PDA

View Full Version : Camp Tonight

doug45
08-01-2006, 07:25 AM
I have not looked at anything Football all off season just to clear my head from all the junk we have seen the last few years. With Marv coming back I have had great hopes! I will be going to camp tonight so I started looking at what I would see and I am a little suprised. I do not see any changes that would amount to much, we still have no QB ( I was a big JP fan at first but that was a bust) and we have nothing to fall back on. We once again have coaches that are new.

I am not looking to start anything but let me know what you think. Do you think they have gone with the idea that whatever they put on the field they will sell tickets anyway? Buffalo has always had the best fans and the team knows that. But we are going on about 7 years that they have not put a team on the field that is worth the fans that pay for them. If I hear the word rebuild one more year I am going to scream. And if we are goiung to rebuild why didn't we pick up a QB to start bring along??

Just wondering

TacklingDummy
08-01-2006, 07:29 AM
. I do not see any changes that would amount to much, we still have no QB ( I was a big JP fan at first but that was a bust) and we have nothing to fall back on.

I am not looking to start anything but let me know what you think.

With words like JPs a bust you don't expect to start anything? Gosh Darn, JPs only had 8 games. How can you consider him a Bust? Were Manning, Favre, Elway, Kelly, Palmer not busts 8 games into their NFL career's?

Attack Homer's, Attack.

On a more serious note. I think the Bills should cancel practice today. With the record heat there is suppose to be, bad things can happen.

Michael82
08-01-2006, 08:20 AM
With words like JPs a bust you don't expect to start anything? Gosh Darn, JPs only had 8 games. How can you consider him a Bust? Were Manning, Favre, Elway, Kelly, Palmer not busts 8 games into their NFL career's?

Attack Homer's, Attack.

On a more serious note. I think the Bills should cancel practice today. With the record heat there is suppose to be, bad things can happen.
Practice isn't until 7pm. The air should be a bit cooler by then. :up:

But tomorrow will be a problem. They have an afternoon practice from 1:00-3:15pm and even I'm considering skipping it. It's supposed to be 98 degrees out. :ill:

jamze132
08-01-2006, 08:23 AM
Get out there and play. It's going to be hot in New England and Miami a few weeks.

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-01-2006, 08:27 AM
So practice isn't cancelled correct?

doug45
08-01-2006, 08:35 AM
Gosh Darn, JPs only had 8 games. How can you consider him a Bust?

That is part of the problem he has only been able to play 8 games, and in watching him he has not improved but has played a little worse each time. He could be a OK back up but we need a starter. And like I said if we are rebuilding we should have gotten a 1st round QB this year and strated him on his way up. I hate to think we go through another season before we do that.

Michael82
08-01-2006, 08:38 AM
That is part of the problem he has only been able to play 8 games, and in watching him he has not improved but has played a little worse each time. He could be a OK back up but we need a starter. And like I said if we are rebuilding we should have gotten a 1st round QB this year and strated him on his way up. I hate to think we go through another season before we do that.
he didn't improve?!?! WTF! Are you nuts? Did you see him against KC? Miami? San Diego even. He did get better thru the year even when he didn't get much of a chance because of Mularkey.

doug45
08-01-2006, 08:40 AM
Practice isn't until 7pm. The air should be a bit cooler by then. :up: :ill:

Hi Mikey how are you doing this season? :bigwave:

Will you be there tonight? :whew:

Michael82
08-01-2006, 08:43 AM
Hi Mikey how are you doing this season? :bigwave:

Will you be there tonight? :whew:
I'm okay, and you? Have you been reading my training camp reports? All 3 are stickied above. :up:

And to think I used to get along with you. Your post on JP makes me want to beat your ass when I see you tonight. Yeah, I'll be there. :sweat:

and I was :jk:

:D

doug45
08-01-2006, 08:46 AM
I'm okay, and you? Have you been reading my training camp reports? All 3 are stickied above. :up:

And to think I used to get along with you. Your post on JP makes me want to beat your ass when I see you tonight. Yeah, I'll be there. :sweat:

and I was :jk:

:D

I guess we all see thing a little different light. I think everyone will agree however we have NO back up for JP if he goes down again?

Hope to see you tonight.

justasportsfan
08-01-2006, 08:56 AM
So practice isn't cancelled correct?Nope. Club Marv will start as scheduled. Drinks are served at 7 pm. Open bar til' 1 am. :up:

Michael82
08-01-2006, 09:12 AM
I guess we all see thing a little different light. I think everyone will agree however we have NO back up for JP if he goes down again?

Hope to see you tonight.
thats true. Holcomb sucks and should be cut! :D

Michael82
08-01-2006, 09:12 AM
Nope. Club Marv will start as scheduled. Drinks are served at 7 pm. Open bar til' 1 am. :up:
This is even easier than Club Marv. :up:

BidsJr
08-01-2006, 09:24 AM
This is even easier than Club Marv. :up:

Club Dick then. At least everyone should have one.

Jan Reimers
08-01-2006, 09:31 AM
So practice isn't cancelled correct?
Definitely not.

I don't think they would ever cancel premium ticket holder night for anything less than a tornado, or a tsunami coming off Lake Ontario.

I know if I had made the trek, only to find out it was canceled, I'd be a very unhappy Homer.

Jan Reimers
08-01-2006, 09:43 AM
I have not looked at anything Football all off season just to clear my head from all the junk we have seen the last few years. With Marv coming back I have had great hopes! I will be going to camp tonight so I started looking at what I would see and I am a little suprised. I do not see any changes that would amount to much, we still have no QB ( I was a big JP fan at first but that was a bust) and we have nothing to fall back on. We once again have coaches that are new.

