PDA

View Full Version : The Movie Quote Guy is BACK!

Fennernen
07-31-2006, 10:19 AM
Hey Hey Everybody!

That's right, I am back! Wow, new set up to the forums and site, nice (well, new to me, I haven't been here for about 2 years now). I just want to put this out there to anyone who is still around. Who still uses these forums that was around back when I was posting movie quotes and chattin' about the sabres?

Oh, and by the way, I'm still donating 50 zonebucks to anyone who spots a quote, I guess this will be the master thread, so if you spot one in one of my posts somewhere, then post your guess in this thread, and boom, 50 zonebucks if you are correct.

It's good to be back... There's only one thing I gotta say about this site... It's like a new pair of underwear; at first it's constrictive, but after a while it becomes a part of you. I have to go.

Myers57
07-31-2006, 10:24 AM
i remember, i dont post too often anymore though

Fennernen
07-31-2006, 10:33 AM
Hey 61,

It's been quite a while... what happened with UltimateSabres.com? I think it was you that was helping to run it. I remember submitting a couple wallpapers for it, and you were talking to me about helping with the graphic design of the new site.

I just realized that I don't have any zonebucks to give for the quotes, uh-oh. I guess all my bucks got taken away because I've been gone for so long. Crud. Anybody feel like donating a bunch so I can give them out?

SabreEleven
07-31-2006, 03:14 PM
Hey, I was actually remembering this game just the other day. It's good to be back. I don't have much to donate. Go hit up, Shelby, She is a sucker.

SkateZilla
07-31-2006, 03:56 PM
the new site is done...

shelby
07-31-2006, 04:50 PM
Hey, I was actually remembering this game just the other day. It's good to be back. I don't have much to donate. Go hit up, Shelby, She is a sucker.
Zonebucks coming your way!

:D

LtFinFan66
07-31-2006, 04:59 PM
Garth, Waynes World

"It's like a new pair of underwear; at first it's constrictive, but after a while it becomes a part of you"

JD
07-31-2006, 08:59 PM
Shelby. Im broke.

Fennernen
07-31-2006, 09:43 PM
Garth, Waynes World

"It's like a new pair of underwear; at first it's constrictive, but after a while it becomes a part of you"

Hey hey! We have our first winner! Excellent... and with my newly acquired zonebucks, I'm free to award you your 50 bucks!!! Thank you shelby, and thank you philster!

I'm glad you didn't fall victim to one of the classic blunders...

The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia...

SABURZFAN
07-31-2006, 09:52 PM
welcome back.

Fennernen
07-31-2006, 09:59 PM
Oh oh oh.... I almost forgot... here are the updated rules for the game!

1. All guesses of quotes must be in the thread designated for guesses (i.e. this one)

2. Quotes can be found in several of my posts and they can occur in any thread, however, there will NOT be a quote in EVERY post and there will NEVER be MORE THAN ONE quote in a post.

3. Sequals have different titles than originals. The correct movie must be identified. Subtitles are not required unless they distinguish one movie from another. (Example. The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers)

4. Correctly identified quotes will be awarded 50 zonebucks.

NEW RULE:

5. A quote that ends with a "..." indicates that the line can be continued. It may be identified as normal, however, after the quote has been identified, if the rest of the line is identified, by the same user or by another, an additional 50 zonebucks will be awarded accordingly.

note: the first user to identify the movie of a "..." quote MAY also post the following line in a single post, that is the advantage of guessing correctly, you are not required to give others a chance to finish the line.

Alright, that's it... Have fun!

LtFinFan66
07-31-2006, 10:05 PM
Hey hey! We have our first winner! Excellent... and with my newly acquired zonebucks, I'm free to award you your 50 bucks!!! Thank you shelby, and thank you philster!

The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia...thank you sir :up:

SabreEleven
07-31-2006, 10:19 PM
LIke you need 50 zb's :rolleyes:

LtFinFan66
07-31-2006, 10:39 PM
I will hold on to them so when the movie quote guy needs more cash, I can donate them back :up:

btw...zip-it :assclown:

JD
08-05-2006, 01:14 PM
Hey LT give me some money.

Gotta buy Skate a life :respect:

:rofl:

pyrrhonist
08-13-2006, 01:36 PM
But of course I remember!

I recognize your avatar and signature.....what name did you go by before, again (Or was it always Fennernen)?

It's a good time to see you return with this game, because I am in serious need of ZBs, to update my old-as-Hell avatar. I loved the playoffs as much as the next guy, but damn, am I behind the times. :D

SABURZFAN
08-13-2006, 04:02 PM
I am in serious need of ZBs, to update my old-as-Hell avatar. I loved the playoffs as much as the next guy, but damn, am I behind the times. :D

500 sent. :up:

Bill Brasky
08-14-2006, 12:29 AM
Go hit up, Shelby, She is a sucker.

lol

BlackMetalNinja
08-14-2006, 08:12 AM

The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia...

