PDA

View Full Version : How are the Homers feeling about this.

patmoran2006
07-31-2006, 11:39 AM
Lets see. Less than a week into camp.

* Our Top draft pick is STILL Unsigned, the only player taken in the top nine who's not in their team's camp (and who's also projected to start)

* Our other top pick has already been hospitalized (though he's now fine)

*Rumors are circulating about TKO now, that he's not playing the preseason at all and his status for opening day is now questionable.

* One of the QB's that Marv hand-picked to bring and in challenge for the starting job hurt his hamstring, and its not a "minor" injury.

Great week in Bills-land.

lordofgun
07-31-2006, 11:40 AM
I'm feeling great!

Ebenezer
07-31-2006, 11:41 AM
I'm having a hard time getting ready for the season...I could see them going 7-9 but I am not excited by the events at camp.

Patrick76777
07-31-2006, 11:50 AM

* Our Top draft pick is STILL Unsigned, the only player taken in the top nine who's not in their team's camp (and who's also projected to start)

*Rumors are circulating about TKO now, that he's not playing the preseason at all and his status for opening day is now questionable.

* One of the QB's that Marv hand-picked to bring and in challenge for the starting job hurt his hamstring, and its not a "minor" injury.

----It happens, he'll be here soon enough.

------Oh god, he's totally fine. He's a big fat guy running around in the 90 degree weather.

-------That's Paul Hamilton and the morons at GR. I listed to the updates over the weekend. Spikes said that he's fine, but he's not going to play in the preseason so as not to risk it. Hamilton, thinking that he's investigating Watergate starts with the questions. "If he's 100% why not play the preseason?" He's trying to start trouble. Listen, when you're coming back from an injury like that, why risk playing against some team's 84th players trying to win a job with the Panthers or Browns in August. No thanks. Target week One TKO and don't let the Douche Bags from GR get you down.

--------this is great news. It give more reps to the guys that are 1 and 2 anyway. Not that it matters because if Holcomb wins the job he'll be lynched by the media and fans.

Earthquake Enyart
07-31-2006, 11:51 AM
Right on Pat.

lordofgun
07-31-2006, 11:51 AM
As always, I agree with Pat.

patmoran2006
07-31-2006, 11:57 AM
----It happens, he'll be here soon enough.
It didnt happen to eight of the other teams who picked in the top nine.. He's a starter supposedly, we got rid of Milloy and Marv valued the safety position that IMPORTANTLY to "reach" for Whitner with the 8th pick.. He already missed OTA's cause of School Exams, so he's even FURTHER behind the 8 ball then most rookies around the league.

------Oh god, he's totally fine. He's a big fat guy running around in the 90 degree weather.
Agreed... But its not a promising sign.

-------That's Paul Hamilton and the morons at GR. I listed to the updates over the weekend. Spikes said that he's fine, but he's not going to play in the preseason so as not to risk it. Hamilton, thinking that he's investigating Watergate starts with the questions. "If he's 100% why not play the preseason?" He's trying to start trouble. Listen, when you're coming back from an injury like that, why risk playing against some team's 84th players trying to win a job with the Panthers or Browns in August. No thanks. Target week One TKO and don't let the Douche Bags from GR get you down.
TKO from his OWN quotes doesnt sound as convincing as he was this spring.

--------this is great news. It give more reps to the guys that are 1 and 2 anyway. Not that it matters because if Holcomb wins the job he'll be lynched by the media and fans.
If its great news, then Marv really blows for giving a guy a $1.3 million signing bonus just to come into camp to be a third string quarterback. Couldnt' we bring back Todd Collins for that at about a third of the price?

Earthquake Enyart
07-31-2006, 11:57 AM
If its great news, then Marv really blows for giving a guy a $1.3 million signing bonus just to come into camp to be a third string quarterback. Couldnt' we bring back Todd Collins for that at about a third of the price?
BOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Patrick76777
07-31-2006, 12:01 PM

1.3 mil on a 110 mil cap. It's like throwing a deck chair off the titanic. It was a gamble that failed. No harm, no foul.

OpIv37
07-31-2006, 12:02 PM

What about conditioning for a full game? What about getting used to contact and full speed, which are hard if not impossible to simulate during practice? TKO would benefit immensely from preseason. If you think he can skip pre-season and be 100% on opening day, you're out of your mind.

Plus, you apparently don't understand how preseason works. Starters usually just play the first few series for practice, and after that the teams swap in the guys they need to evaluate. If Spikes did play pre-season, he'd spend most of his time going up against other teams' starters.

patmoran2006
07-31-2006, 12:03 PM
1.3 mil on a 110 mil cap. It's like throwing a deck chair off the titanic. It was a gamble that failed. No harm, no foul.

