• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Don't Expect Miracles from Bills

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060730/2044795.asp

Cant’ say I’m surprised this article from Jerry Sullivan wasn’t posted on the board yesterday-because it’s not written in homer-person. But like it or not, this is a very accurate and realistic column about the Bills.

These quotes particulary stand out at me.

“Sure, teams come out of nowhere to make the NFL playoffs every year. But those teams generally have a solid foundation in place, especially on the offensive line. The Bills' O-line has been in transition since Kent Hull retired. It's a little scary to know that Mike Gandy is suddenly being viewed as some rock of consistency.”

“It's six years and counting. Bills fans have been sold a lot of false hope during that time. Fans would be wise to keep their expectations low. There's less chance of feeling let down that way. Let it be a pleasant surprise if they're actually good”

“That's a nice, modest goal. Get better every day and build from there. Spikes is right. They aren't rebuilding. The Bills didn't build anything of consequence the last six years. So when you get right down to it, they might as well be starting from scratch.”

On the other hand, Sullivan published a column today stating that JP MUST START AT QB.. I’m sure that’ll be posted here and have four pages of discussion. Sullivan SUCKS on Sunday, but he’s brilliant on Monday.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • FlyingDutchman
    • Apr 2005

Re: Don't Expect Miracles from Bills

I swear you and OP just love being a joykill. Jesus, we'll probably suck. We get it. Let us have our first two months while we're still in the playoffs. Let us have some freakin fun hoping for a good season. After we are eliminated from the playoffs, you can dance in the street yelling I told you so. Can you guys seriously try going a day without being a downer?

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

That's not the point..

This a message board to post articles and all kinds of stuff.. but yet only the POSITIVE articles make it to the board for discussion?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by WillisMcNasty21
        I swear you and OP just love being a joykill. Jesus, we'll probably suck. We get it. Let us have our first two months while we're still in the playoffs. Let us have some freakin fun hoping for a good season. After we are eliminated from the playoffs, you can dance in the street yelling I told you so. Can you guys seriously try going a day without being a downer?
        so, you want us to let you get your hopes up only so you can be disappointed later on? that sounds masochistic to me.

I don't know why so many of you seem to only enjoy football if you have false hopes.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mudflap1
          Next Question!
          • Nov 2004

I have an idea, let's see how many times today Pat posts superlatives in capital letters to make sure we get his point...

I have consistently predicted somewhere between 4-12 and 6-10 for this season, maybe 7-9 if we get some breaks. That being said, I don't think the sky is falling. I have not seen anything reported since Friday that makes me want to jump off a bridge. Whitner will be in camp. Losman hasn't been spectacular in camp. Did we really think he would be? The guy is still unproven and learning the ropes. There are some minor injuries. Spikes will be starting Week 1.

Here's an idea, let's wait to see how the team plays in some preseason games before we get too excited about how bad the team is going to be.

Jon

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
            • Apr 2005

I hear ya, but jesus why do you even waste your time with the bills? Everytime you talk about them, its just stuff that pisses you off. Like the Bills are your ex-wife who have forever screwed you. Your welcome to your opinion, and I think we will be far from dominant as well, I just dont know how you dwell on so much negative stuff day after day and have fun doing it.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
              so, you want us to let you get your hopes up only so you can be disappointed later on? that sounds masochistic to me.

I don't know why so many of you seem to only enjoy football if you have false hopes.
              First of all, Ive said this before: "Im a freakin bills fan, if i was worried about getting dissapointed every year, i would have left this team a long time ago." Second of all, why are you guys so worried about us being dissapointed? We have a realistic idea of whats going to happen. We just dont dwell on it and we hope for the best if all goes right.

Of course we're gonna get our hopes up some. Jesus let us have some fun and believe until we're eliminated. Otherwise whats the point in even waiting and anticipating the season? Should I just not watch the Bills until the year 2009 when we might be contenders? Youre probably the type fan who left the Bills vs. Oilers game before the comeback. We understand the reality of this team, but if it wasnt for hope then my Sundays would suck. Let us have our freakin fun. I promise I wont get too excited after a Bills win bc I should know we're only gonna get 5 max this year. Give me a break.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

First of all, Ive said this before: "Im a freakin bills fan, if i was worried about getting dissapointed every year, i would have left this team a long time ago." Second of all, why are you guys so worried about us being dissapointed? We have a realistic idea of whats going to happen. We just dont dwell on it and we hope for the best if all goes right.

