PDA

View Full Version : Spikes not back until week 3?

Ickybaluky
07-31-2006, 02:20 PM
This is the first I heard he may not return in time for the start of the season.

From Today's USA Today (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/bills/2006-07-31-spikes-comeback_x.htm):

<b>Spikes won't be in full pads at the Bills training camp and he isn't likely to play in any preseason games. He may not even be ready for the first two regular-season games at New England and Miami. His goal is to make his comeback debut in the home opener Sept. 24 against the New York Jets, when it will be almost a year to the day when he suffered his first and only serious injury playing football.

"I've still got time on my side and I'm going to take advantage of that," Spikes said. "Knowing Coach (Dick) Jauron, he's going to have a schedule set for me. They know what I can do. Once a dog bites, you can't ever take that away. Just get me back on the field and I'll be good."</b>

Patrick76777
07-31-2006, 02:23 PM
This is the first I heard he may not return in time for the start of the season.

From Today's USA Today (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/bills/2006-07-31-spikes-comeback_x.htm):

<b>Spikes won't be in full pads at the Bills training camp and he isn't likely to play in any preseason games. He may not even be ready for the first two regular-season games at New England and Miami. His goal is to make his comeback debut in the home opener Sept. 24 against the New York Jets, when it will be almost a year to the day when he suffered his first and only serious injury playing football.

"I've still got time on my side and I'm going to take advantage of that," Spikes said. "Knowing Coach (Dick) Jauron, he's going to have a schedule set for me. They know what I can do. Once a dog bites, you can't ever take that away. Just get me back on the field and I'll be good."</b>

They've been playing that interview all week on the local radio station. They're giving him crap because he says he's 100% but still doesn't want to play in the preseason. They don't seem to understand that.

Mitchy moo
07-31-2006, 02:23 PM

Spikes won't be in full pads at the Bills training camp and he isn't likely to play in any preseason games. He may not even be ready for the first two regular-season games at New England and Miami. His goal is to make his comeback debut in the home opener Sept. 24 against the New York Jets, when it will be almost a year to the day when he suffered his first and only serious injury playing football.

"I've still got time on my side and I'm going to take advantage of that," Spikes said. "Knowing Coach (Dick) Jauron, he's going to have a schedule set for me. They know what I can do. Once a dog bites, you can't ever take that away. Just get me back on the field and I'll be good."

I think that is yet to be decided, let's see how is feeling and playing this preseason, then you go from there.

Ebenezer
07-31-2006, 02:29 PM
Probably why Crowell is going to start and nothing has really been said about Posey.

Jan Reimers
07-31-2006, 02:31 PM
Everything ELSE I've seen, including interviews with Spikes, indicates he is shooting to be ready by the opener in New England.

But there is nothing like rumor and innuendo to sell newspapers.

justasportsfan
07-31-2006, 02:40 PM
Some positives may come from something negative. If Spikes didn't go down, we wouldn't have seen Crowell in action. Maybe someone like Hagan or Stamer may possibly step up.

Oh crap, I said "possibly" again. Dang.