PDA

View Full Version : Chris Browns Blog- Day 2 Morning session

patmoran2006
07-29-2006, 12:09 PM
http://buffalobills.com/blog/?blogger_id=1

This QB situation is looking ugly mighty quick. I believe everything he said about Holcomb, and It doesnt seem like JP or Nall are really doing anything special either. WE could all fight and debate until the end of time who should be QB and why this team will be improved or worst. One thing we should all agree on, if SOMEONE Doesnt step up and take control at this position, this team is really going to blow.

Like the blurb about Gibson-maybe he can make the team as a guard and play once that injured-prone bum Villarrial gets hurt. Based on watching him last year, I really think Preston or perhaps now Gibson is a better answer, we'll see.

Greer vs King is looking like a good battle.

YardRat
07-29-2006, 12:17 PM
I like Greer.

If Losman is supposed to be the QB that many think he could be, he should be blowing the other two out of the water.

Goobylal
07-29-2006, 12:20 PM
It's just the 2nd day of camp. No one blows anyone away yet.

YardRat
07-29-2006, 12:27 PM
True...give it a couple of weeks...

ublinkwescore
07-29-2006, 12:32 PM
And a couple preseason games... that's what I want to have this 'competition' judged on.

PromoTheRobot
07-29-2006, 12:46 PM
I like Greer.

If Losman is supposed to be the QB that many think he could be, he should be blowing the other two out of the water.

Could you tell me what "blowing the other two out of the water" would be? Seriously! I read so many cliches about players performances but I don't think anyone can define what would be a superior performance. Do you want to see Losman float 6 inches above the turf and fire a 105yd bullet pass to himself? That would blow the other two QB's out of the water!

PTR

ZacGriffi~82
07-29-2006, 12:54 PM
I heard from another report that Nall looked really solid. :shrug:

ibatiger
07-29-2006, 01:19 PM
This is from a fans eye view. Posted on the board on the Bill's site. I read another lengthly real nice fans report that I can't find at the moment that gave a lot of detail on Losman's performance yesterday, but in the end said that Nall had the overall edge for the day. A lot of conflictiong information on the QBs. I guess that is to be expected. Would like to be a fly on the wall of Jauron's office when he is meeting with the OC and QC after practices.

I went to see our boys today just to see football FINALLY!
The QB competion:
Nall- Craig was very on in the morning practice not one ball hit the ground and he was the only bills QB not to throw an INT
Losman- played well too JP had the prettiest pass of the morning a completion to number 86 Brad Cieslak. He also had a nice check down to Cieslak wanna the bills secondary were swarming the receivers. JP did get picked off by Jabari Greer
Holcomb: He was pretty awful today. His passes were crisp but his descision making was that of Ryan Leaf. He threw the ball into coverage alot and got picked off by Jabari Greer.
Parrish- Roscoe was great today he ran great routes and just seemed to be a gear faster than everyone.
Greer- as you can tell Jabari had a good work out with 2 picks
Spikes- Takeo had a very limited roll today he did posistion drills and thats about it.

Any oter players you want to know about just leave a reply here.

Buffalo Bills Message Boards - Spikes' Training Camp Report (Morning Session) (http://boards.buffalobills.com/forums/thread/1207504.aspx)

patmoran2006
07-29-2006, 01:38 PM
Maybe that Fox report that said Jauron is very high on Nall isnt such bogus after all

Goobylal
07-29-2006, 01:45 PM
Nall had a sure INT dropped by a player yesterday. And reports are that his arm strength isn't all that great.

There's still a lot of practice time left, but I think we can pretty much say that it's evident Holcomb will NOT be the Bills' starter. Thankfully.

ibatiger
07-29-2006, 02:11 PM
Nall had a sure INT dropped by a player yesterday. And reports are that his arm strength isn't all that great.

There's still a lot of practice time left, but I think we can pretty much say that it's evident Holcomb will NOT be the Bills' starter. Thankfully.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with his arm strength. Any reports to the contrary can be flatly dismissed. I know that much for sure.

Jan Reimers
07-29-2006, 02:17 PM
It's just the 2nd day of camp. No one blows anyone away yet.
I was about to remind Pat of the same thing. Let's not go into gloom and doom, piss and moan mode already. It's the 3rd practice, on July 29th, for pete's sake.

Night Train
07-29-2006, 02:24 PM
I was at todays morning pratcice and saw Losman throw one bad pass to Greer and had one tipped on a slant.

Otherwise, he looked very sharp with a big arm and the ability to thread the ball. Miles better than anyone else.

Sorry to ruin your vivid depressing imagination by actual being there to watch it.

CAbills
07-29-2006, 02:31 PM
I was at todays morning pratcice and saw Losman throw one bad pass to Greer and had one tipped on a slant.

Otherwise, he looked very sharp with a big arm and the ability to thread the ball. Miles better than anyone else.

Sorry to ruin your vivid depressing imagination by actual being there to watch it.

This is what Paul Hamiliton reports on GR this morning. Losman was doing a lot better then everyone else until the Greer INT. All this Nall praise seems to be lost on Hamilton he said he wouldn't call him "horrible" but yea...Said Holcomb was so so on but the receivers had to make a lot of body contortions to make some of the catches.

