PDA

View Full Version : BuffaloBillsStampede's Report.....

Michael82
07-29-2006, 07:06 PM
Forked from: Chris Browns Blog- Day 2 Morning session (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=1575174)

I was at both practices today and my opinion was that JP, and Nall were the better two by far in the morning. At night JP and Holcomb were awful and Nall was pretty consitent until getting hurt. It sucks for me to say that because I am a JP supporter, but he was really off in the afternoon practice. I am not going to get too discouraged thought because like you guys said it is only the second practice. on the good side of things our depth at DB and LB looks to be nasty. We have four good CB not counting Youboty. Ko Simpson had a pick and dropped it. Haggan had a pick and dropped it. There were a couple other things I noticed. One being that Ryan Denney started with the 1st unit all day and they seemed to get good pressure pretty consistently. JP is always around the 1st string O-Line during stretches and things of that sort. John McCargo was getting chewed out again by Fewell for some reason. I think McCargo looks good, but it will take time for him to be an impact player at this level.

Overall: I am very encouraged by the way the defense looked today. Our depth is great at LB, and DB and the line seemed to get pressure a lot. With that said the offense looked pretty dreadful all day aside from a few good plays. If a quarterback doesn't step up shortly we could be looking at a return to the two years before last with a great D and no O. I feel like Holcomb has no chance of winning the starting job at this point, and Nall impressed me more than I want to admit.

Nice job, man! :up:

ZacGriffi~82
07-29-2006, 07:13 PM
I don't know why people are down on Nall. He is fairly young and has a satisfactory arm. If he stands out, great!

BuffaloBillsStampede
07-29-2006, 08:43 PM
It isn't that I don;t like him it's just that I really want JP to do well.

YardRat
07-29-2006, 08:52 PM
I don't know why people are down on Nall. He is fairly young and has a satisfactory arm. If he stands out, great!

I'm not down on Nall...if he wins the job, OK - if he doesn't, that's OK also.

I think some people just refuse to admit the possibility that Losman could end up being a career back-up at best, and a wasted #1 pick.

Maybe it's the jersey number. Are Losman-lovers former Flutie Flakes? :D

Michael82
07-29-2006, 08:58 PM
I'm in that boat.

raphael120
07-29-2006, 09:06 PM
all i know is i dont want some dude who won american idol getting to be the starting QB of the bills....

http://www.buffalobeast.com/89/images/holcomb.jpghttp://images.askmen.com/men/celeb_profiles_entertainment/pictures/taylor_hicks/taylor_hicks.jpg

Jan Reimers
07-30-2006, 02:14 PM
I'm not down on Nall...if he wins the job, OK - if he doesn't, that's OK also.

I think some people just refuse to admit the possibility that Losman could end up being a career back-up at best, and a wasted #1 pick.

Maybe it's the jersey number. Are Losman-lovers former Flutie Flakes? :D
Actually, I'd like to have the success again that we had with Flutie as the starter. I think he was something like 21-9, which would look pretty good these days.

The_Philster
07-30-2006, 02:19 PM
Actually, I'd like to have the success again that we had with Flutie as the starter. I think he was something like 21-9, which would look pretty good these days.
Aaron Schobel is no BRUCE Smith, etc...it was a lot more than Flutie winning those games

Jan Reimers
07-30-2006, 02:45 PM
Aaron Schobel is no BRUCE Smith, etc...it was a lot more than Flutie winning those games
I know. I guess I'd just like to return to those days, no matter who was responsible for our success.

TigerJ
07-30-2006, 04:06 PM

That's about how I feel. JP seems to have terrific upside, and I want to see him realize it. Nall has enough tools to be successful so if Losman just can't turn potential into performance, I'll be OK with him. I think Holcomb's best years are behind him. If he is the starter then it bodes poorly for the Bills for the next couple years.

jamze132
07-31-2006, 03:18 AM
As much as I want JP to win and be successful, if he can't and Nall can, then so be it. I will support Nall. I will end up supporting whoever is under center anyways so it's a moot point.