I am not looking to start anything but let me know what you think. Do you think they have gone with the idea that whatever they put on the field they will sell tickets anyway? Buffalo has always had the best fans and the team knows that. But we are going on about 7 years that they have not put a team on the field that is worth the fans that pay for them. If I hear the word rebuild one more year I am going to scream. And if we are goiung to rebuild why didn't we pick up a QB to start bring along??

Just wondering
I think you are selling Marv and Jauron WAY SHORT in their attempt to extricate the Bills from the mess that Donahoe created over the last 5 years.

The jury is still out on Losman - no young QB can be declared a bust after 8 starts - and we have added a ton of defensive players to build back a D that last year was one of the worst in the league. We have added new, young, motivated players at other positions as well, and gotten rid of some bad attitude, dead weight guys in the process.

Give the new regime a little time and a little patience. It will take more than one offseason to dig out from under 5 years of manure.

TacklingDummy
08-01-2006, 10:00 AM
And like I said if we are rebuilding we should have gotten a 1st round QB this year and strated him on his way up. .

No way. Im glad we didn't draft any QB this year. Marv is putting pieces of the puzzle together with this years draft. If the Bills do indeed stink this year, we can add another piece next year with Brady Quinn. There would of been no shot at Quinn next year if the Bills drafted Cutler or Leinart this year.

TacklingDummy
08-01-2006, 10:02 AM
he didn't improve?!?! WTF! Are you nuts? Did you see him against KC? Miami? San Diego even. He did get better thru the year even when he didn't get much of a chance because of Mularkey.

JP did get better after the first benching. He played a good 1st Qtr. against Miami, had 2 nice passes against KC, the rest of the time he just simple put, sucked.

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-01-2006, 10:06 AM
Is there anything special they do for the premiuim seat holder day at camp?

doug45
08-01-2006, 10:10 AM
Is there anything special they do for the premiuim seat holder day at camp?

Not really, last year they worked out on the main field so people could sit in the stands.

doug45
08-01-2006, 10:18 AM
No way. Im glad we didn't draft any QB this year. Marv is putting pieces of the puzzle together with this years draft. If the Bills do indeed stink this year, we can add another piece next year with Brady Quinn. There would of been no shot at Quinn next year if the Bills drafted Cutler or Leinart this year.

That sounds good but we can not be sure of getting Quinn, when we need him. You don't often get a shot at a top 1st round choice. I hope we don't need to.

TacklingDummy
08-01-2006, 11:56 AM
That sounds good but we can not be sure of getting Quinn, when we need him. You don't often get a shot at a top 1st round choice. I hope we don't need to.

The "realist" on the board think we are gonna stink. Might as well be the stinkiest of stink. It would really suck to lose out on Quinn by winning 1 more game then the team with the worst record.

doug45
08-01-2006, 12:18 PM
The "realist" on the board think we are gonna stink. Might as well be the stinkiest of stink. It would really suck to lose out on Quinn by winning 1 more game then the team with the worst record.

That is for sure.

gr8slayer
08-01-2006, 12:24 PM
Dont be a pussy. We practice in 100+ degree heat on a daily basis here in Texas.

doug45
08-02-2006, 08:36 AM
Well I went to camp last night and I do have to say I felt much better seeing Marv on the sidelines instead of you know who. The team looked much quicker and slimmer this year too. I still am worried about our QB position but I guess it is wait and see on that. It was great to see Mikey and WYS again also.

Michael82
08-02-2006, 09:00 AM
Well I went to camp last night and I do have to say I felt much better seeing Marv on the sidelines instead of you know who. The team looked much quicker and slimmer this year too. I still am worried about our QB position but I guess it is wait and see on that. It was great to see Mikey and WYS again also.
I was nice to see you, too. I just wish they practiced in the stadium, because I couldn't see ****. :mad:

ublinkwescore
08-02-2006, 09:05 AM

I really don't see what you've seen.

I've seen JP look like crap when our Oline has looked like crap.

And I've seen JP look like a probowler when our Oline has protected him - it's that simple.

With the new additions on our Oline, they should have improved at least a little bit in the pass protection department, but what should help JP out even more is the fact that Marv brought in people who are supposedly better at opening holes up for the running game - just the other day we signed the fullback who would clear paths for Jamal Lewis during his 2,000 yard season. Look for Willis to average more than 3.8 per carry this year.

doug45
08-02-2006, 09:14 AM
I was nice to see you, too. I just wish they practiced in the stadium, because I couldn't see ****. :mad:

I don't understand why they didn't practice in the stadium, they had the lights on and there would have been seating for everyone. There were too many people for the space they were using.

Michael82
08-02-2006, 02:23 PM
I don't understand why they didn't practice in the stadium, they had the lights on and there would have been seating for everyone. There were too many people for the space they were using.
they said that the temperature on the feel with the heat index made it feel another 10 degrees hotter. :ill:

tampabay25690
08-03-2006, 09:04 AM
Get out there and play. It's going to be hot in New England and Miami a few weeks.

I agree I know it is hot out there but do you think TAMPA and MIAMI are going lighter on practices becasue its hot. I know there have been some record temps up NORTH but here in Florida the average is 92 degrees threw training camp. If the Bills think they are going to come down to Miami the 2nd week of Septemebr like they did last year the 2nd weeek in TAMPA.......THE HEAT killed them last year ....THEY looked like they never played in the heat before..They better get over the heat now or just stay in Buffalo week 2 when we have to play in MIAMI becasue I guarantee it will be HOT as hell....

Tatonka
08-03-2006, 09:07 AM

wow.. great insight.. you must really know football.