PDA

View Full Version : Brady is P.O.'d, so he sits and pouts

Mitchy moo
08-01-2006, 11:35 AM
First and foremost: His arm is fine. Tom Brady says the three consecutive training-camp practices he skipped on Sunday and Monday were merely a precaution from having thrown on each of the previous eight days, that he and the Patriots are "just being smart ... it's a long year."
Now, if he could just get his head straight.
Brady is too polite to come right out and say it, but he's mad as hell about the contract-related absence of wideout Deion Branch, and he's not directing his anger at his No. 1 receiver. Unlike three summers ago, when Brady became visibly emotional following the abrupt release of safety Lawyer Milloy shortly before the start of the regular season -- among other things, Brady said the purging of his close friend and fellow locker-room leader proved that the NFL was "as cutthroat as cutthroat can be" -- this time the star quarterback is taking the diplomatic route in getting his message across.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/michael_silver/08/01/brady.pats/index.html

Mr. Miyagi
08-01-2006, 12:16 PM
:baby:

Carlton Bailey
08-01-2006, 12:17 PM
Isn't Alex Smith making more than Tom? He has every right to be p.o.'d. He's a 3-time world champ.

Meathead
08-01-2006, 12:26 PM
in the few times the patriots have experienced difficulties in his reign he has demonstrated that hes an immature jerk off

not surprising that a pampered superstar cant handle anything but prosperity, but im looking forward to watching his tantrums when the wheels finally come off for good

Mr. Miyagi
08-01-2006, 12:39 PM
in the few times the patriots have experienced difficulties in his reign he has demonstrated that hes an immature jerk off

not surprising that a pampered superstar cant handle anything but prosperity, but im looking forward to watching his tantrums when the wheels finally come off for good
:bf1:

Carlton Bailey
08-01-2006, 12:54 PM
Guess I'm the only Bills fan who likes Brady. Why should I dislike the guy? Because he's great? Come on.

OpIv37
08-01-2006, 01:06 PM
Guess I'm the only Bills fan who likes Brady. Why should I dislike the guy? Because he's great? Come on.

he's good and he plays for a division rival- that's reason enough to dislike the guy.

But beyond that, he pouts like a whiny little *****. He went public because he didn't get his free Cadillac from winning the SB on time. Then he sued GM because they ran an ad with his face like 3 days after his contract with them expired. So, a millionaire athlete is suing a struggling company that employs working class Americans after they gave him a free car and a huge endorsement deal. **** him.

L.A. Playa
08-01-2006, 01:21 PM
Brady is an interesting case, alot of his popularity is based upon the fact he was the underdog, he wasnt the 1st Rd pick who lived up to his potential, he was the guy who was supposed to be a career backup at best to make it big

as for him looking out for people using his image without permission welcome to the 2000's any athlete or celebrity would have done the same

I understand why people here hate him now, but once his career is over I am sure people will at least respect him here

OpIv37
08-01-2006, 01:32 PM
Brady is an interesting case, alot of his popularity is based upon the fact he was the underdog, he wasnt the 1st Rd pick who lived up to his potential, he was the guy who was supposed to be a career backup at best to make it big

as for him looking out for people using his image without permission welcome to the 2000's any athlete or celebrity would have done the same

I understand why people here hate him now, but once his career is over I am sure people will at least respect him here

It wasn't like he didn't have a contract with them or something- they just ran the ad a couple days late.

I tried to live under the delusion that Brady sucks, that it was all luck and the system, but that's simply not true. I have to respect his talent, but I'll still hate him as long as he plays against the Bills twice a year.

BillsFever21
08-01-2006, 01:44 PM
He wasn't under contract when they ran the ad.

Every single person on here would do the same thing. I wouldn't let somebody use me as a marketing tool if I wasn't under contract anymore with them.

Advertising contracts are for the purpose of that player marketing your company while the contract is still valid. When the contract expires they don't market you anymore. If they were still marketing him when the contract is up then he has a reason to *****.

OpIv37
08-01-2006, 01:58 PM
He wasn't under contract when they ran the ad.

Every single person on here would do the same thing. I wouldn't let somebody use me as a marketing tool if I wasn't under contract anymore with them.

Advertising contracts are for the purpose of that player marketing your company while the contract is still valid. When the contract expires they don't market you anymore. If they were still marketing him when the contract is up then he has a reason to *****.

If I remember correctly, the ad was like a 1 week run in a newspaper or something and the contract expired in the middle of the run. That's worth taking millions of dollars from working class Americans? I could see suing for a few grand or a few hundred grand- whatever it would have cost to extend the contract through the end of the ad. But the amount he wanted was just ridiculous. GM made a mistake and the greedy bastard was trying to get more millions out of them after he already had millions in cash and a free car from them.

ublinkwescore
08-01-2006, 02:01 PM

Posts like that make me miss being able to pos-rep people.

I hope Spikes makes Brady cry like a little school girl being chased by a mean boy with a funky looking bug.

ublinkwescore
08-01-2006, 02:03 PM
he's good and he plays for a division rival- that's reason enough to dislike the guy.

But beyond that, he pouts like a whiny little *****. He went public because he didn't get his free Cadillac from winning the SB on time. Then he sued GM because they ran an ad with his face like 3 days after his contract with them expired. So, a millionaire athlete is suing a struggling company that employs working class Americans after they gave him a free car and a huge endorsement deal. **** him.

Wow, I didn't know that...

Tom Brady must DIE!!!

OpIv37
08-01-2006, 02:21 PM
Posts like that make me miss being able to pos-rep people.

I hope Spikes makes Brady cry like a little school girl being chased by a mean boy with a funky looking bug.

not- bad- I would have gone with "being chased by a mustached man whose genitals are hanging out of his open trench coat".

ublinkwescore
08-01-2006, 02:32 PM
Brady's gay - he would enjoy that...