I don't care what the cap is, that is a total crock of **** to say $1.3 million or $2.5 million we gave to Price is no harm, no foul if it doesnt work out.

With a higher cap, goes higher salaries during free agency and contract negotiation time..... That extra $1.3 million near the bottom part of your cap is usually the difference between landing Isreal Idonjie .... or Ryan F'n Denney.

So dont tell me $1.3 million means nothing.

FlyingDutchman
07-31-2006, 12:04 PM
drama king

Patrick76777
07-31-2006, 12:07 PM
I don't care what the cap is, that is a total crock of **** to say $1.3 million or $2.5 million we gave to Price is no harm, no foul if it doesnt work out.

With a higher cap, goes higher salaries during free agency and contract negotiation time..... That extra $1.3 million near the bottom part of your cap is usually the difference between landing Isreal Idonjie .... or Ryan F'n Denney.

So dont tell me $1.3 million means nothing.

1.3 is almost minimum.

justasportsfan
07-31-2006, 12:07 PM
TKO would benefit immensely from preseason. .NOT when you are coming off an achilles injury. Spikes is PROVEN. Making him play early isn't gonna help us find out if he's back to old form. It's gonna have an opposite effect if he reinjures it . Remember Pinkston from the eagles?

OpIv37
07-31-2006, 12:08 PM
NOT when you are coming off an achilles injury. Spikes is PROVEN. Making him play early isn't gonna help us find out if he's back to old form. It's gonna have an opposite effect if he reinjures it . Remember Pinkston from the eagles?

it's not about helping us- it's about helping him get used to contact and to playing full speed again. And to learn how to use the new D in an actual game situation.

BillsFever21
07-31-2006, 12:10 PM
It's fine that our top draft pick hasn't signed yet?

Missing all of the offseason workouts and 4 days so far of training camp is fine? When is soon enough in your eyes?

There are 22 practice sessions. He will miss at least 1/4 of training camp. He is further behind then any player on the team by a mile. He wasn't able to attend offseason workouts either.

So a rookie who is being projected to start that hasn't practiced with the team this year(except for the short minicamp after the draft) and will miss at least 25% of camp isn't any problem.

Yeah it's no problem that he is 1 of only 5 draft picks who haven't signed and hasn't practiced with the team.

He will not be starting when opening day arrives now. If he does it will be from default because the rest of the backups sucks. Either way he's gonna be far behind.

Everyday he misses puts him that much further behind. You can't make them practices up.

But hey WTH. It's no big deal.

And TKO wouldn't be playing against the 84th player on the team. He would be playing against the starters. When he hasn't played since Week 3 of last year, if he was healthy and able to play some in preseason it would only benefit him.

If he's 100% like he says he is then why not play? If he's 100% then there shouldn't be anything to worry about when it comes to taking chances.

Carson Palmer and others were injured last year and tore their knees up. They are playing in the preseason. Every player who gets injured the year before should just sit out of preseason.

It would only benefit him if he's healthy to see some action and test his achillies out before the season starts. Maybe he isn't 100%. What's he supposed to say that his leg is still all messed up? Of course he's gonna say he's healthy. Maybe, just maybe he isn't 100% recovered yet though.

I guess message board addicts have more information on his injury then people at training camp everyday who is covering the team though.

Patrick76777
07-31-2006, 12:11 PM
What about conditioning for a full game? What about getting used to contact and full speed, which are hard if not impossible to simulate during practice? TKO would benefit immensely from preseason. If you think he can skip pre-season and be 100% on opening day, you're out of your mind.

Plus, you apparently don't understand how preseason works. Starters usually just play the first few series for practice, and after that the teams swap in the guys they need to evaluate. If Spikes did play pre-season, he'd spend most of his time going up against other teams' starters.

You're so tough to argue with because you only hear what you want to hear.

1. Yes, of course I know how preseason works. The analogy about Spikes getting taken out by the 83 player on the Browns was clearly an eggageration used to make a point. I thought that would be perfectly clear, I’m amazed that I even need to explain this.
2. Maybe you don’t know how preseason works. Most league “superstars, play a handful of downs in the preseason. Are you telling me that a handful of plays in the preseason is really that important to Spikes? I don’t think so. He knows how to play the game.

Earthquake Enyart
07-31-2006, 12:12 PM
Why take any chances with TKO?

You guys want him flying around full bore in TC? You're nuts.

