PDA

View Full Version : NFL Network Breaking News! About Cable Carriers

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
07-30-2006, 11:34 AM
Dear Chad:

Your local cable company is becoming Time Warner Cable. On Monday, July 31st at midnight, while you’re dreaming of touchdowns and turnovers, Time Warner Cable may drop NFL Network from your channel lineup.

This means you’ll miss Live Primetime NFL Games, key match-ups, intense rivalries and the run to the playoffs.

Call 1-866-NFL-NETWORK (1-866-635-6389) and demand NFL Network NOW.

Thank you for your help.

NFL Network

To ensure that you continue to receive your e-Mails from the National Football League, please add NFL@nfl.ed10.net to your Address Book or Safe List. Thank you.

If you would like to adjust your profile, click here.
If you wish to unsubscribe, please click here.

© 2006 NFL Properties LLC. Team names/logos are trademarks of the teams indicated. All other NFL-related trademarks are trademarks of the National Football League.

NFL Enterprises - 280 Park Ave - New York, NY 10017

EVERONE THAT HAS ADELPHIA WILL BE GETTING TW AND TW DOESN'T CARY THE NFL NETWORK. I HAVE TW AND I DON'T GET NFL NETWORK!

Carlton Bailey
07-30-2006, 11:38 AM
Everyone already knew this and we're all devastated. I don't know what the hell I'm gonna watch anymore. I might as well throw my damn TV out the window. Thanks, Time Warner! A**holes.

DraftBoy
07-30-2006, 11:39 AM
I edited the title bc it was extremely misleading...

LtFinFan66
07-30-2006, 12:06 PM
DirectTV baby!!

The_Philster
07-30-2006, 12:16 PM
I edited the title bc it was extremely misleading...
it's stil misleading...hardly breaking news

Samphin1
07-30-2006, 12:42 PM
I had heard NFL Netowrk was going to be putting on a mjaor blitz in regards to this. There are rumors they may get tossed off of Comcast as well.

Jan Reimers
07-30-2006, 02:06 PM
Instead of complaining, why not call DirecTV and see how their rates, including the NFL Network, compare to your cable rates?

If there's not a huge differerence, why not switch? You can also then get NFL Sunday Ticket if you're interested.

I've had DirecTV almost from its inception, and I really enjoy it.

The Spaz
07-30-2006, 08:15 PM
I had heard NFL Netowrk was going to be putting on a mjaor blitz in regards to this. There are rumors they may get tossed off of Comcast as well.

Comcast was one of the first cable companies to get NFLN. I doubt the largest cable provider gets rid of it as well.

im4bflo
07-30-2006, 08:22 PM
I called the #, and just got a recording that said my cable co. gets it :idunno:
I expected a person, that I could 'demand' the NFLNetwork to, like the message on the screen said. :idunno:

jamze132
07-31-2006, 03:14 AM
Never had a problem with DirecTV. And when I couldn't get it, I got Comcast and never had a problem with it either. Time Warner however sucks donkey balls. They are the reason I switched to DirecTV.

But now all I get are a few Italian channels and AFN!

im4bflo
07-31-2006, 07:08 PM
If it wasn't for bad luck...
Us out of towners, finally we're going to be able to see preseason games, without running all over town, trying to find a sports bar, that could find the game on satillite. Football 24/7, but Nooooo...
We get bought out by someone who's going to drop it.
FUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.................................................................cccccccccccccccccK!

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
07-31-2006, 07:18 PM
they're working on it!

Time Warner says it will not carry the NFL Network. Football fans are fuming about the new cable subscribers decision not to carry the network. The NFL Network is now seeking a temporary injunction.
http://wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=40066
http://wgrz.com/video/vplayer.aspx?aid=17026&bw=

im4bflo
07-31-2006, 08:08 PM
they're working on it!

Time Warner says it will not carry the NFL Network. Football fans are fuming about the new cable subscribers decision not to carry the network. The NFL Network is now seeking a temporary injunction.
http://wgrz.com/video/vplayer.aspx?aid=17026&bw=
:pray:

THATHURMANATOR
07-31-2006, 08:32 PM
Dear Chad:

Your local cable company is becoming Time Warner Cable. On Monday, July 31st at midnight, while you’re dreaming of touchdowns and turnovers, Time Warner Cable may drop NFL Network from your channel lineup.

