PDA

View Full Version : Spikes Shooting To Play Season Opener vs Pats

LifetimeBillsFan
07-29-2006, 07:59 AM
After saying that T.Spikes was shooting to be ready to play the Bills home opener against the Jets, the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle corrected that its podcast on the opening of training camp as well as in the article about McCargo being on the field for Friday afternoon's practice:

"....Spikes, who doesn't expect to play in any preseason games, is shooting to be ready for the regular season opener on Sept. 10 at New England, not the home opener two weeks later against the New York Jets, a more conservative goal that was once mentioned...."
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060729/SPORTS03/607290324/1021

Apparently the D & C sports staff that has been covering the Bills was not paying attention to what TKO has been saying to the media for the past month when it initially and erroneously reported that he was looking to be ready for the home opener rather than the season opener because Spikes has been very explicit recently about how he has been visualizing himself being in the lockerroom in New England before the season opener, getting ready to go out on the field.

That should set to rest any concerns about who the Bills will start at WLB before TKO's return during the regular season. Barring any set-backs--and the article details how the Bills intend to take it slow with Spikes in TC and the preseason in order to avoid that--the Bills starting WLB on opening day should be T.Spikes.

patmoran2006
07-29-2006, 09:28 AM
I'm growing increasingly concerned about him.. They ABSOLUTELY need him in the lineup.

don137
07-29-2006, 10:52 AM
I rather hear that he will be ready for the oper rather than shooting for the opener. Even if he does play I doubt he will be 100% and the same Takeo that we saw previously.

patmoran2006
07-29-2006, 11:12 AM
I'm not stupid I know the effect losing Pat Williams had on the defense, but losing Spikes last year was the ultimate blow.. He's the UNQUESTIONED leader of that defense.

They need him back this year, plain and simple.. the defense is different when he's there. If he suffers a setback I think its gonna be the same story as last year with that unit

ghz in pittsburgh
07-29-2006, 11:16 AM
You have to be rational, Pat. I'm not a doctor, but I did research on this field before. I challenge you name one, only one professional athlete, who suffered a similar injury and came back within 400 days performing at the level he/she had before the injury.

patmoran2006
07-29-2006, 11:23 AM
You have to be rational, Pat. I'm not a doctor, but I did research on this field before. I challenge you name one, only one professional athlete, who suffered a similar injury and came back within 400 days performing at the level he/she had before the injury.

Y0ur right and I dont dispute any of that. I simply said this defense NEEDS Spikes back-especially now that they expect him.

patmoran2006
07-29-2006, 11:24 AM
And Spikes at 85% is better than anyone we have at 100%