PDA

View Full Version : When will the Bills win the Superbowl?

Crisis
08-01-2006, 03:05 PM
:bf1:

OpIv37
08-01-2006, 03:20 PM
you forgot the real answer:

When Ralph dies and someone who understands the modern game takes over the team.

Crisis
08-01-2006, 03:21 PM

When Ralph dies and someone who understands the modern game takes over the team.
I think you're too busy to be owner!

Since you obviously know everything about football, too bad you aren't the owner!

We'd be the first team to win the superbowl with everyone under contract for the league minimum!

L.A. Playa
08-01-2006, 03:22 PM
why does Op still have a positive rep ???

L.A. Playa
08-01-2006, 03:22 PM
maybe its that double negative thing

OpIv37
08-01-2006, 03:27 PM
I think you're too busy to be owner!

Since you obviously know everything about football, too bad you aren't the owner!

We'd be the first team to win the superbowl with everyone under contract for the league minimum!

Well obviously Ralph knows what he's doing. That's why this team has been so good for the last decade.

Mr. Cynical
08-01-2006, 04:34 PM
F) When the Bills get a new owner

North_Coast
08-01-2006, 05:11 PM
I think OP and Cyni ought to combine their beer can deposit money and make Ralph an offer he can't refuse!!! :roflmao:

The_Philster
08-01-2006, 05:14 PM
why does Op still have a positive rep ???
Because enough of us know him and like him...despite the fact that the near-constant negativity is driving some people up the wall

MikeInRoch
08-01-2006, 05:14 PM

Wrong. Because when that happens, they will no longer be the "Buffalo Bills".

The_Philster
08-01-2006, 05:15 PM
careful..you'll confuse them with facts ;)

OpIv37
08-01-2006, 09:27 PM

careful..you'll confuse them with facts ;)

so, you two have pretty much resigned yourselves to the fact that the Bills are leaving Buffalo?

Ralph won't live forever- sooner or later someone else will have to own the team.

Mr. Cynical
08-01-2006, 09:52 PM
so, you two have pretty much resigned yourselves to the fact that the Bills are leaving Buffalo?

Ralph won't live forever- sooner or later someone else will have to own the team.

That's way too logical for some people.

Philagape
08-01-2006, 10:02 PM
We're not just gonna win the Super Bowl, we're gonna go 19-0 and win every game 75-0!!!!! We're never going to lose again!!!!!! YYYYeeeeeeeeeehhhaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! :jig: :ugly: :hitself: :crazy: :party: :insane:
Now THAT's being a real fan!! Woooooo hooooooooo!!!!!!

jamze132
08-02-2006, 03:35 AM
If you want to blame Ralph Wilson, go ahead. He did bring in Donahoe. On the other hand, he did bring in Levy to coach back in the mid 80's and we didn't win the Super Bowl then either. I don't think it is Ralph Wilson's fault we haven't won a Super Bowl. However it is because of Ralph Wilson that we still have a team in Buffalo, so everyone should be thanking him and not trying to pin our lack of success on him.

The_Philster
08-02-2006, 04:53 AM

so are you saying Ralph was lying about the problems in the CBA? Until the CBA is fixed, Ralph had better stay the owner of the Bills or we'll lose them

Luisito23
08-02-2006, 06:53 AM
This year!!!...

GO BILLS!!!!!

OpIv37
08-02-2006, 08:28 AM
so are you saying Ralph was lying about the problems in the CBA? Until the CBA is fixed, Ralph had better stay the owner of the Bills or we'll lose them

I'm saying that Ralph may not be maximizing revenue in Buffalo and a younger owner with some business experience may be able to do that better, making the CBA problems irrelevant.

OpIv37
08-02-2006, 08:31 AM
If you want to blame Ralph Wilson, go ahead. He did bring in Donahoe. On the other hand, he did bring in Levy to coach back in the mid 80's and we didn't win the Super Bowl then either. I don't think it is Ralph Wilson's fault we haven't won a Super Bowl. However it is because of Ralph Wilson that we still have a team in Buffalo, so everyone should be thanking him and not trying to pin our lack of success on him.

Whatever happened to "the buck stops here"?

Ralph made good decisions in the late 80's/early 90's that got us close to the Super Bowl. He deserves credit for that.

Over the last 10 years, this team has been a disaster. He's not completely to blame but he definitely deserves some of the fallout for it. It's his team and his money and decisions don't get made without his approval.

What is it with some of you people around here? No one associated with the Bills except fired coachesare ever responsible for their own performance? Please. Start holding people accountable and maybe this team will finally transcend mediocrity.

jamze132
08-02-2006, 09:13 AM
Whatever happened to "the buck stops here"?

Ralph made good decisions in the late 80's/early 90's that got us close to the Super Bowl. He deserves credit for that.

Over the last 10 years, this team has been a disaster. He's not completely to blame but he definitely deserves some of the fallout for it. It's his team and his money and decisions don't get made without his approval.

What is it with some of you people around here? No one associated with the Bills except fired coachesare ever responsible for their own performance? Please. Start holding people accountable and maybe this team will finally transcend mediocrity.
I agree that he is responsible for what happens or fails to happen on the field, to an extent. However, since we still have a team in Buffalo for the foreseable future, I am willing to look past what has happened in the past 10 years. Do I wish we were more successful? Of course I do, but I am just glad that I have a team to support. Aren't you glad you still have a team to constantly belittle?

Bufftp
08-02-2006, 09:52 AM
Well obviously Ralph knows what he's doing. That's why this team has been so good for the last decade.
The team has made a profit every year, so yea it has been good over the last ten years. A profit is the point of a business, is it not?

OpIv37
08-02-2006, 09:56 AM
The team has made a profit every year, so yea it has been good over the last ten years. A profit is the point of a business, is it not?

and this is where the team has us by the balls. If we as fans stop buying tix or merch to protest how things are being run, they say the team isn't profitable and we lose them to some other city. If we keep buying tix and merch, then the FO has no motivation to make the team better. If Ralph can make $20 million a year and lose or make $10 million a year and win (because he pays more for coaches or signing bonuses), what do you think he's going to do?