PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Bush About To Sign Deal

patmoran2006
07-29-2006, 09:33 PM
According to Fox Sports' Jay Glazer, Reggie Bush is about to sign his deal.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5828672

With Bush signing, this leaves Buffalo Bills safety Donte Whitner as the only player among the first 8 picks not signed.

Nice. Real nice

LtFinFan66
07-29-2006, 09:41 PM
Fins 1st rounder is unsigned as well if that makes you feel better:idunno:

patmoran2006
07-29-2006, 09:47 PM
Marv does understand that Just because everybody in the world except for him and Mike Mayock had Whitner projected to be a mid-first rounder, when you draft somebody 8th you have to pay them 8th pick money. Right?

DraftBoy
07-29-2006, 09:48 PM
The Brick is signed? I must of missed that...

LtFinFan66
07-29-2006, 09:50 PM
yep, Brick signed

patmoran2006
07-29-2006, 10:01 PM
It 's official.. ESPN just reported he signed a six-year deal. Apparently he understands the importance of being in camp from the get-go.

Whitner is now the highest draft pick unsigned.

shelby
07-29-2006, 10:07 PM
:calm:

DraftBoy
07-29-2006, 10:15 PM
Damn he needs to be in camp by Monday at the latest

patmoran2006
07-29-2006, 10:30 PM
Ralph better give Donte a call and get a table reserved for tommorow at Denny's to hammer this deal out.

DraftBoy
07-29-2006, 10:36 PM
If he's in by monday, somebody needs to knock him on his ass come first ability to hit for not being in camp on time.

patmoran2006
07-29-2006, 10:46 PM
He could eat Nacho's for the three weeks, sleep 18 hours a day.. Sign a week before the season and still be able to cover Josh Reed.

DraftBoy
07-29-2006, 10:47 PM
He could eat Nacho's for the three weeks, sleep 18 hours a day.. Sign a week before the season and still be able to cover Josh Reed.

Sad but true...

Tinboy
07-30-2006, 03:55 AM
Wait 'til monday...

LifetimeBillsFan
07-30-2006, 05:28 AM
Fins 1st rounder is unsigned as well if that makes you feel better:idunno:

The 8th (Whitner), 9th (Sims), 10th (Leinart) and 14th (Bunkley) picks are all still unsigned as well at this point.

I'll bet the problem is the length of contract. The guys on ESPN were discussing how a lot of players taken in the top of the draft are ticked off that the new CBA allows the top 16 players to be signed for six years while the rest of the first round players can only be signed to fice year deals. If they accept a six year deal, efffectively this puts off free agency for them for another year, making them older and potentially less attractive when they finally are able to test the free agent market and limiting the number of times that they could potentially become free agents during the prime of their careers. They said that there was a lot of haggling going on between the teams and agents over the lengths of contracts and how to compensate the players for taking the longer deal. Complicating matters is the potential solution of making the sixth year of a six year contract voidable--with the issue being whether it would be voidable by either one or the other or both parties--and the question of guaranteed money vs total monies (including incentives) in the contract, where the guaranteed money appears to have become more important than the amount of the total deal in many of the contract negotiations this year.

I know one thing for sure, I certainly would not want to be the guy trying to negotiate one of these deals for either a player or, especially, a NFL team (at least the agent is going to get a percentage of the deal!)!!!

YardRat
07-30-2006, 07:19 AM
Hell...negotiating contracts for NFL players has to be one of the easiest jobs in the world...the basic contract is just a boiler-plate and all the picayune little details are covered by the CBA. The only thing that needs to be hammered out is dollars, how they're going to be disbursed, and length.

I'm sure Whitner will sign soon, although maybe not until Sims gets in first and locks the rate. As I said before in a different thread, I'm not going to start *****ing until it drags on past the first week.