As far as Whitner goes, I'll start to get excited if he is unsigned next week.

justasportsfan
07-31-2006, 12:12 PM
it's not about helping us- it's about helping him get used to contact and to playing full speed again. And to learn how to use the new D in an actual game situation.
that's why you have guys like Haggan or crowell fill in until he's 100%. Risking the loss of Spikes will have the effect when Vick was lost for the season because of a presason game. I'd rather Spikes not play for a few games than lose him for an entire season again especially if the games we are talking about is preseason games.

A healthy Spikes will help the team. Playing him too early for a preseason is a bigger risk than reward.

Patrick76777
07-31-2006, 12:13 PM
And TKO wouldn't be playing against the 84th player on the team. He would be playing against the starters.

Dumbest people on planet earth!

Patrick76777
07-31-2006, 12:14 PM
It's fine that our top draft pick hasn't signed yet?

Missing all of the offseason workouts and 4 days so far of training camp is fine? When is soon enough in your eyes?

There are 22 practice sessions. He will miss at least 1/4 of training camp. He is further behind then any player on the team by a mile. He wasn't able to attend offseason workouts either.

So a rookie who is being projected to start that hasn't practiced with the team this year(except for the short minicamp after the draft) and will miss at least 25% of camp isn't any problem.

Yeah it's no problem that he is 1 of only 5 draft picks who haven't signed and hasn't practiced with the team.

He will not be starting when opening day arrives now. If he does it will be from default because the rest of the backups sucks. Either way he's gonna be far behind.

Everyday he misses puts him that much further behind. You can't make them practices up.

But hey WTH. It's no big deal.

it's not worth me getting upset. We got that guy from the Redskins, Bowen or something. He can handle the job for a few weeks until Whitner is ready to go. The DB is one of our deepest positions. We'll be fine.

LtBillsFan66
07-31-2006, 12:14 PM

I'm going to kill myself.

OpIv37
07-31-2006, 12:16 PM
You're so tough to argue with because you only hear what you want to hear.

1. Yes, of course I know how preseason works. The analogy about Spikes getting taken out by the 83 player on the Browns was clearly an eggageration used to make a point. I thought that would be perfectly clear, I’m amazed that I even need to explain this.
2. Maybe you don’t know how preseason works. Most league “superstars, play a handful of downs in the preseason. Are you telling me that a handful of plays in the preseason is really that important to Spikes? I don’t think so. He knows how to play the game.

it is important when he hasn't had any full-speed contact in almost a year. Players coming off of serious injuries sometimes get gun-shy about contact for a while. It would be tremendously beneficial to TKO and the team to go into the season with that milestone behind them.

It is important when he's trying to learn a new D- a handful of snaps applying the D against each of 4 different teams will definitely speed up the learning curve.

It is important for the team and TKO himself as far as evaluating any lasting physical limitations he might have as a result of the injury. I'd much rather have Spikes discover those limitations against Cleveland in the pre-season than against Tom Brady and the Pats in their house on Week 1.

LtBillsFan66
07-31-2006, 12:17 PM
it is important when he hasn't had any full-speed contact in almost a year. Players coming off of serious injuries sometimes get gun-shy about contact for a while. It would be tremendously beneficial to TKO and the team to go into the season with that milestone behind them.

It is important when he's trying to learn a new D- a handful of snaps applying the D against each of 4 different teams will definitely speed up the learning curve.

It is important for the team and TKO himself as far as evaluating any lasting physical limitations he might have as a result of the injury. I'd much rather have Spikes discover those limitations against Cleveland in the pre-season than against Tom Brady and the Pats in their house on Week 1.
He'll shake off the rust on the first play of the regular season.

OpIv37
07-31-2006, 12:17 PM
it's not worth me getting upset. We got that guy from the Redskins, Bowen or something. He can handle the job for a few weeks until Whitner is ready to go. The DB is one of our deepest positions. We'll be fine.

Bowen is slow and was brought in mostly for ST. The Cover 2 requires the two safeties to divide the field in half- that's a lot of distance for a slow guy to try to cover against NFL receivers. We need Whitner.

Earthquake Enyart
07-31-2006, 12:18 PM
Bowen is slow and was brought in mostly for ST. The Cover 2 requires the two safeties to divide the field in half- that's a lot of distance for a slow guy to try to cover against NFL receivers. We need Whitner.
John Lynch played the cover 2 for years. :cynic:

OpIv37
07-31-2006, 12:18 PM
He'll shake off the rust on the first play of the regular season.

no one can shake off the rust in one play of the regular season. And what if that first play happens to be a 20 yard pass over the middle that the WR follows up witha 50 yard run for a TD?

