PDA

View Full Version : willie roaf retires

djjimkelly
07-28-2006, 11:20 AM
per nfl.com lets see what larry johnson can do now no welbourn no roaf = avg line

BuffaloBillsStampede
07-28-2006, 11:38 AM
wow thats huge for Larry Johnson I think you can say good bye to his 2,000 yard season hopes.

Philagape
07-28-2006, 11:46 AM
I haven't been high on LJ anyway. He already lost his fullback, and their passing game isn't getting any better.

L.A. Playa
07-28-2006, 11:50 AM
didnt Roaf miss like 7 games last year and Johnson still run wild ??

don137
07-28-2006, 12:20 PM
Wow that is a Ricky Williams type of move. He should of retired in february and give the Chiefs some time to get a replacement. I guess we know who will be calling Meadows

Tatonka
07-28-2006, 01:17 PM
the chiefs have a good line coach and good back ups.. roaf missed a ton of time last season and johnson still had 1700 yards in 9 games.

pretty sure he wont have any problem reaching 1700 in 16.

BillsNick
07-28-2006, 02:13 PM
the chiefs have a good line coach and good back ups.. roaf missed a ton of time last season and johnson still had 1700 yards in 9 games.

pretty sure he wont have any problem reaching 1700 in 16.

:bf1:

Goobylal
07-28-2006, 03:08 PM
Uh, Roaf started all but 2 of those games (that LJ started) and they were against 2 of the worst defenses in the NFL (Buffalo and Houston) while Welbourn started all but 1 of those games (Miami) and LJ didn't break 100 (he got 93). Heck I'll even throw-in the Oakland game in which LJ technically wasn't the starter but got the majority of the carries, and Roaf missed that one as well. Neither were out at the same time and Jordan Black was the replacement in each of those games.

LJ just might find it a little harder to run this year. And the rest of the line isn't exactly young either.

DraftBoy
07-28-2006, 03:15 PM
Have a nice life Willie! You were one of the great ones!

L.A. Playa
07-28-2006, 03:18 PM
Uh, Roaf started all but 2 of those games (that LJ started) and they were against 2 of the worst defenses in the NFL (Buffalo and Houston) while Welbourn started all but 1 of those games (Miami) and LJ didn't break 100 (he got 93). Heck I'll even throw-in the Oakland game in which LJ technically wasn't the starter but got the majority of the carries, and Roaf missed that one as well. Neither were out at the same time and Jordan Black was the replacement in each of those games.

LJ just might find it a little harder to run this year. And the rest of the line isn't exactly young either.

according to official NFL stats Roaf only played in 10 games last year

L.A. Playa
07-28-2006, 03:27 PM
I would think having the best G's and a pretty good C will mean more running up the middle, Roaf looked old and slow last year and Welbourn was never really nothing that special he usually was reffered to as the weak link on that line, I think KC will be fine just younger and Black got alot of experience last year filling in for Roaf and did a good job while in there

Goobylal
07-28-2006, 03:39 PM
according to official NFL stats Roaf only played in 10 games last year
Yes, and as I was trying to say, he started 7 of the 10 games in which LJ got the majority of the carries and Welbourn started all but 1 of those 10 games. And looking at snap.stats.com, they say Black gave up 8 sacks in 10 starts. Ouch!

L.A. Playa
07-28-2006, 03:42 PM
Im sure KC will be fine and Larry Johnson will still have a big year they will be more of a run oriented team this year anyway and if their defense is improved they will be in close games that let them run more

Tatonka
07-28-2006, 04:43 PM
i would still take LJ in the top 3 in ff if that is what this debate is about.

Goobylal
07-28-2006, 05:47 PM
It's a tangent of the main topic, which is that losing Roaf and Welbourn means Trent Green is gonna get killed. But it will have an effect on LJ's performance. He's still a great RB, but even great RB's need an O-line, and the Chefs have had one of the best for years now.

Philagape
07-28-2006, 06:27 PM
i would still take LJ in the top 3 in ff if that is what this debate is about.

Me too, but Alexander tops my board. I love Tiki too.

Tatonka
07-29-2006, 01:54 AM
LT never had a line and has been awesome in san diego for years.. having a line and a qb is overrated for the top fantasy studs.

as long as priest doesnt come back and hawk some touches, LJ will finish first or second in points for rbs.