This means you’ll miss Live Primetime NFL Games, key match-ups, intense rivalries and the run to the playoffs.

Call 1-866-NFL-NETWORK (1-866-635-6389) and demand NFL Network NOW.

Thank you for your help.

NFL Network

To ensure that you continue to receive your e-Mails from the National Football League, please add NFL@nfl.ed10.net to your Address Book or Safe List. Thank you.

If you would like to adjust your profile, click here.
If you wish to unsubscribe, please click here.

© 2006 NFL Properties LLC. Team names/logos are trademarks of the teams indicated. All other NFL-related trademarks are trademarks of the National Football League.

NFL Enterprises - 280 Park Ave - New York, NY 10017

EVERONE THAT HAS ADELPHIA WILL BE GETTING TW AND TW DOESN'T CARY THE NFL NETWORK. I HAVE TW AND I DON'T GET NFL NETWORK!
I don't really see the problem with this. I don't know why everyone has such a boner for the NFL channel? All they do is show the same things over and over again. ESPN, and ESPN news show just as many highlights. I watch all the games on the NFL ticket. I say good riddance!

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
07-31-2006, 08:50 PM
I don't really see the problem with this. I don't know why everyone has such a boner for the NFL channel? All they do is show the same things over and over again. ESPN, and ESPN news show just as many highlights. I watch all the games on the NFL ticket. I say good riddance!

I don't really care if it goes!, I was :mad: that Adelphia put it on in place of Empire Sports Network, I understand that Empire was going to leave anyways with the Sabres not playing because of the lockout. You know what:question: That's what I really want to see return and I hope TW brings back ESN. At least Empire had BILLS coverage. NFL Network doesn't even cover the BILLS it's like we don't exist in the NFL. Yeah They did a few specials like when we unveiled the throwback jerseys that day at the stadium they did a whole TV show Celebration of Champions. In matter of fact I don't think they never aired it!

THATHURMANATOR
08-01-2006, 08:36 AM
I don't really care if it goes!, I was :mad: that Adelphia put it on in place of Empire Sports Network, I understand that Empire was going to leave anyways with the Sabres not playing because of the lockout. You know what:question: That's what I really want to see return and I hope TW brings back ESN. At least Empire had BILLS coverage. NFL Network doesn't even cover the BILLS it's like we don't exist in the NFL. Yeah They did a few specials like when we unveiled the throwback jerseys that day at the stadium they did a whole TV show Celebration of Champions. In matter of fact I don't think they never aired it!
100% correct!
**** the NFL network! It STINKS!

mysticsoto
08-01-2006, 08:39 AM

The NFLN is a relatively newcomer and within a few years, will add and broaden what they have. ESPN doesn't cater to the NFL and show alot of other junk that I could care less about. Even on Primetime, I always feel like they are rushed. But the NFLN can take their time and show highlights. And now, they will choose to show particular games throughout the year.

I think the NFLN is great and would never get Time Warner just b'cse they don't carry it!!!

THATHURMANATOR
08-01-2006, 08:44 AM
I won't miss it in the least.

EricStratton
08-01-2006, 09:05 AM

I've had NFL Network for a couple years now and have watched about 3 total hours in that time.

The couple pre-season games they show are worth it but the rest of their stuff stinks right now. Maybe if I was a NE, Pittsburg or Dallas fan I'd like it but every other NFL team get's the shaft.

Typ0
08-01-2006, 09:06 AM
except that NFL network is going to be carring the pre-season games...and don't they have plans to carry some regular season games down the road? I understand what you guys are saying about the programming...but you're going to be singing a different tune when you can't watch a game because NFL Network is price gouging.

THATHURMANATOR
08-01-2006, 09:08 AM
All Bill's preseason games will be on network tv...

gr8slayer
08-01-2006, 09:17 AM
All Bill's preseason games will be on network tv...
Not if you dont live in the Buffalo area. Thank god for Direc T.V.

gr8slayer
08-01-2006, 09:18 AM
I've had NFL Network for a couple years now and have watched about 3 total hours in that time.

