• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

This team has 2001 Bills written all over it

It's a lot of the same right now. First year head coach in Gregg Williams. First year GM in Tom Donahoe, an ugly QB situation with the crafty vet with the chicken arm Alex Van Pelt (Holcomb) and the physically gifted but mental mdiget Rob Johnson (Losman).

That team played hard, very hard every game. The only problem was they weren't TALENTED enough to win. They started out 0-4. They were 1-10 at some point. In fact the three games they won were by a combined nine points. IN other words, they were 10 points away from going winless for the entire season.

While I dont see the Bills being winless this year (thanks largely to playing the Jets twice) the fact is for all the young hungry players and turnover in the front office and coaching staff, this team is simply NOT GOOD enough to win, a fact that some of you people refuse to let enter your head. This is a 3-4 win team and thats the way it is this year.

Forget about the mess at QB, everybody knows that.. How about the offensive line. Ask yourself this, how many of these current starting five would be starting on more than a small handful of other teams around the league? I say one; Jason Peters.

The DL was pitiful last year and it won't be much better this year. I dont think it could be any worse. All the speed in the world dont mean **** when your getting knocked on your ass every play.

And I wont even get into Whitner, which is quickly turning into an embarassing situation. Seeing there was nobody on EARTH who was taking Whitner in the first seven picks, Marv should have had all the time in the WORLD to get a feel for what it would've taken to get this guy signed before the draft.

Now my hopes is that the future can see this team turnaround much like that 2001 team did. That club got better and were if not run poorly on Donahoe's part, and coached AWFULLY by Mularkey Buffalo was a team on paper that was good enough to go to the playoffs two of the past three years. So while Im confident Levy and Jauron may turn around the franchise for the better over the next few years, they aint going anywhere-anytime soon.

While I admit I may have a crap attitude right now about this season, I'll hopefully be a lot less angry on Sundays during the fall, knowing in early August what to expect..I already got my tix and ordered my 06 jersey (McGee-THANK GOD I almost bought WHitner) I'll be rooting, but I"m not stupid.. This team flat-out sucks, and you all know it.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Re: This team has 2001 Bills written all over it

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

I don't think we're gonna end up 3-13.

While there are a lot of if's on this team, the other teams in the AFCE do too.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• HAMMER
        I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
        • Jul 2003

Get a life, you've said all this crap 50+ times.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by HAMMER
          Thus the

Comment

• The King
            Without me it's just Awe so
            • Jun 2004

Juaron isnt a first time head coach.
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

This team's a hell of a lot better than 2001. For starters, wasn't Shawn Bryson the #1 back on that team? And wasn't the defense awful?

I really don't see too many similarities.

Comment

• jmb1099
                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                It's a lot of the same right now. First year head coach in Gregg Williams. First year GM in Tom Donahoe, an ugly QB situation with the crafty vet with the chicken arm Alex Van Pelt (Holcomb) and the physically gifted but mental mdiget Rob Johnson (Losman).

That team played hard, very hard every game. The only problem was they weren't TALENTED enough to win. They started out 0-4. They were 1-10 at some point. In fact the three games they won were by a combined nine points. IN other words, they were 10 points away from going winless for the entire season.

While I dont see the Bills being winless this year (thanks largely to playing the Jets twice) the fact is for all the young hungry players and turnover in the front office and coaching staff, this team is simply NOT GOOD enough to win, a fact that some of you people refuse to let enter your head. This is a 3-4 win team and thats the way it is this year.

Forget about the mess at QB, everybody knows that.. How about the offensive line. Ask yourself this, how many of these current starting five would be starting on more than a small handful of other teams around the league? I say one; Jason Peters.

The DL was pitiful last year and it won't be much better this year. I dont think it could be any worse. All the speed in the world dont mean **** when your getting knocked on your ass every play.

And I wont even get into Whitner, which is quickly turning into an embarassing situation. Seeing there was nobody on EARTH who was taking Whitner in the first seven picks, Marv should have had all the time in the WORLD to get a feel for what it would've taken to get this guy signed before the draft.

Now my hopes is that the future can see this team turnaround much like that 2001 team did. That club got better and were if not run poorly on Donahoe's part, and coached AWFULLY by Mularkey Buffalo was a team on paper that was good enough to go to the playoffs two of the past three years. So while Im confident Levy and Jauron may turn around the franchise for the better over the next few years, they aint going anywhere-anytime soon.

While I admit I may have a crap attitude right now about this season, I'll hopefully be a lot less angry on Sundays during the fall, knowing in early August what to expect..I already got my tix and ordered my 06 jersey (McGee-THANK GOD I almost bought WHitner) I'll be rooting, but I"m not stupid.. This team flat-out sucks, and you all know it.
                You're right...you do have a crap attitude about the season. I usually appreciate a good deal of what you say, but this post should have never been made, more of the same old same old, quite frankly I heard this point of view the first 492000 times.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by HAMMER
                  I'll try to get a life. In the meantime, I'll express my opinions whatever I want as everyone on here does the same.

You're not even a Homer.. At least most have the ablity to express their points.. You just sit there and try to get personal.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

I also dont ever remember comparing the 2001 QB situation of AVP and Rob Johnson to this year's team, which is eerily the same deal.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Carlton Bailey
                      This team's a hell of a lot better than 2001. For starters, wasn't Shawn Bryson the #1 back on that team? And wasn't the defense awful?

I really don't see too many similarities.
                      Travis Henry led the team in rushing that year.. And yes the defense was awful.. and last I checked, our defense last year was awful, and with Nate having an eye on Free AGency, TKO lucky to be back at 80% and at least two rookies in the regular rotation, I expect to see more of the same.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                        • Aug 2004

What evidence do you have that JP Losman is a mental midget? Because he made some bad decisions in his first 8 games as a starter like every other QB who ever played the game did? This article is a mental midget if you ask me.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                          • Aug 2003

he is just honing his writing skills and obviously he is doing a pretty good job because he keeps getting a reaction from people

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

young-mobile-athletic QB with a rocket arm who's supposed to be a savior, traded picks to get him.. Rob Johnson and Losman right now are very much the same to me.

Rob Johnson didnt even bother talking to media.. Losman likes to recite yoda quotes.

Comment

• Captain Obvious
                              I can feel your anger.I can feel your hate. Give in to the DARK SIDE! With every neg you become MINE
                              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006

Donte Whitners' s agent doesn't give a rats patoot that everyone on earth thinks the Bills reached by 5-9 spots to take Whitner. Hes the 8th pick and his agent his going to see he is compensated as the eighth pick.

Here to point out the obvious....

Comment

Working...
                              X