PDA

View Full Version : Nall not only Bill injured on Saturday

Michael82
07-29-2006, 07:18 PM
They are dropping like flies. :shocked:

Jaguars running back Fred Taylor began training camp Saturday the same way he did last year -- nursing an injury.

Taylor strained his right hamstring during a conditioning drill Thursday and was less than full speed when Jacksonville opened camp. It was hardly the start Taylor wanted, especially after spending all of last season recovering from a serious knee injury.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-jaguars-taylor&prov=ap&type=lgns

Carolina Panthers All-Pro receiver Steve Smith was carted off the field Saturday with a hamstring injury on the opening day of training camp.

Midway through the afternoon session, Smith pulled up while running a long route down the left sideline. He immediately clutched his left hamstring, took a couple of steps and fell to the ground.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AgNd9L9umvCqGzuDVmnlAbFDubYF?slug=ap-panthers-smith&prov=ap&type=lgns

Reggie Brown, expected to battle for the Eagles' No. 1 receiver position this year, injured his hamstring in practice Saturday.

Brown limped off the field after running one pass route during training camp at Lehigh University. He spent several minutes stretching and working with a trainer before walking slowly under his own power toward the locker room.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-eagles-brown&prov=ap&type=lgns

Tennessee defensive tackle Rien Long hurt his right Achilles' tendon during a rushing drill with the offensive line and had to be carted off the field Saturday afternoon.

Coach Jeff Fisher said the injury did not look good.

"There's damage to the Achilles'. We're going to do an MRI and see how significant it is, and I'll let you know," Fisher said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-titans-long&prov=ap&type=lgns

LtFinFan66
07-29-2006, 07:21 PM
not stretching enough :idunno:

Michael82
07-29-2006, 07:22 PM
not stretching enough :idunno:
could be. The Bills do a lot of stretching before and after practice. I'm guessing it's just from all the heat. Doesn't that usually lead to more hamstring pulls?

YardRat
07-29-2006, 07:41 PM
could be. The Bills do a lot of stretching before and after practice. I'm guessing it's just from all the heat. Doesn't that usually lead to more hamstring pulls?

I was just going to post that...I've been told before by a friend with a medical background.

Drive 4 Five
07-29-2006, 07:49 PM
I would have liked to have seen Brady's name on that list.

J/K I would never wish for a player to get injured, even one whom I despise.

Drive 4 Five
07-29-2006, 07:52 PM
Then again, I might like to see T.O. get hurt.

P.O.S.

BuffaloBillsStampede
07-29-2006, 08:51 PM
yeah its dehydration that leads to this.

LtFinFan66
07-29-2006, 09:25 PM
I knew heat and dehydration caused cramps.....didn't know it caused pulls:idunno:

DraftBoy
07-29-2006, 09:29 PM
Bills | Youboty tweaks hamstring
Sat, 29 Jul 2006 15:52:16 -0700

The Associated Press reports Buffalo Bills CB Ashton Youboty (hamstring) tweaked his hamstring during the morning practice Saturday, July 29, and missed the team's afternoon practice.

Bills | Nall injures hamstring
Sat, 29 Jul 2006 15:43:27 -0700

The Associated Press reports Buffalo Bills QB Craig Nall (hamstring) injured his left hamstring during practice Saturday, July 29. It is too early to determine the severity of the injury due to potential swelling. Nall said, "It feels OK, just going to play it smart. It's just doing everything we can so I can get back out on the field as soon as possible."

per kffl.com

FlyingDutchman
07-29-2006, 09:40 PM
I pulled my hamstring while playin lacrosse Thursday night:sad: Its painful as hell just to walk

mysticsoto
07-29-2006, 09:54 PM
Man, are these guys stretching enough beforehand or what? The last thing we need is a collapse of our players b'cse of dumb injuries...

I hope we don't get any more bad news...we are just starting! :fit:

DraftBoy
07-29-2006, 10:16 PM
There were lots of pulls and strains today, so I wouldnt sweat it too much.