PDA

View Full Version : Belichick silent on Brady's absence

Tinboy
08-01-2006, 02:40 AM
Belichick silent on Brady's absence

Tom Brady missed his third straight practice on Monday, but New England coach Bill Belichick didn't say why his quarterback was absent from Patriots training camp.

"Guys that aren't out here, it's either because of their practice routine or they are day-to-day," he said.

He wouldn't reveal which reason applied to Brady.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-patriots-brady&prov=ap&type=lgns

What's up with Brady?

Same article:
The holdout of Deion Branch, Brady's top wide receiver, reached its fourth day Monday. He wants a new contract in the fifth and final year of his original deal and is subject to a $14,000 fine for each day he misses camp.

Ickybaluky
08-01-2006, 03:57 AM
What's up with Brady?

Nothing.

They did the same thing last year, holding him out for a few practices in a row and getting everyone all in a twitter because they wouldn't say why. He's fine.

YardRat
08-01-2006, 05:18 AM
The article is a little vague...is he not at camp at all, or is he there but not participating in drills yet?

mybills
08-01-2006, 06:54 AM
I heard his fiance' caught him with a guy, and he's busy begging her not to tell the media.

Mitchy moo
08-01-2006, 07:03 AM
I heard his fiance' caught him with a guy, and he's busy begging her not to tell the media.

It was two guys, they had that store on walden and dick.

TacklingDummy
08-01-2006, 07:05 AM
They should cut him now. He's not a team player and he's all about himself.

jamze132
08-01-2006, 07:11 AM
Belichick is trying to take the heat off of himself for being a homewrecker! He thinks that if he gets people to ponder why Brady isn't with his bunch, everyone will forget that Belichick likes women that are married to other guys. Nice try Bill! I'm on to ya! :dance:

Kerr
08-01-2006, 07:28 AM

Must have been....

http://antinsync.freeservers.com/rally.jpg

Mitchy moo
08-01-2006, 07:35 AM
Must have been....

http://antinsync.freeservers.com/rally.jpg

Classic.

Ickybaluky
08-01-2006, 07:52 AM
The article is a little vague...is he not at camp at all, or is he there but not participating in drills yet?

No, he is there. He did a national interview with SI yesterday. He played the first couple days of camp. They just rest guys randomly during camp, giving their rookies reps with the first team. They do that with all their veterans.

The funny part is they did the same thing last year with Brady, and everyone got all worked up wondering if something was wrong with him because Belichick refused to talk about it (he pretty much refuses to talk about anything). Same stuff, new season.

Tinboy
08-01-2006, 09:54 AM
What about Branch? Is he anywhere near signing?

HHURRICANE
08-01-2006, 10:47 AM

He's there and fine. This is a stupid article and a waste of time. He is also very good friends with Branch and hinted that he'll be back soon.

LtBillsFan66
08-01-2006, 10:57 AM
They should cut him now. He's not a team player and he's all about himself.
How is expected to perform on opening day? This 3 day absence will set him back half the season at least.

Ickybaluky
08-01-2006, 12:44 PM
Nobody is talking about Branch, even his agent has kept quiet.

The whole Branch thing is just another negotiation playing its way out. Every year it is someone different. Either they will sign him or not, but I'm not going to get all worked up about what might or might not be.

I'll just wait and see.