PDA

View Full Version : Gibson trying his hand at guard

patmoran2006
07-29-2006, 12:01 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3897

Aaron Gibson has been a right tackle his entire NFL career, so imagine the surprise of the six-year veteran when on day one of Bills training camp he was lining up at right guard.
"It was kind of a shock to me," said Gibson. "I kind of knew, but I didn't realize it was going to be that quick. I've never played guard so I want to see if I can."
"The reason we moved him inside is we have a number of tackles," said offensive line coach Jim McNally. "We wanted to give Dylan McFarland and Brad Butler the opportunity to get reps there. Aaron has had the experience of playing tackle so we're interested to see if there's more he can do."

YardRat
07-29-2006, 12:35 PM
Gibson's going to turn out to be a valuable utility back-up, at the very least.

I hope :D

ryjam282
07-29-2006, 12:47 PM
I agree, we all know he could play tackle in a pinch. Sure, he won't go to the pro bowl there but could help us if needed. I think this just makes him more valuable if he could prove to be decent at this new position as well as making him more valuable as a player.

Hell, with his damn size he could be a very solid guard as there aren't many DT's that would be able to move him very easily.

patmoran2006
07-29-2006, 01:12 PM
Id really love to see Gibson or Preston beat out Villarial.- though not likely since he is a Jauron guy from Chicago days.

Villarrial is inconsistent even when he's actually healthy. I'd love to have more youth and upside at right guard.. Chris V is FAR from irreplacable and invaluable to this team. He's an average guard who's getting old quick.

Meathead
07-29-2006, 01:54 PM
i cant remember why gibson was out of football

SABURZFAN
07-29-2006, 02:00 PM
i cant remember why gibson was out of football

:fat:

Ed
07-29-2006, 07:04 PM
I seriously doubt Villlarial plays 16 games this year. Even if he does, he might retire after this season. It would be good to develop someone else at RG.

BuffaloBillsStampede
07-29-2006, 08:58 PM
I saw Gibson for the first time today at camp, and that is one huge man that I can't picture any DT in the league just pushing around.

DraftBoy
07-29-2006, 09:10 PM
He was a dominant tackle at Wisconsin. His flaw was he couldnt handle the speed rush DE's. Moving him inside might do wonders for him. At the very least he's now motivated.