Vizzini from The Princess Bride! :up:

Fennernen
08-17-2006, 03:31 AM
Vizzini from The Princess Bride! :up:

Excellent!! We have our second winner!!! 50 ZB's to you my friend... now, can someone complete the quote for another 50??

LtFinFan66
08-17-2006, 03:58 AM
Excellent!! We have our second winner!!! 50 ZB's to you my friend... now, can someone complete the quote for another 50??But, only slightly less well known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line!"

Fennernen
08-17-2006, 03:34 PM
I know you just looked that up and copied and pasted.... you searched the first line in a search engine and then found the rest of the quote... but I'll give it to you anyway... I guess I didn't stipulate "no looking up" in the rules, so 50 to you.

Historian
08-18-2006, 06:29 AM
"It's a cluster-**** sir!"

LtFinFan66
08-18-2006, 06:31 AM
I know you just looked that up and copied and pasted.... you searched the first line in a search engine and then found the rest of the quote... but I'll give it to you anyway... I guess I didn't stipulate "no looking up" in the rules, so 50 to you.well I sure don't memorize movie scripts. And I have never seen Princess Bride :idunno: How else would one come up with it?

SabreEleven
08-18-2006, 09:39 PM
well I sure don't memorize movie scripts. And I have never seen Princess Bride :idunno: How else would one come up with it?

Just like every other Dolphin and Dolphin Fan...Cheat.

LtFinFan66
08-18-2006, 10:15 PM
bite me :assclown:

It's only cheating if it is against the rules. That was not mentioned in the rules! :moon:

SabreEleven
08-18-2006, 10:43 PM
bite me :assclown:

It's only cheating if it is against the rules. That was not mentioned in the rules! :moon:

Relax, butt nugget, just pulling your left nut.

LtFinFan66
08-18-2006, 11:06 PM
Stay off my nut:eek: you non-repping Air Force punk!

SabreEleven
08-18-2006, 11:25 PM
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="70%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tcat>vBulletin Message</TD></TR><TR><TD class=panelsurround align=middle>
<!-- main error message -->
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to LtFinFan66 again.
<!-- / main error message -->

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

pyrrhonist
08-19-2006, 01:48 AM
Hey Fennernen, will I ever get my 50 ZBs for the absolutely correct identification I made in this thread?

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=1595894#post1595894

LtFinFan66
08-19-2006, 10:25 PM
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="70%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tcat>vBulletin Message</TD></TR><TR><TD class=panelsurround align=middle>
<!-- main error message -->
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to LtFinFan66 again.

<!-- / main error message -->

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>you must not be repping anyone or something

SabreEleven
08-19-2006, 11:04 PM
you must not be repping anyone or something

You are the only one worth repping.

Fennernen
08-20-2006, 12:41 PM
Hey Fennernen, will I ever get my 50 ZBs for the absolutely correct identification I made in this thread?

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=1595894#post1595894

Well, you will, as soon as you go back and re-read the rules... Especially Rule 1...

1. All guesses of quotes must be in the thread designated for guesses (i.e. this one)

Good work with the identification though, I like the picture, so much so that I am willing to make an edit to the rules, allowing a picture of a title character to be used instead of typing the Title.

So re-post it here and the ZB's will be fired over...

btw, I'm using the same account, my name was always Fennernen

hammerbillsfan
08-20-2006, 02:15 PM
Hey Fennernen, what's going on in Burlington?

I can see you from the mountain.

Fennernen
08-20-2006, 02:44 PM
Hey there hammer... Things are good down here... I live pretty close to Mapleview Mall, so take a look down to the apartment buildings on Maple St... Maybe you'll see my sabres flag in the window on the 8th floor... lol... actually, my apartment does face towards the mountain! heh heh... anyway... where about's are you?... I grew up in the Flamborough area, close to Guelph....

hammerbillsfan
08-20-2006, 02:47 PM
I live on the east mountain but might be moving to Burlington if I can find a place. :up:

LtFinFan66
08-21-2006, 01:59 AM
You are the only one worth repping.too bad you can't rep yourself eh!!

pyrrhonist
08-21-2006, 11:43 AM
So re-post it here and the ZB's will be fired over...

Here you go, man:

(In response to your post of this in the other thread)

I hope when designing the new jerseys they follow the prime directives...

Serve the public trust.
Protect the innocent.
Uphold the law.

It's sad no one else got your reference! :wave:

http://www.mctoys.ca/catalog/images/18_robocop.jpg

I recognize your avatar and signature.....what name did you go by before, again?

Fennernen
08-21-2006, 08:13 PM
Excellent work!... 50 ZB's to you my friend... Just remember...

You're good, kid, but as long as I'm around you're second best. You might as well learn to live with it.

BlackMetalNinja
08-22-2006, 07:41 AM
A little before my time, but it's from The Cincinnati Kid, Lancey Howard was the character. Good old Steve McQueen movies...