OpIv37
07-31-2006, 12:19 PM
John Lynch played the cover 2 for years. :cynic:

John Lynch isn't as slow as Bowen.

LtBillsFan66
no one can shake off the rust in one play of the regular season. And what if that first play happens to be a 20 yard pass over the middle that the WR follows up witha 50 yard run for a TD?
:rofl:

justasportsfan

I don't care if he isn't going fullspeed by the start of regular season. If he isn't 100% he does not play. I'd rather he starts getting into full speed at the early part of the season and becomes 100% by mid-season because he took his time over starting him too early because "he needs to go fuul speed". Spikes is not a rookie. He knows how fast he has to go in the NFL.

If he isn't 100% by preseason, he shouldn't be playing against the PAts. It's that simple. You do NOT risk your best player to a season ending injury. Can't dumb that any further for you.

OpIv37
07-31-2006, 12:21 PM
I don't care if he isn't going fullspeed by the start of regular season. If he isn't 100% he does not play. I'd rather he starts getting into full speed at the early part of the season and becomes 100% by mid-season because he took his time.

If he isn't 100% by preseason, he shouldn't be playing against the PAts. It's that simple. You do NOT risk your best player to a season ending injury. Can't dumb that any further for you.

and if he's on the field but isn't 100%, or isn't on the field at all, you can expect the D to look a lot like it did last year, which means expect a lot of losses.

Can't dumb that down any further for you.

justasportsfan
07-31-2006, 12:22 PM
and if he's on the field but isn't 100% you can expect the D to look a lot like it did last year, which means expect a lot of losses.

. I don't give a rats ass if the D looks bad for a few games rather than look bad the entire season because we rushed him too soon for a preseason game. DUH!!!

ibatiger
07-31-2006, 12:23 PM

Well, seeing as how he was doing the best job of the three QBs when he got hurt it is significant. But, the fact is that it's day to day. As far as being minor or not it all depends on when he is back. If he's back next week then it's relatively minor. If he misses two weeks, which is probably max for a ham pull on a QB (Even if it's a bad pull I'd think that by then he could practice with it taped and just limit the scrambling) he'll be OK as far as the competition goes. He'll still be working on the mental part of the game while he's sidelined.

Patrick76777
07-31-2006, 12:24 PM

Well you think that we're going to get smoked those first 2 weeks anyway, so what does it matter. THe way I see it, he's missed 3 days so that puts him 3 days behind. Like EE said, if he misses 2 weeks, we'll have a problem. But 3 days? Give me a break. Plus, this guy has a rep for being a film room rat. So he'll be up to snuff in no time at all.

NON-ISSUE!*

* for at least 3 more days.

OpIv37
07-31-2006, 12:25 PM
I don't give a rats ass if the D looks bad for a few games rather than look bad the entire season because we rushed him too soon for a preseason game. DUH!!!

well, pat started this whole thread talking about things that are looking bad for this team- Spikes not being ready at the beginning of the season is one of them.

I'm not suggesting that the Bills rush him back- I'm saying that if he doesn't play preseason it's one more thing that's going to have negative repercussions in the regular season. Patrick76777 disagrees, and he's wrong.

Patrick76777
07-31-2006, 12:26 PM
Well, seeing as how he was doing the best job of the three QBs when he got hurt it is significant. .

Wow, where did you get that info? I didn't hear that at all? From all I heard, he was running last.

Patrick76777
07-31-2006, 12:27 PM
well, pat started this whole thread talking about things that are looking bad for this team- Spikes not being ready at the beginning of the season is one of them.

I'm not suggesting that the Bills rush him back- I'm saying that if he doesn't play preseason it's one more thing that's going to have negative repercussions in the regular season. Patrick76777 disagrees, and he's wrong.

Nope!

madness
07-31-2006, 12:29 PM
Spikes' rehab is being handled perfectly. Playing him in preseason would be absolutely the dummest move an armchair gm could make.

Spikes was moving quickly through his rehab and making fantastic progress this spring. He thought pushing it more would be better. Fortunately he spoke to another Achilles injury victim, Philadelphia receiver Todd Pinkston. And his advice proved very timely.
"He told me he was out running routes and he told me to be patient because he said he felt good and pushed it hard for three days and it set him back for three or four days," recalled Spikes. "And at that time I needed to hear that because I was in full form and getting ready to go kill it. But instead I set myself on a pace where I go hard two days and take a day off go another two days and take two days off. You have to approach it more mentally than emotionally."

BillsFever21
07-31-2006, 12:30 PM
The 1.3 million is just the signing bonus. Then you throw in the minimum and he's paying about 2 million this year for a 3rd string QB. Yeah, that's no problem. That's a steal.

