PDA

View Full Version : QB Controversy In Big D

gr8slayer
08-01-2006, 12:08 PM
I was listening to ESPN Radio today on the way to school and one of the reporters at the camp said that Tony Romo was taking more snaps with the first string WR's than Bledsoe was.

Listening to Parcells' press confrences the last few days indicate to me that Bledsoe's job might be in trouble.

Mr. Miyagi
08-01-2006, 12:14 PM
:chuckle:

OpIv37
08-01-2006, 12:15 PM
who the **** is Tony Romo?

Carlton Bailey
08-01-2006, 12:16 PM
I highly doubt Bledsoe is the backup. Why would he be?

Mr. Miyagi
08-01-2006, 12:17 PM
Backup QB in Dallas for the past several seasons. He's ahead of Drew Henson.

gr8slayer
08-01-2006, 12:18 PM
Been the most popular man in Dallas since Quincy left. When you got to a Cowboys game and they introduce the starting QB you hear all 70+ thousand people yelling "ROMO ROMO ROMO."

He has been a backup for two years, very JPish, athletic, gunslinger, attitude.

gr8slayer
08-01-2006, 12:19 PM
I highly doubt Bledsoe is the backup. Why would he be?
Partly because he has looked like crap in camp so far. This might just be a way for Big Bill to try and light a match under Drew's ass but you never know with Parcells. He likes to do things to **** with players.

BillsFever21
08-01-2006, 01:56 PM
Bledsoe isn't mentally tough enough to handle Owens anyway. He is very think skinned and when Owens gets all over his case Drew won't be able to handle the pressure and will crumble.

That has always been the story of Drew Bledsoe. Not mentally tough enough to get the job done and worries too much of what people think of him. Him and Owens are gonna be a terrible match together.

Mr. Cynical
08-01-2006, 02:24 PM
:roflmao:

Well at least that's one problem we don't have to deal with anymore. Sure, it cost us over $21M to find out what a joke he is, but its Tuna's problem now.

:lolpoint: Dallas

Goobylal
08-01-2006, 02:36 PM
Someone overheard Peerless Price talking on a cell phone sometime (yeah, I'm REAL specific here, aren't I?) during a flight and he said that Bledsoe's arm was shot. That might just be what is happening.

Novacane
08-01-2006, 02:46 PM
Bledsoe blows

PromoTheRobot
08-01-2006, 04:10 PM

I've eaten at his restaurants. Good ribs.

PTR

Saratoga Slim
08-01-2006, 04:21 PM
I was listening to Afternoon Blitz on Sirius NFL network yesterday, and Schein and Rice were talking as if there was no question but that Bledsoe was the starter. In fact, the topic of conversation was how screwed Dallas would be if Drew went down. They were actually laughing about "who the hell is Tony Romo?"

Obviously there is no chance that a member of the media might be wrong.....but seems like there'd be some louder peeps out of Dallas' camp if there was really a QB contraversy going on.

BillsFever21
08-01-2006, 04:49 PM
Bledsoe will be the QB but he will crumble.

BSXIII
08-01-2006, 11:13 PM
Although I consider myself more of an NFL fan, than a fan of any particular team, threads like this just make Bills fans look dumb. Bledsoe was by far this teams best offensive player over the past five years, and really has no competition. Eric Moulds you say… please? What the hell has he ever done besides ***** and moan about QB’s? Is he even top 50 all time in any major stats? And before you blame the QB’s, Bledsoe’s best receiver to this point has been Terry Glenn. A guy who was third string for the living legend Brett Favre, and considered easily expendable in Green Bay.

What did Bledsoe have to work with when he was here? Anyone want to argue the o-line was good go ahead and make an ass of yourself. What the hell are Jay Reimersma, Travis Henry, Peerless Price, Mark Campbell, Larry Centers, Sam Gash, Josh Reed, Bobby Shaw, Sam Aiken and the rest of those scrubs up to these days? Any of those guys still helping teams win games? Looks like the only guy still relevant is the so called “weak link” of the team. Who else from those supposedly “solid teams” is worth a damn on offense, name one? I left Eric Moulds off the list, because we’ll compare how he does with a “real QB” (David Carr) compared to how Bledsoe does with a real WR (Terrell Owens) at the end of the season. Any takers on who is gonna shine brighter in Texas?

