PDA

View Full Version : Whitner: Why Hasn't He Signed Yet?

R. Rich
07-31-2006, 10:24 AM
Why oh why hasn't Whitner signed yet? We need for him to sign right now. Oh please sign a deal, Donte. Hurry up. Don't wait any longer. Don't even read this post: just sign! Hurry! Quickly!

OpIv37
07-31-2006, 10:28 AM
:rolleyes:

Everyone who thinks this team will do well is counting on Whitner contributing to the D.

Well, Whitner has never played in the NFL before. The less time he spends in camp, the more time it will take him to get a handle on the D and the speed of the NFL. If this guy is going to contribute this year (and a ****ing S with the #8 overall pick damn well better contribute immediately), he needs to get his ass in camp to learn the NFL.

I don't know if it's Whitner's fault or the organization's fault, but either way it's hurting the already miniscule chances this team has this year. And that makes it inexcusable.

Jan Reimers
07-31-2006, 10:43 AM
I'm not a pessimist, or a doomsdayer, or an alarmist, but this Whitner thing is REALLY STARTING TO PISS ME OFF.

Memo to both sides: Compromise, for cripe's sake, and get it done. NOW.

Night Train
07-31-2006, 10:47 AM
His agent is Tom Cousineau.

R. Rich
07-31-2006, 10:48 AM

Everyone who thinks this team will do well is counting on Whitner contributing to the D.

Well, Whitner has never played in the NFL before. The less time he spends in camp, the more time it will take him to get a handle on the D and the speed of the NFL. If this guy is going to contribute this year (and a ****ing S with the #8 overall pick damn well better contribute immediately), he needs to get his ass in camp to learn the NFL.

I don't know if it's Whitner's fault or the organization's fault, but either way it's hurting the already miniscule chances this team has this year. And that makes it inexcusable.

Sorry to disappoint you w/ the post, Bryan. I was merely giving commentary on the constant Whitner watching going on.

I'm sure glad you didn't disappoint me w/ your response, though.

gr8slayer
07-31-2006, 10:50 AM

Oh you are just angry because Whitner and company ***** slapped the Irish :D

DraftBoy
07-31-2006, 10:53 AM

Dont remind us...

OpIv37
07-31-2006, 10:57 AM

yeah that did piss me off.

But Whitner's a Bill now, not a Buckeye, so I'll root for him as soon as he gets his greedy ass into camp.

don137
07-31-2006, 11:17 AM
Sounds like the Bills want a 6 year deal and Whitner wants a 5 year deal. How do you compromise the length of the contract?

patmoran2006
07-31-2006, 11:18 AM
I'm not a pessimist, or a doomsdayer, or an alarmist, but this Whitner thing is REALLY STARTING TO PISS ME OFF.

Perfectly said, this is getting ridiculous now.

OpIv37
07-31-2006, 11:19 AM
Sounds like the Bills want a 6 year deal and Whitner wants a 5 year deal. How do you compromise the length of the contract?

One side will have to give up money- either the Bills will increase the signing bonus to get the 6th year or Whitner will accept a lower bonus to get out a year early.

patmoran2006
07-31-2006, 11:36 AM
If it wasnt bad enough getting ridiculed and second guessed around the league for "reaching" for Whitner on draft day- it's 10x worse now that we did take him and he's the ONLY player of the top nine who has still not signed. Every blog or message board i read or radio show I listen too is blasting off on buffalo.

Unbiased- who can blame them. WE take a guy that nobody else but Mike Mayock projected to go top ten, and then we can't sign the guy.

ShadowHawk7
07-31-2006, 12:26 PM
I just wish we could of nabbed Huff instead..

gr8slayer
07-31-2006, 12:32 PM
I just wish we could of nabbed Huff instead..
I wish we would have taken Carpenter.

Crisis
07-31-2006, 12:48 PM
yeah that did piss me off.

But Whitner's a Bill now, not a Buckeye, so I'll root for him as soon as he gets his greedy ass into camp.

If he's a Bill shouldn't you be writing essays on how much he sucks and is (soon to be) overpaid and not worth the time or money??

BillsFever21
07-31-2006, 12:53 PM
The players were signed on time with the previous regime. The only one who was this last was McGahee and it didn't matter with him because he wasn't gonna play during the season anyway.

OpIv37
07-31-2006, 12:54 PM
If he's a Bill shouldn't you be writing essays on how much he sucks and is (soon to be) overpaid and not worth the time or money??

No, I'll wait until he has a bad year and everyone here thinks we should continue to give him $7 million a season because it was the system's fault or the coach's fault or the lack of a pass rush or some other reason that doesn't hold the player accountable.

R. Rich
07-31-2006, 01:02 PM
No, I'll wait until he has a bad year and everyone here thinks we should continue to give him $7 million a season because it was the system's fault or the coach's fault or the lack of a pass rush or some other reason that doesn't hold the player accountable.

"Holding the player accountable" is 100% accurate in any circumstance, folks, so be easy on Bryan.

Look @ how the Tampa Bay Bucs floundered all those years w/ those 2 overpaid losers they had in Vinny Testaverde and that concussion case Steve Young.

Remember how Denver had that one fat, injury prone DT years ago? That bust from Louisville? I can't recall what happened to his fat a**.

SABURZFAN
08-01-2006, 12:49 AM
he's having phone troubles. :idunno:

paladin warrior
08-01-2006, 12:53 AM
:oops: Because Bills took loudy Draft. Bills should had take Matt Leinart. I hope Whitner getting sign soon, and healthy...

jamze132
08-01-2006, 07:18 AM

I am not quite to the point of furious anger yet, but I do agree that they need to comprimise, kiss, make up, and play some ****in football!

jamze132
08-01-2006, 07:22 AM
:oops: Because Bills took loudy Draft. Bills should had take Matt Leinart. I hope Whitner getting sign soon, and healthy...
Wow, look who deside to graced us with presents! wElcoME BaK1