PDA

View Full Version : Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills

Mitchy moo
07-31-2006, 09:00 AM
I am getting sick of hearing that we are dead in the water by the press, screw them. They are basing things on a non-adjusting **ithead coach and GM. Those guys are gone and so are their let's do the double flea-flicker attitude. High percent risky stuff is just that, risky.

So let's use a normal scenario here that will come up this year: Moorman punts the ball and our opponent starts at the 35 yard line. If we swarm to every play and make teams go 3 and out, can Moorman out punt the other teams punter? My point is, our special teams will help us set up field position and a good D will keep them pinned deep. Willis running like a bat out of Heck will keep the clock running and we do have a few good receivers. I think this scenario is going to set up all year long. That leaves us better than the dead the press is predicting. Plan on hearing the suprising Buffalo Bills and Chris Berman saying "nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills".

OpIv37
07-31-2006, 09:14 AM
Do you post everything twice?

Willis will not keep the clock running unless the OL plays better and JP becomes enough of a passing threat that opposing D's can't stack the box.

The DL is still horrible and there will be a lot of youth and inexperience playing in a new system on D- don't expect them to hold too many people to 3 and out's.

Faster does not necessarily equal better. Antonio Brown was faster than anyone we have on our roster now, but I wouldn't even cut George Wilson to bring him back.

OpIv37
07-31-2006, 09:15 AM
Oh, and don't forget in 04 we had great special teams and the 2nd best D in the league- it didn't get us anywhere because the O couldn't move the ball. Even if you're right about the D and the ST, it doesn't guarantee success.

Mitchy moo
07-31-2006, 11:46 AM
Oh, and don't forget in 04 we had great special teams and the 2nd best D in the league- it didn't get us anywhere because the O couldn't move the ball. Even if you're right about the D and the ST, it doesn't guarantee success.

it'll help us that's for sure. We also don't have the same boneheaded coaches here to screw things up either.

OpIv37
07-31-2006, 11:49 AM
it'll help us that's for sure. We also don't have the same boneheaded coaches here to screw things up either.

what makes you so sure Jauron won't be just as boneheaded? He had a losing record in Chicago.

Don't assume that different is better.

patmoran2006
07-31-2006, 11:52 AM
I am getting sick of hearing that we are dead in the water by the press, screw them. They are basing things on a non-adjusting **ithead coach and GM. Those guys are gone and so are their let's do the double flea-flicker attitude. High percent risky stuff is just that, risky.

So let's use a normal scenario here that will come up this year: Moorman punts the ball and our opponent starts at the 35 yard line. If we swarm to every play and make teams go 3 and out, can Moorman out punt the other teams punter? My point is, our special teams will help us set up field position and a good D will keep them pinned deep. Willis running like a bat out of Heck will keep the clock running and we do have a few good receivers. I think this scenario is going to set up all year long. That leaves us better than the dead the press is predicting. Plan on hearing the suprising Buffalo Bills and Chris Berman saying "nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills".

What have YOU seen SKooby, that makes you think teams are going to go three and out on us? I sure as hell didnt see that last year. You think cause we're FASTER that's going to be the case just on speed alone? SPeed dont mean nothing when your small, quick guys are getting knocked on their asses every play...last I checked, Crowell and McCargo never made any tackles while laying on their backs... Just because we employ a speed defense, does that mean offenses are going to try and run outside the tackles and use speed? Umm no, it means teams are going to run from tackle to tackle until we stop it, and I see nothing at this point that shows me we will.

Mitchy moo
07-31-2006, 04:09 PM
What have YOU seen SKooby, that makes you think teams are going to go three and out on us? I sure as hell didnt see that last year. You think cause we're FASTER that's going to be the case just on speed alone? SPeed dont mean nothing when your small, quick guys are getting knocked on their asses every play...last I checked, Crowell and McCargo never made any tackles while laying on their backs... Just because we employ a speed defense, does that mean offenses are going to try and run outside the tackles and use speed? Umm no, it means teams are going to run from tackle to tackle until we stop it, and I see nothing at this point that shows me we will.

I see nothing at this point that shows me we won't either.

jamze132
08-01-2006, 07:57 AM
I just don't understand all of the negativity. Why does someone's post get picked apart for being optimistic?

Mitchy moo
08-01-2006, 08:05 AM
I just don't understand all of the negativity. Why does someone's post get picked apart for being optimistic?

Optimism is at a premium here, some would rather look down than up. They say you go the way you are looking, I prefer up.