But go ahead and keep bashing the guy. He couldn’t have been any more disappointed when he was kicked off this team, even though that was the best thing that could have happened for him.

evol4276
08-01-2006, 11:16 PM
unless its another coming of brady i dont see it happening to him again.. especially with what he did last year WITHOUT TO

Captain gameboy
08-01-2006, 11:25 PM
The day I listen to Peerless Price's view on anything....
Well. You fill in the blank.

It will be the day I listen to Marcus Vick.

I'm no longer a Bledsoe fan, but of all the wasting of real talent we endured the last three years, his was the most wasted.

YardRat
08-01-2006, 11:44 PM
Bledsoe will start, barring injury, and do just fine again this year in Dallas.

Meathead
08-01-2006, 11:45 PM
he had a solid season last year

hes an above average to good qb who was behind a crap line most of the time here and it showed. he also played more than his usual share of stinkers here, but the two might be related

BSXIII
08-02-2006, 12:21 AM
Also anyone who visits ESPN or any national source on a daily basis would have noticed that a top headline every day is about TO in Dallas. If there was a QB controversy it would be all over the place.

BSXIII
08-02-2006, 12:43 AM
Someone overheard Peerless Price talking on a cell phone sometime (yeah, I'm REAL specific here, aren't I?) during a flight and he said that Bledsoe's arm was shot. That might just be what is happening.

I imagine this is sarcasm, but if this is true it would go a long way into explaining why Price was cut mid season.

jamze132
08-02-2006, 03:07 AM
I've eaten at his restaurants. Good ribs.

PTR
It's Tony Roma's!

PromoTheRobot
08-02-2006, 10:36 AM
It's Tony Roma's!
I know...PSYCHE!

PTR

BillsFever21
08-02-2006, 12:21 PM
Also anyone who visits ESPN or any national source on a daily basis would have noticed that a top headline every day is about TO in Dallas. If there was a QB controversy it would be all over the place.

Go to the Cowboys boards if you love Bledsoe so much.

He's a choker just like last year. He always chokes at the end of the season just like last year.

He starts off good and then bombs out at the end of the year when you need him the most. Just like last year when his team lost 4 of the last 5 and missed the playoffs because of his junky play.

LtFinFan66
08-02-2006, 12:23 PM
I find this truly hard to believe quite frankly

THATHURMANATOR
08-02-2006, 12:26 PM
We didn't make this up it was stated on a nationally syndicated radio show.... What are you a realist or something?

bledslow
08-02-2006, 12:45 PM
Although I consider myself more of an NFL fan, than a fan of any particular team, threads like this just make Bills fans look dumb. Bledsoe was by far this teams best offensive player over the past five years, and really has no competition. Eric Moulds you say… please? What the hell has he ever done besides ***** and moan about QB’s? Is he even top 50 all time in any major stats? And before you blame the QB’s, Bledsoe’s best receiver to this point has been Terry Glenn. A guy who was third string for the living legend Brett Favre, and considered easily expendable in Green Bay.

What did Bledsoe have to work with when he was here? Anyone want to argue the o-line was good go ahead and make an ass of yourself. What the hell are Jay Reimersma, Travis Henry, Peerless Price, Mark Campbell, Larry Centers, Sam Gash, Josh Reed, Bobby Shaw, Sam Aiken and the rest of those scrubs up to these days? Any of those guys still helping teams win games? Looks like the only guy still relevant is the so called “weak link” of the team. Who else from those supposedly “solid teams” is worth a damn on offense, name one? I left Eric Moulds off the list, because we’ll compare how he does with a “real QB” (David Carr) compared to how Bledsoe does with a real WR (Terrell Owens) at the end of the season. Any takers on who is gonna shine brighter in Texas?

But go ahead and keep bashing the guy. He couldn’t have been any more disappointed when he was kicked off this team, even though that was the best thing that could have happened for him.

Drew had a great first half of the year in his first season in buffalo,after that,he suked hard... Moulds was without a doubt the best player while drew was there, heck,travis henry was probably better then drew when he had playing time.

And moulds performed better with other qb's in the past before drew even got there.

Bledsoe is one of the alltime choke artis at his position--take it from a guy who seen every game he had in a pats uniform.
I never seen a more inconsistent human/lazy azz

pintonick96
08-02-2006, 02:27 PM
Hey, I still like Bledsoe and wish him the best. I'm only gonna knock him to my uncle who's a diehard Cowboys fan.