A couple million here and a couple million there wasted on junk adds up.

A couple million or more(bonus and salary included) on a bunch of junk could've landed you a great player instead.

Look at all the backups and 3rd stringers we brought in this year and are paying 2+ million dollars this season with the bonus and salary included. Some might not even make the team.

Add all of them up and you're looking at 8 million or so. What kind of player(s) could we have for 8 million dollars?

Wasting money on junk adds up. Yeah a million or two doesn't sound like much but when you're looking at 3 or more players all with that amount it sure does.

OpIv37
Well you think that we're going to get smoked those first 2 weeks anyway, so what does it matter. THe way I see it, he's missed 3 days so that puts him 3 days behind. Like EE said, if he misses 2 weeks, we'll have a problem. But 3 days? Give me a break. Plus, this guy has a rep for being a film room rat. So he'll be up to snuff in no time at all.

NON-ISSUE!*

* for at least 3 more days.

Oh, it's an issue. He's going to be behind regardless of what you say. Even if he is a film room rat, it's not like he has a ton of time during camp to be looking at film. They dont' sit around and do nothing at camp. And what I think is going to happen the first two weeks is irrelevant to this discussion. Pretty much the entire football community thought that Whitner was a reach- whether or not he is a reach isn't important- the perception means a lot of people who matter in the football world thinks he's gonna get paid more than he should be worth at this point. And the Bills FO still can't get the job done. That's embarrassing and doesnt' exactly inspire confidence in the group that's running this organization.

Mr. Miyagi

Why, it's time for you anti Bills fans to celebrate! :bf1:

:rolleyes:

justasportsfan
07-31-2006, 12:31 PM

OP, hardly any of the bills players played full speed during the bills 90's under Marv. Since you are one to talk about past histories (facts) to formulate an opinion, you should practice what you preach. You nor I know whether Spikes is 100%.Only he knows. He can go fullspeed at camp and yet not go 100% in prseason and he will be fine. He's a vet. He's not a rookie caught in headlights. You don't need preseason to know you are 100% especially if you are a vet who's been to the probowl.

OpIv37
07-31-2006, 12:31 PM
Nope!

you can think what you want, but expecting a guy who hasn't played full-speed football in almost a year to step on the field and be his same old self immediately is just naive and ridiculous.

Mudflap1
07-31-2006, 12:32 PM
I'm still waiting for some proof from the Buffalo Bills and/or Takeo Spikes saying that he won't be ready for the start of the season...

If there is one guy who can forego the preseason and be ready to go Week 1, it's Spikes.

Different scenario because there wasn't a serious injury problem, but Kelly, Bruce, Thurman, etc. were in shay's lounges for the preaseason, yet they were ready for the first game of the season. If the player is dedicated on his own, he'll be ready. Spikes has been in the NFL for many years now, he knows the speed of the regular season. He'll be ready.

Jon

LtBillsFan66
07-31-2006, 12:32 PM
Wow, where did you get that info? I didn't hear that at all? From all I heard, he was running last.
The one pass he threw in camp was a thing of beauty!!!

justasportsfan
07-31-2006, 12:33 PM

ICE's persona of wanting the bills to lose so he can say I told you so is starting to hold true with Moran. No wonder why they couldn't get along. They think too much alike. "there can only be one".

OpIv37
07-31-2006, 12:34 PM

When does being able to admit the team has problems make someone "anti-Bills"?

justasportsfan
07-31-2006, 12:35 PM
you can think what you want, but expecting a guy who hasn't played full-speed football in almost a year to step on the field and be his same old self immediately is just naive and ridiculous.and it's too naive to think that one couldn't get 100% in camp and yet not risk injury for preseason camp.

BillsFever21
07-31-2006, 12:35 PM
Dumbest people on planet earth!

You're the one who said "playing against the 84th player on the team"

Why use an exaggeration like that? What point does that prove.

If preseason didn't mean anything then why do the starters even play? Playing them few downs in preseason helps get them ready for the season.

If Spikes couldn't last playing a handful of plays in the preseason then he isn't gonna last once the season starts and he's going all out.

Playing a few downs in preseason would be beneficial to Spikes to test out his progress. If he's healthy then there shouldn't be a problem.

I could care less if anybody played in preseason either but when you're not playing because you're afraid of getting hurt then it poses a problem.

gr8slayer
07-31-2006, 12:37 PM
Its Bills football. I always feel great.

OpIv37
07-31-2006, 12:38 PM
Do you people even hear what you're saying anymore?

You think a guy who hasn't played football in almost a year can step in with no preseason and play at the same level.

