PDA

View Full Version : i can't force myself to read half the threads in this forum.

shelby
07-31-2006, 05:01 PM
Don't y'all ever get tired of the constant *****ing and bickering amongst yourselves?

i was hoping that once training camp began, things would settle down.

Still, every time i try to read a thread, i end up closing it after 4 or 5 posts because it makes me dizzy.

We will never all agree, but we can have discussions without the name-calling, flaming, and other :bs: that has been going on. And you don't have to continue to beat a dead horse. Make your point a time or two and assume that the rest of us get it. We can read, and we aren't brain dead. We don't need to be hit over the head with your opinions.

i love this team. Those of you who use your time to post on this board must love this team too....otherwise, you're expending energy in a useless fashion. We are all fans....some of us see the glass as half empty, and others see it as half full. {Op, of course, sees the glass as empty and shattered.}
It's all good.

This is the most exciting time of year to be a Bills fan. It's a new season and a fresh start. We don't suck yet. The sky hasn't fallen. The team hasn't moved to L.A. Let's enjoy the season, discuss it like grown ups, and have RESPECT for each other and each other's points of view.

Remember, opinions are like noses. Everyone has one, and they all smell.

That being said....play nicely and enjoy yourselves, and try to respect everyone else who posts here while you're at it.

Thank you and go Bills!

:gobills:

Cntrygal
07-31-2006, 09:00 PM
:10:

LtFinFan66
07-31-2006, 09:04 PM
you tell em' shortie!!

YardRat
07-31-2006, 09:05 PM
I've got dibs on post #3....the next person gets to make shelby dizzy :D

YardRat
07-31-2006, 09:06 PM
Damn! Too late! :mad:

Meathead
07-31-2006, 09:08 PM
i defenlly agree with the ignorant slut

YardRat
07-31-2006, 09:11 PM

I think you should start a poll about this, meat.

shelby
07-31-2006, 09:11 PM

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/user_pics/9-1148073816.gif

:banned:

Dr. Lecter
07-31-2006, 09:24 PM
Shelby is not ignorant.

This was a fantastic post Sweetheart!!!!!!

:bf1:

Turf
07-31-2006, 09:59 PM
To quote from the movie Armegeddon:

God it sucks here...

SABURZFAN
08-01-2006, 12:37 AM
Don't y'all ever get tired of the constant *****ing and bickering amongst yourselves?

That being said....play nicely and enjoy yourselves, and try to respect everyone else who posts here while you're at it.

Thank you and go Bills!

to answer the question....NO!!!!!!!

it's not noses either. :nono:

i don't want to play nice. :mad:

PUCKER
08-01-2006, 12:53 AM
YOU TELL THEM!!! :evil:

ddaryl
08-01-2006, 01:35 AM

This is an internet problem. There is hatred pouring out of almost every forum regarding one topic or another. So many of us are full of hate, and intollerance for others that we force others into the same mindset of spewing off thoughts with little fore-thought. Most of us do fall prey to it, and many don't even acknowledge they have the problem.

Example
I am a video game enthusiast like many others, but I spend quite a bit of time talking video game console technology on multiple internet forums. The hatred between Xbox360 fans, Nintendo Wii fans, and Playstation fans is quite unbelieveably unbearable. Brand loyalty is one thing but viscious hateful and personal attacks become common place and require extreme moderation.

Ever try talking politics or religion with someone who is convinced there is only one way to operate ?

so to wrap up my rant, I agree, and I am teaching myself about tollerance and understanding, even though I know I'll get over-heated about some topic in the future, I at least recognize the problem and I am willing to better myself from the experience, and not fall into endless tirades about unimportant stuff when compared to the big scheme of things.

:respect:

jamze132
08-01-2006, 07:16 AM
So how bout' them Mets, huh?

Earthquake Enyart
08-01-2006, 07:20 AM
We don't suck yet.

With a little bit of work, we could make you a :homer: yet.

ParanoidAndroid
08-01-2006, 08:48 AM
so to wrap up my rant, I agree, and I am teaching myself about tollerance and understanding, even though I know I'll get over-heated about some topic in the future, I at least recognize the problem and I am willing to better myself from the experience, and not fall into endless tirades about unimportant stuff when compared to the big scheme of things.

:respect:

I have found that no matter what your faith, the Buddhist practice (meditation and mindful living) can be very helpful in that regard. If you are Christian, you can simply substitute the Holy Spirit into your thoughts instead of the un-nameable, un-knowable. If you are an atheist, then you simply practice with no emphasis on a higher power.
I have been better in regards to the spin zone and saying my peace without getting into a circular argument. One or 2 posts usually do the trick and then I read the rest and take in others thoughts (some of the good and some of the incredibly and strangely bad.)
I'm with you!

Night Train
08-01-2006, 08:52 AM
Well said, Shelby.

Personally, I believe the posters who's daily mantra is " OMG ! " aren't drinking enough.

justasportsfan
08-01-2006, 09:06 AM
I'm done. I just needed my rep to go up. :up:

BillsFever21
08-01-2006, 10:30 AM
I couldn't agree more. This board is going downhill with all the child play going on.

I used to never even read any other board. I find myself checking out stuff on other boards now. I don't post but I read what's going on.

There isn't any insight here anymore. Just a bunch of people acting like children and trying to fit in with certain groups.

It looks like junior high school when kids say and do certain things to try and fit in with certain groups and build a reputation.

L.A. Playa
08-01-2006, 10:34 AM
the hate that is felt amongst Americans and expressed freely on message boards has a simple root, we are a country that is depressed.

Everyday since 9/11 all we have seen and heard about is war, terror, destruction, human sufferring, rising cost of living and a suffering economy.

Being force fed all this on an everyday basis has depressed a large portion of our society, people need a way to vent their frustration and arguing on a message board seems to work for alot of people even if it is only a temproray fix

LtBillsFan66
08-01-2006, 10:35 AM

Still, every time i try to read a thread, i end up closing it after 4 or 5 posts because it makes me dizzy.

We will never all agree, but we can have discussions without the name-calling, flaming, and other :bs: that has been going on. And you don't have to continue to beat a dead horse. Make your point a time or two and assume that the rest of us get it. We can read, and we aren't brain dead. We don't need to be hit over the head with your opinions.

i love this team. Those of you who use your time to post on this board must love this team too....otherwise, you're expending energy in a useless fashion. We are all fans....some of us see the glass as half empty, and others see it as half full. {Op, of course, sees the glass as empty and shattered.}
It's all good.

This is the most exciting time of year to be a Bills fan. It's a new season and a fresh start. We don't suck yet. The sky hasn't fallen. The team hasn't moved to L.A. Let's enjoy the season, discuss it like grown ups, and have RESPECT for each other and each other's points of view.

Thank you and go Bills!

:spam:

LtBillsFan66
08-01-2006, 10:35 AM
This is what guys do. BS and argue about sports. Go find a knitting board or something.