PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins Camp

jamze132
08-01-2006, 08:09 AM
So has anyone heard anything about the Dolphins camp? I was wondering what kinds of trick plays Mularkey was thinking up?

Night Train
08-01-2006, 08:17 AM
So has anyone heard anything about the Dolphins camp? I was wondering what kinds of trick plays Mularkey was thinking up?

He's afraid to talk, fearing Saban might fire him.

jamze132
08-01-2006, 08:24 AM
He's afraid to talk, fearing Saban might fire him.
Well if you were Mike's boss and you heard the term "double fake fleaflicker punt", you would fire him too.

mysticsoto
08-01-2006, 08:33 AM

I did hear a few things:

In Miami, backup quarterback Joey Harrington had a rough first day of practice. He fumbled two snaps, fell down as he pulled away from center on two others and nearly threw an interception in the team portion of practice. Early in practice, Harrington appeared to be concerned about the traction of his cleats on the FieldTurf surface, but he said that wasn't the problem afterward.

There is no guarantee that Daunte Culpepper -- who tore three ligaments in his knee last October -- will be ready for the season opener. Culpepper was cleared to participate in the Dolphins' first practice in training camp yesterday , but there is still uncertainty as to how heavy of a load he'll handle. -- Boston Globe

BATTLE OF THE WEEK: Seth McKinney vs. Bennie Anderson for starting RG — The Dolphins signed the freshly released Anderson (Buffalo) as a free agent just days after McKinney started at right guard during the team's June minicamp. The 345-pound Anderson is considerably bigger and has played under new offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey in Buffalo, but McKinney is no slouch after having started at center the past two seasons for the Dolphins. Anderson took a temporary leave of absence from the team because of a family illness after reporting to camp and wasn't at Saturday's opening practices.

Keith Traylor didn't practice in Monday night's evening session. The team is doing its best to help manage his chronic knee problems.

jamze132
08-01-2006, 09:23 AM
Any word on whether or not Mularkey will be designing plays that cater to Bennie Anderson?

mysticsoto
08-01-2006, 09:27 AM
Any word on whether or not Mularkey will be designing plays that cater to Bennie Anderson?

No word, but I can show what Saban's face will probably look like every time Mularkey calls one of his gadget plays:

http://www.miami.com/images/miami/miamiherald/15169/thumb_230113364944.jpg

"X that play! I'll make the call instead!!!"

jamze132
08-02-2006, 03:49 AM
No word, but I can show what Saban's face will probably look like every time Mularkey calls one of his gadget plays:

http://www.miami.com/images/miami/miamiherald/15169/thumb_230113364944.jpg

"X that play! I'll make the call instead!!!"
I agree. I just can't wait. Rumor has it that Culpepper doesn't dig lining up at TE.

!Papacrunk!
08-02-2006, 07:05 AM
I did hear a few things:

In Miami, backup quarterback Joey Harrington had a rough first day of practice. He fumbled two snaps, fell down as he pulled away from center on two others and nearly threw an interception in the team portion of practice. Early in practice, Harrington appeared to be concerned about the traction of his cleats on the FieldTurf surface, but he said that wasn't the problem afterward.

There is no guarantee that Daunte Culpepper -- who tore three ligaments in his knee last October -- will be ready for the season opener. Culpepper was cleared to participate in the Dolphins' first practice in training camp yesterday , but there is still uncertainty as to how heavy of a load he'll handle. -- Boston Globe

BATTLE OF THE WEEK: Seth McKinney vs. Bennie Anderson for starting RG — The Dolphins signed the freshly released Anderson (Buffalo) as a free agent just days after McKinney started at right guard during the team's June minicamp. The 345-pound Anderson is considerably bigger and has played under new offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey in Buffalo, but McKinney is no slouch after having started at center the past two seasons for the Dolphins. Anderson took a temporary leave of absence from the team because of a family illness after reporting to camp and wasn't at Saturday's opening practices.

Keith Traylor didn't practice in Monday night's evening session. The team is doing its best to help manage his chronic knee problems.

LOL, so did you pick and choose only the negative stuff? What a well rounded picture! When I get off of work I'll post some stuff that is a bit more rounded---some positive, some negative, a bit of everything.

mysticsoto
08-02-2006, 07:59 AM
LOL, so did you pick and choose only the negative stuff? What a well rounded picture! When I get off of work I'll post some stuff that is a bit more rounded---some positive, some negative, a bit of everything.

Well, of course. This is a Bills site after all. :fishfry: