove their competence. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice....
God I'm so ****** sick of this argument. :mad::mad:

There are f-ers that see the glass being half full.
There are f-ers that see the glass being half empty.
Then there are f-ers who can't make up their damn minds.

Why argue? No one will change anyone else's opinion.

Just STFU please everyone. Let the season begin and we'll find out what happens.

OpIv37
07-28-2006, 10:57 AM
I see- so, you're happy that this team picked a coach with a losing record? Why is that exactly?

Mr. Miyagi
07-28-2006, 10:58 AM
I said SHUT UP. :mad:

OpIv37
07-28-2006, 11:00 AM
Fairweathered fan. i think the dolphins are looking for more fans like you.

If the bills make you miserable, leave or Keep your misery to yourself. Your tears are boring me.

I'm a fairweather fan for being disappointed that the team has done poorly? I've NEVER stopped rooting for the Bills despite their myriad of bad decisions and failures. You're contradicting yourself- you said I was a fairweather fan and the Bills make me miserable. Well, if I'm a fairweather fan, how could I possibly care enough for the team to make me miserable?

No one is making you read my posts.

And again- why are you happy about a coach with a losing record? And what gives you confidence that this team knows how to pick a coach?

justasportsfan
07-28-2006, 11:29 AM
I'm a fairweather fan for being disappointed that the team has done poorly? I've NEVER stopped rooting for the Bills despite their myriad of bad decisions and failures. You're contradicting yourself- you said I was a fairweather fan and the Bills make me miserable. Well, if I'm a fairweather fan, how could I possibly care enough for the team to make me miserable?

No one is making you read my posts.

And again- why are you happy about a coach with a losing record? And what gives you confidence that this team knows how to pick a coach?

I am not happy nor sad about anything. You keep saying that teams under different circumstances, blah, blah,blah and that BB, Vermiel, MArv were all under a different circumstance in their first stint as a failed headcoach. Jauron is also under a different circumstance now . DUH!!!!!!! While it doesn't prove he will achieve here , it also doesn't prove he will fail like you talk. So you're the one who's contadicting yourself . You can't see that clearly because your sight is covered by your tears.

While change doesn't guarantee improvement, it's better than a SURE FAILURE by the past era. I can live with that. Yet you are so sure we will fail. That's kinda stupid. While I never doubted you before, your constant bashing of the bills and your admittance of you giving up (as usual) leads me to believe you have no business talking about the bills anymore.

You're already flooding the TZ w/ your tears. No need to make a tsunami here.

We know the bills are the underdogs. But we will enjoy the team. So you can take your misery somewhere else . We should create a forum for crybabies like you.

It's a new season full of probabilities/possibilities. Can't you at least be excited and if not stop pissing on the parade of those who are simply excited about an new BEGINING!!!!!!!

OpIv37
07-28-2006, 11:34 AM
you said I was sure they would fail. I never said that.

I said I will assume that they will fail until they prove differently. Given their past performance, I don't see what's so irrational about that.

justasportsfan
07-28-2006, 11:36 AM
you said I was sure they would fail. I never said that.

I said I will assume that they will fail until they prove differently. Given their past performance, I don't see what's so irrational about that.you've already admitted that you've given up on the team. That's means failure. Otherwise , you're contradicting yourself again.

Past failure? How can I make it any dumber for you to understand? It's a new era a new regime. A new begining and yet you are not willing to give it a chance.

OpIv37
07-28-2006, 11:42 AM
you've already admitted that you've given up on the team. That's means failure. Otherwise , you're contradicting yourself again.

Past failure? How can I make it any dumber for you to understand? It's a new era a new regime. A new begining and yet you are not willing to give it a chance.

a new era and a new regime picked by the same people who picked the last two failed regimes. Ralph still picks the GM and still signs off on the coach.

And I don't exactly know what you mean by "give it a chance". I have tickets to 2 games and I've already paid for my Sunday ticket. I'm still going to be watching the team all season. I just fully expect them to be terrible.

justasportsfan
07-28-2006, 11:50 AM
a new era and a new regime picked by the same people who picked the last two failed regimes. Ralph still picks the GM and still signs off on the coach.

And I don't exactly know what you mean by "give it a chance". I have tickets to 2 games and I've already paid for my Sunday ticket. I'm still going to be watching the team all season. I just fully expect them to be terrible.your post reeks stupidity again. Marv is a HOF coach. He may not know the ins and outs of being a GM which is why he designates and has sought help from POlian.

He does know football. You don't become a HOF coach by being stupid. While that doesn't guarantee success, it doesn't guarantee failure . How many times td o I have to explain that to you.

You blame Ralph, fair anough. Jauron has a losing record , fair enough. Ralph wanted SHerman, did he not? if he made Marv hire Sherman who has a winning record , you'd be happy with that? But wait, you said Ralphy doesn't know howto choose a coach? Self contradictory again. No surprise.

Enough talking to fairweathered fans for now.

OpIv37
07-28-2006, 11:58 AM
your post reeks stupidity again. Marv is a HOF coach. He may not know the ins and outs of being a GM which is why he designates and has sought help from POlian.

He does know football. You don't become a HOF coach by being stupid. While that doesn't guarantee success, it doesn't guarantee failure . How many times td o I have to explain that to you.

You blame Ralph, fair anough. Jauron has a losing record , fair enough. Ralph wanted SHerman, did he not? if he made Marv hire Sherman who has a winning record , you'd be happy with that? But wait, you said Ralphy doesn't know howto choose a coach? Self contradictory again. No surprise.

Enough talking to fairweathered fans for now.

you still haven't explained how being disappointed in this team's failures makes me a fairweathered fan.

You put words in my mouth about Sherman, then accused me of being self-contradictory. Why don't you let me address it for myself before you make baseless accusations. I think Sherman would have been a better pick than Jauron and I would be happier with that pick, but I'd still be skeptical because of this franchise's record with picking coaches.

You even admit that Marv doesn't know the ins and outs of being a GM, but somehow you have all this faith in him. Makes no sense to me. Polian has his own job and can only help so much.

justasportsfan
07-28-2006, 12:03 PM
you still haven't explained how being disappointed in this team's failures makes me a fairweathered fan.

You put words in my mouth about Sherman, then accused me of being self-contradictory. Why don't you let me address it for myself before you make baseless accusations. I think Sherman would have been a better pick than Jauron and I would be happier with that pick, but I'd still be skeptical because of this franchise's record with picking coaches.

You even admit that Marv doesn't know the ins and outs of being a GM, but somehow you have all this faith in him. Makes no sense to me. Polian has his own job and can only help so much..

Sherman = winning record (you'd be happier)

Sherman = Ralphys decision (which you hate)

Didn't put words in your mouth. Showing you the contadiction in your logic .if you can't see the flaw in that logic , not my fault.

OpIv37
07-28-2006, 12:06 PM

Sherman = winning record (you'd be happier)

Sherman = Ralphys decision (which you hate)

Didn't put words in your mouth. Showing you the contadiction in your logic .if you can't see the flaw in that logic , not my fault.

There is absolutely no flaw- I'd be happier with Sherman than with Jauron, but still skeptical of Ralph's decision. At this point, Ralph could hire Bellicheck away from the Pats and I'd still be skeptical. That has nothing to do with thinking Sherman is better than Jauron.

And you did put words in my mouth because I never said anything about Sherman until AFTER you did.

justasportsfan
07-28-2006, 12:10 PM
There is absolutely no flaw- I'd be happier with Sherman than with Jauron, but still skeptical of Ralph's decision. At this point, Ralph could hire Bellicheck away from the Pats and I'd still be skeptical. That has nothing to do with thinking Sherman is better than Jauron.

And you did put words in my mouth because I never said anything about Sherman until AFTER you did.
I didn't put words in you mouth . Try comprehending. You said you dislike Jauron for his record. Sherman was only an example of a coach w/ a winning record who Ralph picked. either ways you keep proving to everyone, you'd find something to b!tch about no matter what moves the bills made. Now that you've admittedly given up on the bills, word is the fins have improved. You'd look great in teal and orange :up:

BTW, not bothered by the neg. Most of my thanked posts and pos comes from replying to your whines :D.

Mr. Miyagi
07-28-2006, 12:11 PM
At this point, Ralph could hire Bellicheck away from the Pats and I'd still be skeptical.
That is precisely the issue. You will always be skeptical when it comes to the Bills, which doesn't make you a "realist", just a cynic.

justasportsfan
07-28-2006, 12:14 PM
That is precisely the issue. You will always be skeptical when it comes to the Bills, which doesn't make you a "realist", just a cynic. His negativity is almost a sickness.

OpIv37
07-28-2006, 12:17 PM
That is precisely the issue. You will always be skeptical when it comes to the Bills, which doesn't make you a "realist", just a cynic.

like I said, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice- shame on me. The Bills have already fooled me more than once, and most of you as well.

I will be taking the attitude that they suck until they prove differently.

OpIv37
07-28-2006, 12:19 PM
I didn't put words in you mouth . Try comprehending. You said you dislike Jauron for his record. Sherman was only an example of a coach w/ a winning record who Ralph picked. either ways you keep proving to everyone, you'd find something to b!tch about no matter what moves the bills made. Now that you've admittedly given up on the bills, word is the fins have improved. You'd look great in teal and orange :up:

BTW, not bothered by the neg. Most of my thanked posts and pos comes from replying to your whines :D.

If the Bills had picked 2-3 coaches in a row who turned out to be successful, I'd be cautiously optimistic. They've had 3 unsuccessful coaches in a row, so I will assume this trend continues until they prove otherwise. Why is that so hard for you to comprehend.

And when did I EVER say I gave up on this team?

Mr. Miyagi
07-28-2006, 12:21 PM
Some people prefer to look on the bright side and have hopes that everything will pan out for the best.

Others can only see the worst in situations and dwells on their own misery.

The two groups will never agree. Not just on the Bills but pretty much on everything in life. It's too fundamentally ingrained in their brains. That's how they are and will never change.

So why argue? Just agree to disagree already.

As for me, :monkeyp:Negative people

:D

Mr. Miyagi
07-28-2006, 12:24 PM
If the Bills had picked 2-3 coaches in a row who turned out to be successful, I'd be cautiously optimistic. They've had 3 unsuccessful coaches in a row, so I will assume this trend continues until they prove otherwise. Why is that so hard for you to comprehend.

And when did I EVER say I gave up on this team?
I can see your point, as stated in Newton's First Law of Motion:

"An object at rest tends to stay at rest and an object in motion tends to stay in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force."

The difference in opinion is that we think this season we have found that opposite force, whereas Op doesn't.

OpIv37
07-28-2006, 12:26 PM
Some people prefer to look on the bright side and have hopes that everything will pan out for the best.

Others can only see the worst in situations and dwells on their own misery.

The two groups will never agree. Not just on the Bills but pretty much on everything in life. It's too fundamentally ingrained in their brains. That's how they are and will never change.

So why argue? Just agree to disagree already.

As for me, :monkeyp:Negative people

:D

optimists can never be pleasantly surprised- only disappointed.

Mr. Miyagi
07-28-2006, 12:28 PM
optimists can never be pleasantly surprised- only disappointed.
Sadly neither will pessimists. They'll be too busy finding the worst in everything.

OpIv37
07-28-2006, 12:30 PM
Sadly neither will pessimists. They'll be too busy finding the worst in everything.

not necessarily- if the Bills win the SB, there won't be anything to complain about.

Til April when they **** up the draft.

justasportsfan
07-28-2006, 12:41 PM
like I said, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice- shame on me. The Bills have already fooled me more than once, and most of you as well..So tell us. How many times has MArv fooled you?

justasportsfan
07-28-2006, 12:43 PM
not necessarily- if the Bills win the SB, there won't be anything to complain about.

Til April when they **** up the draft.Puhlease. If by some miracle we won the sb the foirst words out of you would be " we'll never be able to defend it."

OpIv37
07-28-2006, 12:51 PM
So tell us. How many times has MArv fooled you?

ok now you're the one with the comprehension problem? Who picked Marv? The same person who picked TD. Get it now?

OpIv37
07-28-2006, 12:52 PM
Puhlease. If by some miracle we won the sb the foirst words out of you would be " we'll never be able to defend it."

if we ever won the SB I wouldn't even give a ****. Once we win, it's an accomplishment that can never be taken away.

justasportsfan
07-28-2006, 12:55 PM
ok now you're the one with the comprehension problem? Who picked Marv? The same person who picked TD. Get it now?MArv is the one running the team. Not ralph. You're the one who needs to run back and get your facts straight. Ralph was the one who hired Marv.

justasportsfan
07-28-2006, 12:58 PM
if we ever won the SB I wouldn't even give a ****. Once we win, it's an accomplishment that can never be taken away.you're not fooling anyone. You'd find something to ***** about. It's something you need to do on a daily basis.

OpIv37
07-28-2006, 01:01 PM
MArv is the one running the team. Not ralph. You're the one who needs to run back and get your facts straight. Ralph was the one who hired Marv.

Ralph hired TD. It was a bad choice.

Ralph hired Marv. Ralph has a history of making bad choices. Until he proves otherwise, I'll assume this one's bad too. Again, even you said Marv doesn't know the "ins and outs" of being a GM. He's also been out of the game for a long time and he's 80 years old. I'll admit my assumption will be wrong, but at this point the onus is on them to prove it.

justasportsfan
07-28-2006, 01:18 PM
Ralph hired TD. It was a bad choice.

Ralph hired Marv. Ralph has a history of making bad choices. Until he proves otherwise, I'll assume this one's bad too. Again, even you said Marv doesn't know the "ins and outs" of being a GM. He's also been out of the game for a long time and he's 80 years old. I'll admit my assumption will be wrong, but at this point the onus is on them to prove it.

Fair enough. It's also up to the new era to prove that they will fail You've already decided they will. The only problem there is, stop bringing your tears around here. Let us have our fun and we'll let you have you misery. Fair enough?

OpIv37
07-28-2006, 01:33 PM
Fair enough. It's also up to the new era to prove that they will fail You've already decided they will. The only problem there is, stop bringing your tears around here. Let us have our fun and we'll let you have you misery. Fair enough?

deal.

But for the record, I haven't decided they will fail. I'm still here, so I'm giving them the chance to prove me wrong. If I had already decided they would fail, I wouldn't be watching the games.

Mr. Miyagi
07-28-2006, 01:38 PM
GROUP HUG!!! :grouphug:

justasportsfan
07-28-2006, 02:04 PM
deal.

But for the record, I haven't decided they will fail. I'm still here, so I'm giving them the chance to prove me wrong. If I had already decided they would fail, I wouldn't be watching the games.You've said this season is going to be a disaster. The excitement is changing your tune now. Too late.

shelby
07-28-2006, 05:01 PM
:hang:

i bet a friend today that the Bills will win a MINIMUM 6 games this season.
He thinks i'm an idiot.

i think i will win the bet.:D

:gobills:

jamze132
07-29-2006, 02:47 AM

Please refrain from campring Mularkay and Jauron. Have a little faith in him. The players certainly seem to.