Of course we're gonna get our hopes up some. Jesus let us have some fun and believe until we're eliminated. Otherwise whats the point in even waiting and anticipating the season? Should I just not watch the Bills until the year 2009 when we might be contenders? Youre probably the type fan who left the Bills vs. Oilers game before the comeback. We understand the reality of this team, but if it wasnt for hope then my Sundays would suck. Let us have our freakin fun. I promise I wont get too excited after a Bills win bc I should know we're only gonna get 5 max this year. Give me a break.
                For the record, I lived in Rochester during the comeback and couldn't get it on TV. I wanted to go to the game, but my dad hurt his back and being that I was only 13, it was a little difficult to get there on my own.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  For the record, I lived in Rochester during the comeback and couldn't get it on TV. I wanted to go to the game, but my dad hurt his back and being that I was only 13, it was a little difficult to get there on my own.
                  Me too. I had to listen to the game on the radio. Ya know in a way, listening to it on the radio almost made it more exciting. Anyways, my point is youve given up. I said your like a fan who left early. Except, you left before the kickoff. Hope you have a good fantasy team so you have something to root and get excited for.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                    Peterman Sucks!
                    • Mar 2006

Me too. I had to listen to the game on the radio. Ya know in a way, listening to it on the radio almost made it more exciting. Anyways, my point is youve given up. I said your like a fan who left early. Except, you left before the kickoff. Hope you have a good fantasy team so you have something to root and get excited for.

I got to sit in my home in Cleveland, OH and watch that whole game on TV. I heard it wasn't sold out so it was blacked out here, the media in cleveland had a field day with that one as I'm sure other markets did....Playoff game not sold out and blacked out locally. Unheard of.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

you're making assumptions. I have never once left a game early, turned off a game early, etc.

Well, I take that back- I left one game early- the Bills were winning 26-0.

I'm a fan of this team. I'm still going to watch every minute of every game. But, that doesn't change the fact that this team sucks. I fully expect them to look like **** and I'm kinda surprised more people don't agree with me. I just don't see the advantage to getting my hopes up and kidding myself into thinking they could make something of this season.

Any losing season is disappointing, but an expected losing season isn't as bad than when they're supposed to do well (2003 comes immediately to mind).
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

He'd rather be disappointed now instead of getting excited about a new begining. He wants us to be disappointed with him. The staement "MISERY loves company" couldn't be any more true for OP. Might as well be miserable now instead of having fun for a while is his motto.

I would rather have 1 month of fun and get disappointed later than being miserable all year round. At least I can say I had one month instead of none.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                          He'd rather be disappointed now instead of getting excited about a new begining.
                          If you want to get excited for losing, be my guest. Seems illogical for a fan of the team to get excited about that though.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                            • Apr 2005

Nobody here thinks we are destined for great things this year. But for some reason, most of us are able to get over the fact that we'll probably suck and not talk and dwell on it in every post. Instead, us "Homers" talk about areas we may have improved in or have potential to improve in the near future. We talk about areas we need to improve as well, we just dont dwell on it for 5 months. The bills are who they are, personally id rather talk about positives coming out of our "horrid" team than constantly be riminded we suck.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Nobody here thinks we are destined for great things this year. But for some reason, most of us are able to get over the fact that we'll probably suck and not talk and dwell on it in every post. Instead, us "Homers" talk about areas we may have improved in or have potential to improve in the near future. We talk about areas we need to improve as well, we just dont dwell on it for 5 months. The bills are who they are, personally id rather talk about positives coming out of our "horrid" team than constantly be riminded we suck.
                              I'd rather constantly be reminded that we suck. There's too much emotion involved in football and it's too easy to get sucked into the hype and get excited for the season. That only leads to more disappointment later on.

Constant reminders of the state of the team help me temper the excitement and decrease (but unfortunately never eliminate) the disappointment later on.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X