• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigGabes23
    • Mar 2006

Pat Williams

08/01/06 01:32 PM
    THE NEWS
    The Vikings placed defensive tackle Pat Williams on the physically unable to perform list on Monday. Vikings head coach Brad Childress told the Minneapolis Star Tribune that Williams was overweight when he reported to training camp. Williams logged 66 tackles last season.
    Our View
    Well, there's a reason we call him "Fat Pat". He's struggled with weight issues in the past and was actually praised by Childress for dropping close to 15 pounds earlier this year. The Vikings are free to activate Williams at any time from the PUP list.

All World tackle who we had to have back, right realists?
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Pat Williams

you arent honestly suggesting that our D didn't suffer from the loss of Williams last year, are you?

I don't recall anyone saying we want him back this year, but he played well last year while our DL looked like ****.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• BigGabes23
        • Mar 2006

No, but not signing him was the right thing to do. I think he got about $13 MM.

Comment

• Meathead
          Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
          • Jul 2002

i thought it was big pat and fat sam
          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Two Words...Tim Anderson.

I'd take Pat back.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

Originally posted by YardRat
              Two Words...Tim Anderson.

I'd take Pat back.
              What we tend to forget is that Pat didn't develop into a big time DT until he was quite a bit older than Anderson is now. Pat was nowhere near a star going into his 3rd year.

Why don't we give Anderson and some of the other young guys a chance to become good veteran players?
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Damn man.. cue up the Fat Albert theme song...

Look on the bright side, had he been re-signed, TD and Mularkey might be pacing the sidelines at St. John Fischer right now. Yeah, the Vikes overpaid a little for an aging player - welcome to the NFL.

IMO, Childress and the Vikings staff are at fault here too, they should've kept tighter wraps on him. But I guarantee 1) He drops that 15lbs. REAL quick, and 2) It doesn't happen again.

Comment

Working...
                X