Which led him to give a little praise to the receiving core on a whole so far. Mentioning that Josh Reed has not dropped a pass so far.

Night Train
07-29-2006, 02:50 PM
Nall doesn't lead his WR's well. They were reaching behind to catch several. Nall didn't dazzle me at all , other than to show he's a better backup than Holcomb and his weak arm. He did nothing for me today.

I'm sold on Martin Nance. Good hands and speed. Losman found him several times.

Maybe the most impressive guy was Robert Royal. He dove to catch a few bad passes and looked good downfield. Everett didn't get half the snaps Royal did.

jamze132
07-29-2006, 03:30 PM
Obviously if you are a JP fan and you witnessed practice, you would say that JP had a great day. If you happen to be a Nall fan, you will argue that he had the best day. It's way too freakin' early to assume anything. Hell, they haven't even put pads on, according to people who were there. But I wouldn't know since I wasn't there to make an observation.

shelby
07-29-2006, 03:46 PM
Nall hurt his hammy.
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3900

ublinkwescore
07-29-2006, 05:32 PM

I've got a strong arm, but it needs some considerable warming up time before it becomes apparent. I can barely throw for 25 yards with my arm being cold - but after it's warmed up, I can throw for just over 50...

That might have had something to do with it - at least I hope so if this guy is gonna be a contender for our starting job.

BuffaloBillsStampede
07-29-2006, 06:45 PM
I was at both practices today and my opinion was that JP, and Nall were the better two by far in the morning. At night JP and Holcomb were awful and Nall was pretty consitent until getting hurt. It sucks for me to say that because I am a JP supporter, but he was really off in the afternoon practice. I am not going to get too discouraged thought because like you guys said it is only the second practice. on the good side of things our depth at DB and LB looks to be nasty. We have four good CB not counting Youboty. Ko Simpson had a pick and dropped it. Haggan had a pick and dropped it. There were a couple other things I noticed. One being that Ryan Denney started with the 1st unit all day and they seemed to get good pressure pretty consistently. JP is always around the 1st string O-Line during stretches and things of that sort. John McCargo was getting chewed out again by Fewell for some reason. I think McCargo looks good, but it will take time for him to be an impact player at this level.

Overall: I am very encouraged by the way the defense looked today. Our depth is great at LB, and DB and the line seemed to get pressure a lot. With that said the offense looked pretty dreadful all day aside from a few good plays. If a quarterback doesn't step up shortly we could be looking at a return to the two years before last with a great D and no O. I feel like Holcomb has no chance of winning the starting job at this point, and Nall impressed me more than I want to admit.

YardRat
07-29-2006, 08:24 PM
Could you tell m what "blowing the other two out of the water" would be?

I would like to see consistent, not conflicting, reports that JP is performing better than the other two.

That would be "blowing the other two out of the water" at this point, for me.

Goobylal
07-29-2006, 08:44 PM
It sounds like Greer is doing a great job out there. He was given an "nice work out there" by Jauron. And at this stage of TC, the defense is always ahead of the offense.

Michael82
07-29-2006, 08:55 PM
It sounds like Greer is doing a great job out there. He was given an "nice work out there" by Jauron. And at this stage of TC, the defense is always ahead of the offense.
Eric King is also doing a good job though and pushing hard for the nickelback job.

Kerr
07-29-2006, 11:53 PM
I'm glad to hear gibson is doing well at guard. I always thought he'd do well and was a better fit inside.

PromoTheRobot
07-30-2006, 10:36 AM
I would like to see consistent, not conflicting, reports that JP is performing better than the other two.

That would be "blowing the other two out of the water" at this point, for me.
Yeah, that will be the day when everyone on this board will have the same opinion on any player. I would take any scouting reports from anyone on this board with a block of salt, myself included. Mainly because no one really understands what they are seeing. There's also a tendancy to treat this like a game show: make one error and your value as a player drops to zero.

PTR

Earthquake Enyart
07-31-2006, 07:24 AM
I think the point is that JP was a NO. 1 draft pick and Nall and Holcomb are journeymen at best. JP ought to look a heckuva lot better than those two.

justasportsfan
07-31-2006, 10:07 AM
I think the point is that JP was a NO. 1 draft pick and Nall and Holcomb are journeymen at best. JP ought to look a heckuva lot better than those two.
Not gonna happen that fast especially when you are just learning a new O after just starting 8 games. I would think that even Peyton would be struggling in JP's situation. I am encouraged that JP is looking better than someone who's usually been great at making reads in Holcomb. In the little time he's been in the league, that means he's getting better at reading D's and making decisions.

ibatiger
07-31-2006, 12:37 PM
Obviously if you are a JP fan and you witnessed practice, you would say that JP had a great day. If you happen to be a Nall fan, you will argue that he had the best day. It's way too freakin' early to assume anything. Hell, they haven't even put pads on, according to people who were there. But I wouldn't know since I wasn't there to make an observation.

Actually, the guy who writes the detailed reports for the board on the Bills site (BadLandsMeanie) that are linked from the front page of the site gave the edge to Nall on both days. And he said he wears a Losman jersey and is a Losman homer.