You think a rookie who has never played in the NFL before can miss significant amounts of camp and still be ready to start on opening day.

Apparently logic no longer applies when it comes to the Buffalo Bills.

LtBillsFan66
07-31-2006, 12:43 PM

You think a guy who hasn't played football in almost a year can step in with no preseason and play at the same level.

You think a rookie who has never played in the NFL before can miss significant amounts of camp and still be ready to start on opening day.

1) Yes. Absolutely.
2) Yes. Especially at Safety. Maybe not QB or WR, but safeties can step in with missing some camp.

Crisis
07-31-2006, 12:45 PM
Injuries happen.

People whining about wasting money on an injured player are idiots.

I guess we should cut Spikes with that thinking.

OpIv37
07-31-2006, 12:45 PM
1) Yes. Absolutely.
2) Yes. Especially at Safety. Maybe not QB or WR, but safeties can step in with missing some camp.

Did you also believe in the Easter Bunny until you were 19?

LtBillsFan66
07-31-2006, 12:47 PM

Did you also believe in the Easter Bunny until you were 19?
You have your opinion, I have mine. Your word isn't law, you know...

BillsFever21
07-31-2006, 12:48 PM
you can think what you want, but expecting a guy who hasn't played full-speed football in almost a year to step on the field and be his same old self immediately is just naive and ridiculous.

You can't argue with dumb idiots who only think one way about the team.

For somebody with a major injury it would benefit them working their way back slowly.

That means playing a series or two every game in the preseason to get a better indication of the status of your recovery.

It's common sense to work your way back slowly when coming back from an injury. Do a little bit at a time and test your rehab out and build your strength back up.

When a pitcher in baseball gets injured they pitch a couple simulated games to see where they stand in their recovery.

They don't just skip some rehab work before their next start because they are afraid of being injured. If they can't make it through the light rehab work then they definitely aren't gonna make it through the real game when everybody is going balls out.

They do the light rehab work to test their body and see if they are ready to play at the same level again. If the rehab proves they're not ready then they rehab some more before coming back. They slowly get worked back to the level they should be.

It would be worse off for Spikes not to test out his leg in a few plays here and there in the preseason. If he is still injured he's gonna get injured when the regular season starts anyway.

Going in on a few plays could determine if he's ready or not. When he's not sure come Week 1 and he steps onto the field giving it everything he's got and finds out he's not fully recovered it would do worse for the injury.

In them few plays in the preseason he could find out right then how his leg is holding up. If he feels some pain then you get him off the field and rehab some more and you will know where you stand.

Not knowing how well you're recovered come week 1 could get you injured worse if there's a problem. If he can't make it through a few plays in preseason he definitely isn't gonna make it through a game or two in the regular season. It's better to find out now where he stands.

If he's afraid of getting hurt in the preseason then that shows he doesn't feel his leg if 100%. If he felt he was 100% then there wouldn't be any fear in playing.

Patrick76777
07-31-2006, 12:48 PM
You're the one who said "playing against the 84th player on the team"

Why use an exaggeration like that? What point does that prove.

If preseason didn't mean anything then why do the starters even play? Playing them few downs in preseason helps get them ready for the season.

If Spikes couldn't last playing a handful of plays in the preseason then he isn't gonna last once the season starts and he's going all out.

Playing a few downs in preseason would be beneficial to Spikes to test out his progress. If he's healthy then there shouldn't be a problem.

I could care less if anybody played in preseason either but when you're not playing because you're afraid of getting hurt then it poses a problem.

That exaggeration point has got you really worked up. It's ok that you missed it. Or that you don't understand exaggeration. That doesn't make you a dim person. I won't judge you.

"I could care less if anybody played in preseason either but when you're not playing because you're afraid of getting hurt then it poses a problem."

What's the diff? Is there any diff between that and a guys whose's out 3-5 weeks, sitting out that 5th week becasue he's not 100%? He's just taking an extra week to recover.

We can argue the semantics all day long, but that's exactly what it is, semantics. Is he 100%?, Is he not playing because he’s not 100%, Is he not playing because he’s scared? Is he not playing because the risk is not worth the reward? If there’s Risk, does that mean he’s not 100%, What % is he at?

I hate when any of our Superstars play in the preseason. Let alone one off an injury. It’s not going to hurt to wait until week 1. If he did play in the preseason, it would be something like 2 series in the 3rd game and a single series in the last game. That’s not going to make enough of a diff to take the chance.

Patrick76777
07-31-2006, 12:49 PM

3 days?

