PDA

View Full Version : Could TD be working on a Price Spikes swap?

JJamezz
02-20-2003, 10:58 AM
Veeerrrry interesting...

What are the Bengals' positional needs?

"I think we'd like to acquire another receiver," Lewis said. "We need some help defensive line-wise, one or two guys in the secondary, interior offensive line, the quarterback position for the future. I probably named seven areas there. And one of our better players (linebacker Takeo Spikes) is a free agent."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/clayton_john/1511386.html

JefftheBillsfan
02-20-2003, 11:12 AM
I remember bringing up this possibility several weeks ago and self proclaiming myself as crazy...and over-analytic. it would be weird if it really happened..

Shiny Chicken
02-20-2003, 11:22 AM
I bet that would really piss off Price. He'd be begging TD to keep him.

TypicalBill
02-20-2003, 11:40 AM
:lol:

colin
02-20-2003, 11:43 AM
Could go for draft picks though.

We might get a top 10 for price, what is the Redskins pick?

Bulldog
02-20-2003, 11:48 AM
How about Price to the Redskins for Lavar Arrington? I know it would never happen, but it would be cool!

Shiny Chicken
02-20-2003, 11:48 AM
I remember someone saying it was like 14 or 15

colin
02-20-2003, 11:56 AM
Zona baby, they need WRs

TypicalBill
02-20-2003, 12:00 PM
the redskins pick 13th

Dozerdog
02-20-2003, 12:05 PM
Again- I don't see a team trading a #1 pick for Price in this season's upcoming draft for a $5 Million dollar receiver- even if they restructure the contract long term. The WR position has a lot of depth- Besides Rogers, Kelly Washington is a Price Clone, even better.

Why trade for Price and that fat paycheck instead of drafting a WR and saving 3-4 Million?

Mr. Miyagi
02-20-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Shiny Chicken
I bet that would really piss off Price. He'd be begging TD to keep him.
Why would that piss off Price? He wants to be the #1 guy right? There he'll be #1 for sure. He wants money? He'll get his money.

Oh wait, NOW he wants to be on a competitive team who is a SB contender? No no, you can't have the cake and eat it too. What a greedy bastard.

Tatonka
02-20-2003, 01:47 PM
price would not be the number one in cincy.. they have a guy there named charles johnson.. and he is developing at a much faster rate than anyone expected.. he is a stud soon to be.. much like jerry porter.

kgun12
02-20-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

Why would that piss off Price? He wants to be the #1 guy right? There he'll be #1 for sure. He wants money? He'll get his money.

Oh wait, NOW he wants to be on a competitive team who is a SB contender? No no, you can't have the cake and eat it too. What a greedy bastard.

MM we agree 100% on this one. If the Bengals aren't ok, than send ME ME to Carolina, he can be #1 there.

BTW tatanka the player in Cincy is Chad Johnson and yes he is a good one!

venis2k1
02-20-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

You are calling him a "greedy bastard" for something he didnt even say...

whats with all the negativity around Price...

Akhippo
02-20-2003, 04:54 PM
I say Atlanta will give up a #1 for him. They desperately need a WR. Their pick is not high enough to get a insta WR. Or at least one that wont settle in for another 2 -3 years. You think its hard for a rookie to learn how to play in an offense were the QB stays in one spot. Try learning how to play WR with a QB that you also have to adjust to. Ill even say that we can pull a #2 from them next year to. Just look at their WRs. It supply and demand.

BADTHINGSMAN
02-20-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
price would not be the number one in cincy.. they have a guy there named charles johnson.. and he is developing at a much faster rate than anyone expected.. he is a stud soon to be.. much like jerry porter.

That wouldnt matter to the Bills. If and a very big IF this were to happen it would be the Bengals choice to make him a#1 reciever. That would mean that P.Warrick could be released or he would be #3.

Typ0
02-20-2003, 05:07 PM
A team that could afford it would be much better off taking Price than a WR in the first round. First of all, they can not be sure the guy they want will be there when they get to pick. Second, Price is experienced and proven he can catch a lot of balls in a season. The draft is a crap shoot. I think it's realistic he could get traded to get back our number one this season. If we did this we would be getting back what Bledsoe cost us plus freeing up a lot of cap space for the defense. I would love to see him go to Cincinnati for Spikes though. Cincy is the perfect **** hole for Price and we could really use Spikes a lot more than a first round draft pick lets be serious here.

BADTHINGSMAN
02-20-2003, 05:18 PM
If the Bengals are smart( my god Bengals and smart in same sentence) they would trade Spikes for Price. They would get a great reciever and still have there 1st pick to get whatever else they wanted for 1st pick.

Could be why Spikes was trans tagged and Price was Fran tagged. It would be a great move IF it happens. Then the Bills get Shwan Barber on otherside. 2nd pick could be a DT.

BADTHINGSMAN
02-20-2003, 05:20 PM
Its only way Bills have a chance at Spikes and TD knows it.