PDA

View Full Version : Day One Practice Notes

justasportsfan
07-28-2006, 02:23 PM
Quarterbacks
Snaps appeared to be pretty even throughout the morning workouts. By my count Craig Nall got one less snap than J.P. Losman and Kelly Holcomb. The quarterbacks know going in that the coaching staff is handling the rep rotation the most efficient way possible.

"It is a three-way competition so sometimes rep problems are going to pop up," said Nall. "I'm not really worried about how many reps I get as long as the ones I get in there really count."

All three players had their share of problems with the wet footballs, but Losman seemed to have better command of his passes than Holcomb or Nall who had a few floaters and threw some passes high.

"Some balls were slick and others were just flat out heavy," said Nall. "I think that's why some of them were sailing high. You have a tendency to release the ball a little earlier when it's heavy like that. I've just got to focus better because we might be playing in conditions like this. Hopefully we'll have some better balls, but you've still got to execute."

"The ball gets real heavy and let's face it, in practice we're not as good as we are in the game with keeping the dry ball in there," said head coach Dick Jauron. "The balls get awfully heavy and they get slick and it gets hard. They took turns again and threw really good balls at times and also some bad ones."

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3890

DraftBoy
07-28-2006, 03:11 PM
good for JP! I like the even reps thought too!

THE END OF ALL DAYS
07-28-2006, 03:17 PM
GO JP!

justasportsfan
07-28-2006, 03:58 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/blog/?blogger_id=1

oops there's a blog re: 1st day camp too.

Philagape
07-28-2006, 04:14 PM
Round 1 to JP :box:

Kerr
07-28-2006, 04:19 PM
Jp!

Night Train
07-28-2006, 04:54 PM
Go JP !

Also, could I get a raise of hands for an explanation why Aiken is getting more reps at WR than a fencepost, let alone another WR.

ShadowHawk7
07-28-2006, 05:21 PM
He did throw a pick however. Looks like a fairly even practice for the 3 QBs with Holcomb possibly with the worst performance.

Go George Wilson!

The Oline still scares me..

Great effort on McCargo/Agent's part in getting to camp on time.

Looks like the backup CB battle will be very fierce.

mybills
07-28-2006, 06:07 PM
"Some balls were slick and others were just flat out heavy," said Nall. "I think that's why some of them were sailing high. You have a tendency to release the ball a little earlier when it's heavy like that. I've just got to focus better because we might be playing in conditions like this. Hopefully we'll have some better balls, but you've still got to execute."

Might be? :chuckle:

ScottLawrence
07-28-2006, 06:42 PM
This coming from the biggest Losmanic of all in Chris Brown......Go watch his one on one interview with JP and you'll see what I mean.

ibatiger
07-28-2006, 07:17 PM
Round 1 to JP :box:

If you're keeping score by each practice then it looks like Nall got round 2 in the pm. The fact is with the rain this morning and not knowing what plays each QB was executing and especially the fact that Losman went frist with the driest balls, it's impossible to grade the practice with the information we have.

patmoran2006
07-28-2006, 07:23 PM
He did throw a pick however. Looks like a fairly even practice for the 3 QBs with Holcomb possibly with the worst performance.

Go George Wilson!

The Oline still scares me..

Great effort on McCargo/Agent's part in getting to camp on time.

Looks like the backup CB battle will be very fierce.

Absolutely.. King-Greer-Youboty-Thomas

One of the better competitions in camp for sure.

YardRat
07-28-2006, 07:24 PM
I saw a few clips of Nall throwing on the news...the passes they showed looked like he was releasing a little flat.

Kerr
07-28-2006, 07:53 PM
If you're keeping score by each practice then it looks like Nall got round 2 in the pm. The fact is with the rain this morning and not knowing what plays each QB was executing and especially the fact that Losman went frist with the driest balls, it's impossible to grade the practice with the information we have.

your boy nall better ask for a trade because he's not going to beat out jp.

gr8slayer
07-28-2006, 09:01 PM
We need to get the JPD going again.

Tatonka
07-28-2006, 09:05 PM
the jpd never died.

ibatiger
07-28-2006, 11:14 PM
your boy nall better ask for a trade because he's not going to beat out jp.

He'll leave him in his dust when the lights go on in two weeks.

billsburgh
07-29-2006, 12:05 AM
the jpd never died.
what is the JPD?