DraftBoy
07-31-2006, 12:50 PM

Go back and read the day 2 reports from Mikey, BuffaloBillsStampede and some others. All say Nall looked really good and the best that day. Id say at the moment of the injury it was dead heat b/w Nall and JP. I dont think/PRAY KH has a shot at the job.

Patrick76777
07-31-2006, 12:51 PM
You can't argue with dumb idiots who only think one way about the team.

For somebody with a major injury it would benefit them working their way back slowly.

That means playing a series or two every game in the preseason to get a better indication of the status of your recovery.

It's common sense to work your way back slowly when coming back from an injury. Do a little bit at a time and test your rehab out and build your strength back up.

When a pitcher in baseball gets injured they pitch a couple simulated games to see where they stand in their recovery.

They don't just skip some rehab work before their next start because they are afraid of being injured. If they can't make it through the light rehab work then they definitely aren't gonna make it through the real game when everybody is going balls out.

They do the light rehab work to test their body and see if they are ready to play at the same level again. If the rehab proves they're not ready then they rehab some more before coming back. They slowly get worked back to the level they should be.

It would be worse off for Spikes not to test out his leg in a few plays here and there in the preseason. If he is still injured he's gonna get injured when the regular season starts anyway.

Going in on a few plays could determine if he's ready or not. When he's not sure come Week 1 and he steps onto the field giving it everything he's got and finds out he's not fully recovered it would do worse for the injury.

In them few plays in the preseason he could find out right then how his leg is holding up. If he feels some pain then you get him off the field and rehab some more and you will know where you stand.

Not knowing how well you're recovered come week 1 could get you injured worse if there's a problem. If he can't make it through a few plays in preseason he definitely isn't gonna make it through a game or two in the regular season. It's better to find out now where he stands.

If he's afraid of getting hurt in the preseason then that shows he doesn't feel his leg if 100%. If he felt he was 100% then there wouldn't be any fear in playing.

too long, I'm not reading it.

DraftBoy
3 days?

Pat you accused Op of only hearing what he wanted and now your doing the same, you happen to forget that Whitner also missed ALL of the minicamps bc of academic reasons, so he's yet to even practice with the team. He's alot further behind than just 3 days, thats why alot are irritated by him not signing yet.

Mr. Miyagi
When does being able to admit the team has problems make someone "anti-Bills"?
The whole intent of this thread is a big fat "I TOLD YOU SO."

Who are you kidding?

DraftBoy
07-31-2006, 12:52 PM
The whole intent of this thread is a big fat "I TOLD YOU SO."

Who are you kidding?

Thats kind of the intent of the whole board no matter which side you are on. Wehther your dubbed a realist or homer, which side gets the advantage is just gonna hammer the other side about it. Both sides are wrong and its idiotic, same thing as RJ and Flutie all over. Just have the team win, and have your opinion.

Patrick76777
07-31-2006, 12:52 PM
Go back and read the day 2 reports from Mikey, BuffaloBillsStampede and some others. All say Nall looked really good and the best that day. Id say at the moment of the injury it was dead heat b/w Nall and JP. I dont think/PRAY KH has a shot at the job.
I’m laughing so hard right now that my side hurts!

Mikey said it. Oh my god, It’s too funny!

DraftBoy
07-31-2006, 12:53 PM
too long, I'm not reading it.

:rofl: I cant blame you

DraftBoy
I’m laughing so hard right now that my side hurts!

Mikey said it. Oh my god, It’s too funny!

Again selective reading at its best

Patrick76777
Pat you accused Op of only hearing what he wanted and now your doing the same, you happen to forget that Whitner also missed ALL of the minicamps bc of academic reasons, so he's yet to even practice with the team. He's alot further behind than just 3 days, thats why alot are irritated by him not signing yet.

It's football, Not rocket Science. They could train a monkey to play safty in 2 days.

DraftBoy
07-31-2006, 12:54 PM
It's football, Not rocket Science. They could train a monkey to play safty in 2 days.

Of course you can, can we have ICE coach him too?

Patrick76777
07-31-2006, 12:57 PM
Where’s EE, He’ll love this!

justasportsfan
07-31-2006, 01:01 PM

Apparently logic no longer applies when it comes to the Buffalo Bills.You're the one who needs to learn your football.

Since when was preseason a gauge for going 100%. News flash: IT NEVER was.

Teams play vanilla schemes during preseason and almost never go 100%. How the hell does one know if he can go 100% by playing a few series or a qtr? That's just stupid. When regular season starts, teams play 10X of the bat unlike preseason.

You won't know where you are at til' regular games when you are playing an entire game against a team going ALL OUT. Not preseason.

