PDA

View Full Version : Price's definition of respect!

kgun12
02-20-2003, 07:13 AM
Jeff Morrison the Bills beat reporter for WNSA was on this morning and was talking about what respect means to Price. Jeff said that Monday Wedsenday and Thrusday are the big media days in the NFL, and all the reporter go to R. Brown and E. Moulds first, because of their status on the team, Morrison says that you can see in PP body lauguage that this bothers him. He said that PP has said publicly that his respect will come from being a #1 WR somewhere. (remember after the Pro Bowl selection) he said the reason he did get picked is he is not the #1 guy. He had to go where he was that guy. He also said that PP wants to be paid like a #1 WR, and that respect For PP doesn't come from praise in the locker room or the coaches for PP cause he said PP "knows" he has that. PP says it all about the status and money!

I say we have had enough ME ME ME players pass through 1 Bills Drive and we have nothing to show for it. Say GOODBYE to Price and let TD go to work and bring in defensive help the quality on and off the field of a L. Fletcher and lets WIN a SSuper Bowl.

Pride
02-20-2003, 08:25 AM
Believe me Kgun, the Tag was only placed to give leverage to Tom D. They never planned on actually keeping him.

Remember, plain and simple. If we DO NOT tag him, and he goes elsewhere, we get NOTHING. If we DO tag him, and someone "outbids" us, we get their FIRST ROUND Draft Pick.

Very simple logic.

Pride
02-20-2003, 08:26 AM
And I wont even get into the possibilities of a trade to send Price away for a solid D player.

TD knows what he is doing, have faith.

Mr. Miyagi
02-20-2003, 08:34 AM
I do have faith in TD. Price needs to go, but not without us getting something back. I didn't know Price was such a selfish arrogant ME ME ME player. He wasn't until after this season. I guess success inflated his head.

Voltron
02-20-2003, 09:10 AM
Or Tim McGee inflated his head!

THATHURMANATOR
02-20-2003, 09:40 AM
"Remember, plain and simple. If we DO NOT tag him, and he goes elsewhere, we get NOTHING. If we DO tag him, and someone "outbids" us, we get their FIRST ROUND Draft Pick.

Very simple logic."

Since we used the franchise tag no other teams can even negotiate with him. Either we keep him for one year at 5 mil, or we trade him(which doesn't seem too likely to me).

BillsNYC
02-20-2003, 10:31 AM
td has yet to let me down (well...except for eddie robinson)..so i trust this was done to trade him or for some other reason to unload him...

kgun12
02-20-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
I do have faith in TD. Price needs to go, but not without us getting something back. I didn't know Price was such a selfish arrogant ME ME ME player. He wasn't until after this season. I guess success inflated his head.

Here's a quote from the Rochester paper today. This is from his agent McGee. "It's not that he didn't want to play in Buffalo, he just wanted an opportunity to make what he's worth. This is a culmination of several things...The Pro Bowl snub and playing second fiddle."

I know people will say that's his agent talking and not PP, but his agent speaks for him.:gossip:

venis2k1
02-20-2003, 03:22 PM
So he thinks he is worth more than the average of the top 5 wrs in the NFL???? is he crazy?

WG
02-20-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Pride
Believe me Kgun, the Tag was only placed to give leverage to Tom D. They never planned on actually keeping him.

Remember, plain and simple. If we DO NOT tag him, and he goes elsewhere, we get NOTHING. If we DO tag him, and someone "outbids" us, we get their FIRST ROUND Draft Pick.

Very simple logic.

And if no other team decides he's worth $5M and no one makes an offer?

Then we end up eating this contract and can't address our D issues which were numerous.

N.E. needs a WR but I'll assure you they won't make an offer since they know we'd be a worse team w/ Price and not enough talent on D. Miami the same. They're not stupid. They know that we're only gonna be a .500 team until we fix our D. $5M would have gone a LOOONG way towards healing that D!

We had better spend the remaining $7-9 or so on two big D players or we'll be .500 again in our division. If this was done as leverage, then it could backfire on us unless TD had something pre-arranged.

If TD did this for leverage, then it's very, very risky! I disagree with the move if that's why it was made.

WG
02-20-2003, 03:35 PM
And let's get real for a moment, not a team w/ a decent GM is gonna give up 2 first rounders for Price!

Butler if he's going senile already maybe!

kgun12
02-20-2003, 03:53 PM
Wys we agree again I don't care what his #'s are, he is a Lexis we don't need with all the Yugo's we have on D

Michael82
02-20-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

Then we end up eating this contract and can't address our D issues which were numerous.

N.E. needs a WR but I'll assure you they won't make an offer since they know we'd be a worse team w/ Price and not enough talent on D. Miami the same. They're not stupid. They know that we're only gonna be a .500 team until we fix our D. $5M would have gone a LOOONG way towards healing that D!

We had better spend the remaining $7-9 or so on two big D players or we'll be .500 again in our division. If this was done as leverage, then it could backfire on us unless TD had something pre-arranged.

If TD did this for leverage, then it's very, very risky! I disagree with the move if that's why it was made.

This was done to try to get something for Peerless Price and not let him leave for FREE. If TD didn't tag him...the Bills get absolutely NOTHING for him! Now, they can try to trade him...if it doesn't work, they can remove the tag at ANY TIME!!! Once the tag is pulled off, the Bills free up the money for defensive players.. :D

It's Win-Win....for the Buffalo Bills! :up:

venis2k1
02-20-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282

This was done to try to get something for Peerless Price and not let him leave for FREE. If TD didn't tag him...the Bills get absolutely NOTHING for him! Now, they can try to trade him...if it doesn't work, they can remove the tag at ANY TIME!!! Once the tag is pulled off, the Bills free up the money for defensive players.. :D

It's Win-Win....for the Buffalo Bills! :up:

:iluvu:

Michael82
02-20-2003, 09:04 PM
:ontome:

Tatonka
02-20-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR

Since we used the franchise tag no other teams can even negotiate with him. Either we keep him for one year at 5 mil, or we trade him(which doesn't seem too likely to me). [/B]

teams can still negotiate with him.. and sign him to an offer sheet just like the transition tag... if we dont match, we get 2 first rounders.. i am positive on this.

Tatonka
02-20-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

if no other team thinks he is worth trading for or no other team wants him for that much.. then guess what.. we can remove the tag.. there is ZERO harm to us for doing that.. we lose nothing..

there is no risk to this move..

if we see a FA that we want, and we dont have the cap space, remove the tag, and let price go, then sign who we need to sign.. but we still have about 9 million to spend prior to that, so there is no need to worry right now wys.. none..

this was absolutely the right move.

how can you call it risky?