PDA

View Full Version : Summary of the First Two Days

patmoran2006
07-29-2006, 05:41 PM
I'm looking forward to pads and more contact with camp this coming week, because after only the first two days by most accounts from articles I've read, people I've talked to and heard on the radio, camp isn't going as good as we hope.

Of course, its ridiculous even for a "realist" to be overly complaining after only a few days, but there are already three things that really bothering me.

1) It appears from most accounts that none of the three quarterbacks are looking particulary good. Holcomb's arm looks like rubber, JP's making great throws followed by horrible INT's and Nall the reviews have been mixed, not too mention he's now dinged up already. Can't speak for Nall, but with Holcomb and Losman, so far it sounds pretty much the same story of a year ago.

2) I can't believe Whitner still isn't signed. As a projected rookie starter, it's bad enough he's missing time, EVERYDAY is important especially for a rookie starter. It is compounded as a big deal because he missed OTA's because of his college exams. That's NOT good.

3) There is already speculation that Spikes may not be ready for the season opener, and by not playing in any preseason games he can't help but be a little rusty. His recovery and return to the playing field is CRITICAL, they are a different football team with him than without, and he's one of the few strong veteran leaders remaining.

Also not to thrilled to see Reed taking snaps with the first team over Price.

on the positive side, I'm hearing that RObert Royal is looking great at TE right now, and Oliver Gibson is looking pretty good at guard. Jabrari Greer is also looking good at corner.

Let's hope these QB's pick it up this coming week and Whitner gets his ass to camp before Monday.

djjimkelly
07-29-2006, 06:00 PM
aaron gibson not olive oil

patmoran2006
07-29-2006, 06:00 PM
aaron gibson not olive oil
my bad.. at least I didnt say Kirk Gibson