PDA

View Full Version : the training camp questions thread...

ublinkwescore
07-28-2006, 05:18 PM
Did Kevin Everett do anything of note?

Same with Andre Davis and Peerless...?

ublinkwescore
07-28-2006, 05:19 PM
Also - the same with McCargo...

patmoran2006
07-28-2006, 06:45 PM
Did Coy Wire get cut yet?

shelby
07-28-2006, 06:46 PM
:mad:

OpIv37
07-28-2006, 10:14 PM
Also - the same with McCargo...

Reed Mikey's report- McCargo got chewed out by Kollar and had to run sprints.

He didn't say anything about Price or Davis so I was wondering the same thing myself. I don't expect much out of Price and I don't know anything about Davis.

Michael82
07-28-2006, 10:28 PM

He didn't say anything about Price or Davis so I was wondering the same thing myself. I don't expect much out of Price and I don't know anything about Davis.
I didn't notice Davis much at all. And Josh Reed seemed to be getting more reps at #2 than Peerless Price.

Michael82
07-28-2006, 10:29 PM

Kevin Everett was used more for blocking, as an extra lineman and did a good job. I saw both Royal and Neufeld catch passes, not Everett.

ublinkwescore
07-28-2006, 11:34 PM
It's still early... plenty of time for guys to shake some cobwebs out.

DraftBoy
07-28-2006, 11:57 PM

Good to hear, give the rookie hell! In all seriousness now that TC has started Im happy to see that every mistake is being pounded home. In minicamps mistakes can be "corrected" in TC your fatass runs.

jamze132
07-29-2006, 04:55 AM
I think maybe the reason Reed was given more reps as the #2 is so they could get Price and Davis fired up and bring the heat! No way in hell Reed is the #2 receiver!

LifetimeBillsFan
07-29-2006, 08:23 AM
From Chris Brown's blog on Day One's afternoon session:

"....WRs: The most popular targets in the afternoon were Reed, Price, Aiken and Evans. Wilson, Smith and Royal also chipped in here and there. Martin Nance isn't getting a lot of reps right now...."

Price is listed right behind Reed. No mention of Davis. Parrish apparently had the best play of the day.

As for McCargo:

"....DEFENSE: With the focus so squarely on quarterbacks today it was hard for me to focus on defensive play all that much, but watching McCargo he looked quick out of his stance. But with no pads in either session today, it was difficult to gauge the play of the linemen on either side of the ball anyway. Courtney Watson stood up a lineman on a screen play. I want to say it was Duke Preston, but I'm not 100% sure.

McCargo also got a tongue lashing from defensive line coach Bill Kollar. It went as follows.

Kollar: "We've got to do muuuccch better than that McCargo! You just let two guys go right by you!"

Kollar then pulled him aside to speak with him quietly after which McCargo ran a 30-yard wind sprint down the field and then back. When he was done he was bent at the waist huffing a bit. And to think he just signed a contract and became a multi-millionaire...."
http://buffalobills.com/blog/?blogger_id=1

Also, from the main article on BB.com about Day One of training camp:

"....John McCargo lined up with the second string defense next to fellow rookie defensive tackle Kyle Williams...."
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3890

ublinkwescore
07-29-2006, 08:51 AM
I hope McCargo doesn't end up being a bust.

We need him to establish himself sooner rather than later.

patmoran2006
07-29-2006, 09:24 AM
I hope McCargo doesn't end up being a bust.

We need him to establish himself sooner rather than later.
Dude its been one day of camp..

ublinkwescore
07-29-2006, 10:42 AM
I know...

I'm just saying - He better turn into a probowler.

Philagape
07-29-2006, 11:40 AM
Bills | Gibson lining up at guard
Sat, 29 Jul 2006 09:16:42 -0700

Chris Brown, of BuffaloBills.com, reports Buffalo Bills OL Aaron Gibson lined up at right guard during practice Friday, July 28.

Was this with the first team?

jamze132
07-29-2006, 11:47 AM
I know...

I'm just saying - He better turn into a probowler.
Wow! Then I guess Ralph Wilson is going to find the fountain of youth!

Michael82
07-29-2006, 06:13 PM
BuffaloBillsStampede said that McCargo got chewed out again today and did sprints this morning.

BuffaloBillsStampede
07-29-2006, 06:58 PM
They also told him good job a few times, but I think they are just trying to ride him a little harder because they know how important it is for him to develope quickly. I love Perry Fewell so far. Jabari Gree picked Holcomb off this morning and didn't run it all the way back to the end zone and he got reemed out and pretty much embarassed in front of everyone and Fewell made him turn around and run to the end zone with the ball. Everytime the ball hits the ground he makes them run to it and scoop it up and go. We need an emotional coach to go with Jauron's style.

Michael82
07-29-2006, 07:02 PM
They also told him good job a few times, but I think they are just trying to ride him a little harder because they know how important it is for him to develope quickly. I love Perry Fewell so far. Jabari Gree picked Holcomb off this morning and didn't run it all the way back to the end zone and he got reemed out and pretty much embarassed in front of everyone and Fewell made him turn around and run to the end zone with the ball. Everytime the ball hits the ground he makes them run to it and scoop it up and go. We need an emotional coach to go with Jauron's style.
I love it! :clap:

ublinkwescore
07-30-2006, 12:11 AM

I like Fewell already - if he's successful as a Dcoordinator - he may be a hot head coaching candidate in a few years - if Jauron doesn't work out, I hope he remembers us promoting him.

DraftBoy
07-30-2006, 12:17 AM
Loving Perry so far!!!

Michael82
07-30-2006, 07:45 AM
Loving Perry so far!!!
Me too. :up:

HHURRICANE
07-30-2006, 08:52 AM
BuffaloBillsStampede said that McCargo got chewed out again today and did sprints this morning.

Maybe that's why he's in the hospital?!

HHURRICANE
07-30-2006, 08:53 AM

Ed Kilgore had a good article and said Davis and Price looked very fast.