PDA

View Full Version : WTF with Whitner?

patmoran2006
07-29-2006, 11:41 AM
WTF is the problem here.

Huff signed, you have the standard for a contract now. He was picked one spot after him, at the same position and is also a projected rookie starter.

I dont know all the details, but this guy should be THRILLED he was "reached" for at 8. Sign your ****ing contract and get your ass into camp, you're likely starting in week one.

Someone BETTER respond to this later today telling me he signed and to quit crying, I'll be happy to hear that for noce.

jamze132
07-29-2006, 11:49 AM
WTF is the problem here.

Huff signed, you have the standard for a contract now. He was picked one spot after him, at the same position and is also a projected rookie starter.

I dont know all the details, but this guy should be THRILLED he was "reached" for at 8. Sign your ****ing contract and get your ass into camp, you're likely starting in week one.

Someone BETTER respond to this later today telling me he signed and to quit crying, I'll be happy to hear that for noce.
Chill out and relax, it will get done soon.

clumping platelets
07-29-2006, 12:09 PM
could be the Bills want a 6 yr deal but since Huff signed a 5 yr deal, he wants only 5 yrs

patmoran2006
07-29-2006, 12:11 PM
Its still a little early to jump to any conclusions and this can change at any moment (but if it dont get done in next few days it is time to jump conclusions)

Around the league, we are already ridiculed for drafting Whitner without trading down.. Fine and dandy, F-you other NFL fans.. BUT, if this becomes prolonged we'll look mighty ******ed drafting a player most considered a reach to begin with and then not being able to sign him.

I think it gets done by Monday though, it BETTER

YardRat
07-29-2006, 12:13 PM
It'll get done...and what makes you think Whitner is the hold-up? Maybe OBD is balking at coming close to Huff's numbers.

patmoran2006
07-29-2006, 12:18 PM
It'll get done...and what makes you think Whitner is the hold-up? Maybe OBD is balking at coming close to Huff's numbers.
Wouldn't surprise me.

Goobylal
07-29-2006, 12:21 PM
The salaries are slotted. The Bills will have to pay Whitner between Huff and Sims, who hasn't signed and may also be holding up the process (i.e. Whitner's agent wanting between what Huff and Sims got). Also the 6-year versus 5-year is probably playing out here. I hope it gets done soon.

patmoran2006
07-29-2006, 01:10 PM
Salaries arent slotted. Each team has a rookie pool for which they can sign players. But 8 doesnt automatically have to get less than 7.

For example, Bush wants to be paid more than Mario Williams, who was the top pick..

Then of course there is length of deal, guarenteed money, signing bonus. etc.

I really dont care.. All I know is we took a HUGE chance by drafting this kid so high, and if we're projecting him to be a starter, they need to find middle ground and get this deal done..

If you remember, Whitner missed most the OTA 's as well, because of school rules so he's really going to behind the 8 ball if he misses more time.

DraftBoy
07-29-2006, 02:19 PM
Dont forget Bush will want more than Young who is getting more than Williams potentially.

Would not surprise me to see Whitner ask for mroe than Huff, the NFL owners have allowed for a dangerous precedent to be set this year, esp if Reggie Bush gets more total and guaranteed money than Mario Williams.

OpIv37
07-29-2006, 03:06 PM
Two days of camp have passed. That means "soon" is still too late. The more camp this guy misses, the less effective he'll be.

Richard Gozinya
07-29-2006, 04:59 PM
The outrage is conspicuously absent. The dude that everyone hopes is going to step in as the QB of the Cover 2 D (a la Ed Reed @ UM), is vapor 2 days into camp. This is a problem.

Looks like everyone blew out their larynx screaming about the meaningless photo op that Willis missed back in March.

If our safeties are Troy Vincent and Matt Bowen, color me skeptical. Hopefully Ko Simpson grabs this opportunity like the bulldog I think he is.

Mr. Cynical
07-29-2006, 05:13 PM
could be the Bills want a 6 yr deal but since Huff signed a 5 yr deal, he wants only 5 yrs

To be honest, would you want a 6 yr deal with this team if you were him?

patmoran2006
07-29-2006, 05:26 PM
Dont forget Bush will want more than Young who is getting more than Williams potentially.

Would not surprise me to see Whitner ask for mroe than Huff, the NFL owners have allowed for a dangerous precedent to be set this year, esp if Reggie Bush gets more total and guaranteed money than Mario Williams.

He's on crack if he thinks he is going to get or deserve more money than Huff. Dont think that's the case, but if it is, who the hell does he think he is?

Huff was one of the best players in college football. Whitner was a VERY solid safety at OSU, but don't be naive enough to think that playing with AJ Hawk, Bobby Carpenter and Ashton Youboty didn't make things a little bit easier. For those keeping score, thats 2 OSU guys besides Whitner taken in the first 18 picks, and Youboty in the third (who was projected higher)

How many other Texas defenders were taken on day one of the draft again?

Sign your deal and get your ass into camp, whether its you or your agent, you're not off to the best start.

BillsFever21
07-29-2006, 07:38 PM
He's on crack if he thinks he is going to get or deserve more money than Huff. Dont think that's the case, but if it is, who the hell does he think he is?

Well, if you believe the crap spewed from Marv's mouth all offseason when defending the pick then they had Whitner rated higher then Huff.

Everyone says that the Bills know best so if they think Whitner was better then Huff then maybe Whitner wants more money.

patmoran2006
07-29-2006, 07:49 PM
Marv's the one GM in the world who had Whitner rated higher then.

I'm thinking its a how many years issue as opposed to the money. .THen again, we're dealing with Wilson.

I'm just shocked.. I'd have expected this with Huff, or Leinart, Hawk or a guy like that.. but f'n Donte Whitner?

YardRat
07-29-2006, 07:56 PM
Two days. Big deal. I'll start *****ing when it gets up to a week.

Richard Gozinya
07-29-2006, 09:20 PM
Two days. Big deal. I'll start *****ing when it gets up to a week.

How many days of voluntary photo ops did it take before you got your Victoria's Secrets in a twist over McGahee being absent?