PDA

View Full Version : No time for the President

!Papacrunk!
07-31-2006, 02:55 PM
DOLPHINS COACH TOO BUSY FOR PRESIDENT? (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5833318?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5)

Miami Dolphins (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/67052) coach Nick Saban said Monday that his obligations at training camp took priority over a chance to meet the president."It was really a tough decision," Saban said. "I feel like my first responsibility is our team. That in no way disrespects the importance of the opportunity I would have loved to have had to spend dinner with the President."

Too funny, I guess President Bush will have to take a rain check. Hopefully within 5 years or whenever, the Phins will visit the White House as a team.

R. Rich
07-31-2006, 02:59 PM
I hear it was "re-arrange your sock drawer" day @ camp that day.

gr8slayer
07-31-2006, 03:03 PM
That is a coach that is 100% dedicated to his team.

!Papacrunk!
07-31-2006, 03:04 PM
I hear it was "re-arrange your sock drawer" day @ camp that day.
lmfao! That was good!

Don't Panic
07-31-2006, 03:18 PM
That is a coach that is 100% dedicated to his team.

You'd have to be from Dallas to say that. I'd take dinner with Skooby over dinner with W... at least it would be more intellectually stimulating!

jamze132
08-01-2006, 08:03 AM
You can't get mad at a coach for turning down dinner with the President. His obligations this time of the year are to his team. I applaud Saban and Jason Taylor. I don't think Saban going out with the President would have helped the Dolphins at all. It might have actually hurt them pretty bad since Mularkey would have probably been left in charge. Before you know it, Culpepper and Harrington would have been on ST chasing down punts and kicking flea flicker field goals.

clumping platelets
08-01-2006, 08:36 AM
But in all reality, GWB and his people should know better.........outside of training camp, there is 10-11 months in order to arrange something like this

Meathead
08-01-2006, 12:28 PM
no self respecting american should ever turn down the chance to eat at joes stone crab

LtFinFan66
08-01-2006, 12:52 PM
DOLPHINS COACH TOO BUSY FOR PRESIDENT? (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5833318?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5)

Too funny, I guess President Bush will have to take a rain check. Hopefully within 5 years or whenever, the Phins will visit the White House as a team.Yeah, I posted this already but put it is the spin zone so they wouldn't have to move it if it becomes political :up:

Carlton Bailey
08-01-2006, 01:46 PM
You can't get mad at a coach for turning down dinner with the President. His obligations this time of the year are to his team. I applaud Saban and Jason Taylor. I don't think Saban going out with the President would have helped the Dolphins at all. It might have actually hurt them pretty bad since Mularkey would have probably been left in charge. Before you know it, Culpepper and Harrington would have been on ST chasing down punts and kicking flea flicker field goals.

LOL.

Saban would have come back to see Ronnie Brown kneeling down and barking like a dog to "trick" the defense. And then the Dolphins would have held a press conference saying "Mularkey will be our offensive coordinator for a long time." Then two days later, he quits.

Don't Panic
08-01-2006, 02:42 PM
But in all reality, GWB and his people should know better.........outside of training camp, there is 10-11 months in order to arrange something like this

W's always on vacation... it confuses him when others actually work.

jamze132
08-02-2006, 09:07 AM
LOL.

Saban would have come back to see Ronnie Brown kneeling down and barking like a dog to "trick" the defense. And then the Dolphins would have held a press conference saying "Mularkey will be our offensive coordinator for a long time." Then two days later, he quits.
LOL