X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Crowell Starting at Strong Side Backer

It wasn't a shock, but right away on the first day of practice Angelo Crowell was starting at the team's strong side linebacker position next to London Fletcher.

"That's what we have penciled in right now," said head coach Dick Jauron. "What I like to tell them - and it's certainly not original - that it is penciled in and you can change it. The players change it. They'll make the decisions for us as we move along."

"I feel good about it, but I've still got to prove myself, every play every day," said Crowell. "I'm definitely not taking it for granted. That's the mentality I have. I'm running with the first team right now, but that means nothing if I don't go out there and prove myself and make the same plays and more plays than I did last year."

sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Re: Crowell Starting at Strong Side Backer

sounds good.. i pretty much figured that if crowell didnt have to cover for spikes, there was no way they would keep him off the field. and posey just has not done enough to warrant keeping the job with someone like crowell available to play.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Problem: The Spikes article said he might not be ready to go for Weeks 1 and 2. If that happens, does Crowell go to WSLB and Posey takes his usuall SSLB spot? Or will they just stick Watson or someone else in for Spikes?
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
        I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
        • Sep 2004

Not a problem, not at all. I would love to give "chance" to the new and upcoming talent on our roster, and find out what we have in there. Out with the old and regular/average, and in with the youth/speed/skills/hungry. Oh yeah baby, bring the young dogs!!!
        The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• madness
          • Apr 2003

Crowell looks tiny next TKO.

It sure is nice to see the coaching staff practicing what they preach.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by The last buffalo fan
            Not a problem, not at all. I would love to give "chance" to the new and upcoming talent on our roster, and find out what we have in there. Out with the old and regular/average, and in with the youth/speed/skills/hungry. Oh yeah baby, bring the young dogs!!!
            I have no problem with Crowell playing- he looked pretty damn good last year. The problem is that last year he was Spikes' backup. If he's a starter and Spikes is injured still when the season starts, we need to find another backup to play for Spikes.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

btw in the article Jauron doubted that Posey would play DE. But I have a feeling that with Crowell starting at LB, Posey WILL see reps at DE once Kelsay and Denney fail to pressure the QB enough.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                • Apr 2005

Im glad we're switchin. I like the work ethic in Crowell. Posey never did anything for me. The only good year he had was with Houston who ran a 3-4. He was the blitzing linebacker so his stats were good. I think Crowell is a nice upgrade. He seems hungry!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Posey as a DE!! If not cut his lazy ass!!

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                    Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    Problem: The Spikes article said he might not be ready to go for Weeks 1 and 2. If that happens, does Crowell go to WSLB and Posey takes his usuall SSLB spot? Or will they just stick Watson or someone else in for Spikes?
                    It says that Mario Haggan got first team reps at Spikes' position which could mean he's currently next in line if Spikes can't go week one. It's nice to see Liam Ezikiel (w/e..) getting 2nd team reps, which is not a good sign for reserve Josh Stamer.
                    "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                    -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Goobylal
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
                      It says that Mario Haggan got first team reps at Spikes' position which could mean he's currently next in line if Spikes can't go week one. It's nice to see Liam Ezikiel (w/e..) getting 2nd team reps, which is not a good sign for reserve Josh Stamer.
                      Where is Stamer on the depth chart? And he's more of a ST'er anyway.

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

Crowell can run, which is imperative in the Cover 2 scheme. Posey can only cover ground in short bursts... not sideline to sideline like Crowell.

He's got the new contract extension and the staff made the right call, IMO.
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Wow. Nobody's *****ing about what a bunch of dumb-asses the coaching staff and front office are?
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

what about Watson?
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Nighthawk
                              Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                              It wasn't a shock, but right away on the first day of practice Angelo Crowell was starting at the team's strong side linebacker position next to London Fletcher.

"That's what we have penciled in right now," said head coach Dick Jauron. "What I like to tell them - and it's certainly not original - that it is penciled in and you can change it. The players change it. They'll make the decisions for us as we move along."

"I feel good about it, but I've still got to prove myself, every play every day," said Crowell. "I'm definitely not taking it for granted. That's the mentality I have. I'm running with the first team right now, but that means nothing if I don't go out there and prove myself and make the same plays and more plays than I did last year."

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3889
                              This gives me a better feeling about Jauron and his ability to choose the more talented players. Good move and I hope it is the first of many for the Bills this year!

Comment

Working...
                              X