Let's say Spikes is 100% healed now. He can go 100% by chasing guys like Losman or Willis at camp. It doesn't have to be preseason against vanilla offenses.

PromoTheRobot
07-31-2006, 01:02 PM

You forgot...

* It rained on the first practice.

* Tomorrows practice has been called because it's too hot.

* They ran out of Sweet-n-low in the St.John Fisher cafeteria, and players had to use Equal.

* The don't have Cartoon Network on the cable in the players dorms.

You're right Pat. This season is doomed to failure already. :yawn:

PTR

Earthquake Enyart
07-31-2006, 01:03 PM
Where’s EE, He’ll love this!

Mikey said so.

NALL BALL BABY!!!!

ibatiger
07-31-2006, 01:44 PM

Go to Buffalobills.com and read the blogs on the practices that are linked from the front page. The guy who does them (long and detailed) is a self professed Losman homer and he gave both of the first two days to Nall. Read the reports on this site here on the home page for each day. The guy didn't call day one although he just listed a lot of stuff on the QBs both good and bad. He said Nall was probably the best on day two. When Nall went down with the ham he was 11 or 12 in the afternoon. He's the only one who hasn't thrown a pick. The others have two through the first two days. I could go on, but you get the idea.

Earthquake Enyart
07-31-2006, 01:45 PM

Mikey said so.

NALL BALL BABY!!!!
Nall's passes went high and far. :snicker:

LtBillsFan66
07-31-2006, 01:53 PM
The pen is mightier that the sword.

Mikey's motto.

Earthquake Enyart
07-31-2006, 01:57 PM
The pen is mightier that the sword.

Mikey's motto.
Mikey's real motto:

The pen is mightier than the sword, but weaker than the fork. :fat:

Patrick76777
07-31-2006, 01:59 PM
Mikey's real motto:

ROTFLMAO

Mitchy moo
07-31-2006, 02:17 PM

OP, I agree w/ you about TKO. He will not be able to play at his 100% for probably the first month of gmaes. I would say 80% is a more close figure but it's 80% of TKO which is equal to 100% or more of most players so that will be just fine. One other factor is no one is 100% ready game one, so if there is ever a time for him to get up to speed it's better early in the season instead of late.

Whitner has played his position very well and can miss some camp time. It isn't like they are going to be going full speed right now anyways. He is supposed to be in great shape and one might assume he can ball, he'll be fine.

LtBillsFan66
07-31-2006, 02:25 PM
Mikey's real motto:

jamze132
08-01-2006, 08:06 AM
I'm feeling great!
Me too. I won't let a pessimist get me down!

HHURRICANE
08-01-2006, 08:28 AM
Can we go a couple of weeks before we surrender the season. Camp just started on Friday!! You didn't expect any body to get hurt?

McCargo is fine and showed some talent on Monday!!

Whitner will be here by the end of the week at the latest.

Nall, in everyone's mind, was never going to be the starter and I beieve will get back into the fold as our #2 or #3 backup.

Can we chill out with the panic posts?!!

North_Coast
08-01-2006, 10:05 AM

There a lot of #1 picks still unsigned, including Leinart and Miami's Jason Allen. Who knows, maybe Whitner might not have started from the beginning of the season anyways. :nod:

Ummm... McCargo suffered cramps from dehydration, and he practiced the next day. What's the big deal? Better safe than sorry.

Since I was always concerned about how soon and how well Takeo would be able to come back, this doesn't change anything.

Losman is the future, not Nall. He's "Plan B" if "Plan A" fails. :nod:

Great week in Bills-land. Damn right :up:

patmoran2006
08-01-2006, 10:09 AM
ya and he'll end up covering wr's about as good as Coy Wire..

Sugarcoat it ANYWAY you want, we look really STUPID for drating Whitner right now.

this guy was given a GIFT by being picked top 8 and he's acting like he deserved to be a top five pick.

Now I do wish we would've taken Ngata or Hali, someone who would've given us immediate help.

DraftBoy
08-01-2006, 11:28 AM
Nall, in everyone's mind, was never going to be the starter and I beieve will get back into the fold as our #2 or #3 backup.

With Nall being the best looking QB prior to his injury and the fact that he was brought in by Levy and Co. to compete for the starters job, Id say he had/has a damn good shot at it, and I for one am cheering for him.

DraftBoy
08-01-2006, 11:30 AM
Now I do wish we would've taken Ngata or Hali, someone who would've given us immediate help.

Ngata would of made no impact this year, Ray Lewis will start complaining again about lack of help by week 6. Hali maybe but he needs technique work and to build muscle. I wish Huff would of fallen to us.