• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Cynical
    Maybe?
    • Oct 2003

I was just thinking....

I already expected the Bills to go about 5-11 or 6-10, but given the fact that JP is not doing well (according to most reports) I'm going to say 4-12 is becoming more likely. We just don't have anyone else on the roster who can help us win.

I realize it's early but I'm getting a baaaad feeling right now.
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

Re: I was just thinking....

6 and 10 baby!

Comment

• clumping platelets

I say 10-6

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
        Closet Bills Fan
        • Nov 2004

from all of the fantasy football, and so called experts........ they have my jets going anywheres from 1-15 to 5-11 and the bills ranging from 3-13 to 6-10............

but then again these were the same experts that said the jets last year were playoff, if not super bowl caliber, and the bills could make a run for the playoffs...............

i hope in both cases they are horribly wrong

j-e-t-s
        jets jets jets (insert suck for those who aren't gangreen fans)

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

JP is not doing well? After 3 whole days of camp?

It's July 30 and people are already consigning the Bills to a 4 to 6 win season?

Perhaps we should give it just a tad more time before we start screaming about that falling sky.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
            Closet Bills Fan
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Jan Reimers

It's July 30 and people are already consigning the Bills to a 4 to 6 win season?

Perhaps we should give it just a tad more time before we start screaming about that falling sky.
            i wouldnt even say that, i'd say after 4 games, that should be a very good tester to see how the season will go....... although in buffalos case half of their divisional schedule is done, so that can be a good and bad thing.......

j-e-t-s
            jets jets jets (insert suck for those who aren't gangreen fans)

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              • May 2003

Originally posted by CuseJetsFan83
              i wouldnt even say that, i'd say after 4 games, that should be a very good tester to see how the season will go....... although in buffalos case half of their divisional schedule is done, so that can be a good and bad thing.......
              Yeah, I don't know exactly the point where we say, "This is going to be a really bad season," but I do know that it is NOT 3 days into camp.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• jmb1099
                • Sep 2004

Yeah, I don't know exactly the point where we say, "This is going to be a really bad season," but I do know that it is NOT 3 days into camp.
                Besides, I thought I read that he did very well at some practices and not so well at others, have I missed something?

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

It's very easy to tell that this season isn't going to be a success in terms of the win-loss column.

This team on paper has far more question marks and ifs this year at this time then last year at this time which we all can agree on. We went 5-11 last year when we all had REALISTIC aspirations for the season, well most people did.

We have no QB that we can hang our hats on right now and go "this is our guy." Our biggest defensive asset is a HUGE question mark on his condition/strength/abilities post a very major injury. We had guys who wanted so bad out of town, one quit a job only 32 people have to be an assistant for the enemy; the other forced our hands into trading him to an equal or lesser team.

If you can't see any of this you're just blind. What our real focus is and should be that by week 10 we know who our starting QB which with Nalls' injury I wouldn't mind Kerry Collins being brought in, at least if Losman falters and we don't get Quinn/Smith/etc...Collins could work as a couple year stopgap. We'll be able to see if Takeo is back to 100% or if he's at 50% or somewhere in between. The offensive line hopefully will gel by this time as well.

We're in year one of rebuilding or the last year of tearing this apart depending on which way you look at it. So to look at this squad and expect anything more than a bottom feeder is just leading yourself to disappointment and thinking this year is a failure.

We could win 2 games all year and if they happen to be the last 2 and this team actually looks good while winning them, I'd be happy. That would mean we have a solid foundation to build upon to get to the next step.

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
                    • Aug 2005

Besides he only had one bad day of camp he was fine the first day. Holcomb hasn't looked good yet.
                    SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• Kerr
                      Hall of Fame Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

This happens every year. As a bills fan, you get used to it.

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                        I already expected the Bills to go about 5-11 or 6-10, but given the fact that JP is not doing well (according to most reports) I'm going to say 4-12 is becoming more likely. We just don't have anyone else on the roster who can help us win.

I realize it's early but I'm getting a baaaad feeling right now.
                        Bye. You just made the ignore list.

Your act is played.
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• jamze132
                          Don’t hate…
                          • Jun 2003

I'll give it another 24 hours and if JP isn't looking like the ghost of Jim Kelly, then he really sucks!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                            Roways rooking ahread!
                            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                            It's very easy to tell that this season isn't going to be a success in terms of the win-loss column.

This team on paper has far more question marks and ifs this year at this time then last year at this time which we all can agree on. We went 5-11 last year when we all had REALISTIC aspirations for the season, well most people did.

We have no QB that we can hang our hats on right now and go "this is our guy." Our biggest defensive asset is a HUGE question mark on his condition/strength/abilities post a very major injury. We had guys who wanted so bad out of town, one quit a job only 32 people have to be an assistant for the enemy; the other forced our hands into trading him to an equal or lesser team.

If you can't see any of this you're just blind. What our real focus is and should be that by week 10 we know who our starting QB which with Nalls' injury I wouldn't mind Kerry Collins being brought in, at least if Losman falters and we don't get Quinn/Smith/etc...Collins could work as a couple year stopgap. We'll be able to see if Takeo is back to 100% or if he's at 50% or somewhere in between. The offensive line hopefully will gel by this time as well.

We're in year one of rebuilding or the last year of tearing this apart depending on which way you look at it. So to look at this squad and expect anything more than a bottom feeder is just leading yourself to disappointment and thinking this year is a failure.

We could win 2 games all year and if they happen to be the last 2 and this team actually looks good while winning them, I'd be happy. That would mean we have a solid foundation to build upon to get to the next step.
                            Moulds was cancer and over the hill skill wise. Couldn't he have kept his mouth shut & got more separation? No he had to complain & distract during a game we WE'RE winning, that's unacceptable. I personally think he falls into a no name category this year.

MM family told him they want to live BACK in FL, so him leaving was no suprise.

As per teams having solid starting QB's, you don't really know who start via injuries & other possible problems. You have probable starter's but we have ~40 days for that. Tom Brady breaks his arm / Dante's surgery doesn't hold him together, then who takes the division?

P.S. NE usually plays .500 or less in the first 8 games, we play them game 1 & 7.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              • May 2003

Originally posted by jmb1099
                              Besides, I thought I read that he did very well at some practices and not so well at others, have I missed something?
                              No, you're exactly right, from what I've seen.

Comment

Working...
                              X