The couple pre-season games they show are worth it but the rest of their stuff stinks right now. Maybe if I was a NE, Pittsburg or Dallas fan I'd like it but every other NFL team get's the shaft.
You forgot to include the Bengals. Chad Johnson is a god on NFLN for some reason.

L.A. Playa
08-01-2006, 09:57 AM
I found out this morning as part of the settlement between Comcast and Time Warner that they gave the SO Cal market to Time Warner, from what I understand there is a class action lawsuit being started against Time Warner for charging the same rates with less service, without notification of the change.

And that they will drop the case if the NFL Network is added to the lineup

im4bflo
08-01-2006, 08:17 PM
ESPN down right sucks, I don't want to watch people play cards all day!
The little football they show, is always the same teams and the same players.
Last weekend, NFLN had BILLS all day! I taped so much great stuff I've never seen before, I was in heaven. They showed our AFL Championship game, games with OJ and Fergy, all the way up to our Superbowl years, and so much more, it was awesome! Now they're going to show preseason games, something us out-of-towners have a hell of a time finding, and they're growing, they'll be showing all kinds of games in the near future! They had TAKEO on as a guest!
They're so much better than ESPN, it's stupid!
I called TW and demanded NFLN or I'm canceling them. I told them that they're the best thing to ever happen to Direct TV.
GO BILLS!

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-01-2006, 08:26 PM
According to Nielsen, The NFL Network is not among the top 50 most watched stations in Western New York.

Time Warner says the NFL Network wanted to substantially raise fees paid by the cable company in exchange for eight out-of-market games that were available at no cost last year. The company is referring angry subscribers to: www.nflgetreal.com.

or watch the video
http://wgrz.com/video/vplayer.aspx?aid=17044&bw=

L.A. Playa
08-01-2006, 08:40 PM
this is my problem with this whole issue, all of So Cal overnight got changed to Time Warner, they expect me to pay the same amount of money for my service with deleting channels then trying to blame the NFL Network, give me a break I see some major problems ahead for Time Warner

ublinkwescore
08-01-2006, 08:40 PM
Everyone already knew this and we're all devastated. I don't know what the hell I'm gonna watch anymore. I might as well throw my damn TV out the window. Thanks, Time Warner! A**holes.

NFL Network has the capacity to be so much better.

They play too many reruns, and they're not balanced enough providing coverage for all the teams.

im4bflo
08-01-2006, 08:44 PM
Talk to me about Direct TV...
what's the skinny, what channels do you get?
And do you get the local channels?
pro's and con's... etc.
thanx GO BILLS!

L.A. Playa
08-01-2006, 09:02 PM
Direct TV is cheaper in So Cal just where I live my building is blocking the signal for me so I cant get it

im4bflo
08-01-2006, 09:07 PM
Direct TV is cheaper in So Cal just where I live my building is blocking the signal for me so I cant get it
Cheaper in SoCal ! Now there's good news!
What sports channels do they have?
I'm mostly a football and hockey fan.
Sorry dog, you can't get it. GO BILLS!
Where do you watch the games Playa?

L.A. Playa
08-01-2006, 10:10 PM
Cheaper in SoCal ! Now there's good news!
What sports channels do they have?
I'm mostly a football and hockey fan.
Sorry dog, you can't get it. GO BILLS!
Where do you watch the games Playa?

You get everything you would get with Comcast and a few more foxsports regional channels, all your local stations etc, I just catch whatever games are on the local stations I stay out too late on Saturdays to get up and get dressed for a 10 AM kickoff to go somewhere to watch a game

im4bflo
08-01-2006, 10:19 PM
You get everything you would get with Comcast and a few more foxsports regional channels, all your local stations etc, I just catch whatever games are on the local stations I stay out too late on Saturdays to get up and get dressed for a 10 AM kickoff to go somewhere to watch a game
Thanks bro :up: I'm really thinking about changing, the sports channels I have now, without NFLNetwork, suck for the teams I root for.

L.A. Playa
08-01-2006, 10:26 PM
they have some good specials going on now too if you order the sunday ticket especially if you have an HDTV