PDA

View Full Version : Jennings May Miss Opener

LtBillsFan66
08-15-2002, 01:45 PM
billsdaily.com is reporting that Jonas Jennings injury may keep him out of the opener. :(

JefftheBillsfan
08-15-2002, 01:47 PM
that would really suck...

FlownTheCoop
08-15-2002, 01:48 PM
It wouldn't surprise me, as a high ankle sprain kept Cowart out for over a month...

My best guess would be he MIGHT be ready by Week 4. GW tends to downplay injuries and this is more severe than they are letting on...

BambinoSux
08-15-2002, 01:50 PM
Well that's the bad news. The good news is that John Abraham will most likely miss the opener as well. So it's basically a wash. I'm guessing they'll both be ready by Week 2.

Earthquake Enyart
08-15-2002, 01:52 PM
Now, do they go with Carman, or do they reshuffle TT to LT?

JefftheBillsfan
08-15-2002, 01:54 PM
they better not be goin with carman...put teague at LT see how he does...then decide if you want him there when jennings is back. if so...jennings plays C.

Earthquake Enyart
08-15-2002, 01:58 PM
Big Mike to LT!!!!! Cartman at RT.

JefftheBillsfan
08-15-2002, 02:00 PM
hmmm....never thought of that...but still teague at RT....i don't want carman playin with Conanty on the bench.

THATHURMANATOR
08-15-2002, 02:04 PM
Not good news

Ebenezer
08-15-2002, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Big Mike to LT!!!!! Cartman at RT.

I would not be surprised in Jennings misses the first couple of games...

time to make the switch...put Williams at LT...let Os play T when healthy...

Cut Carmen.

casdhf
08-15-2002, 04:41 PM
Nah, leave the line alone, they need to gel, but in the top backup

SABURZFAN
08-15-2002, 04:54 PM
LT-teague
LG-brown
C-ostroski
RG-sullivan
RT-m.williams

don137
08-15-2002, 05:51 PM
If we leave a backup to play LT we might hear the announcer say: Now starting at QB for the Buffalo Bills #10 AVP

SoCalBillsFan
08-15-2002, 05:57 PM
injuries already. ugh.

carman sucks. I hope this isn't one of those nagging injuries that plagues jennings all year.

TigerJ
08-15-2002, 08:27 PM
With Jennings out:

LT-Marcus Price (he's the guy they signed to be top backup at
both tackle spots)
LG-Ruben Brown
C-Trey Teague (they're trying to teach him to play center,
switching him back to LT will just screw him up)
RG-Marquez Sullivan
RT-Mike Williams

Conaty will be behind Teague at Center, Ostroski backs up the two guards and Farris backs up the tackles. Yeah, Farris isn't my favorite tackle either, but supposedly he's healthier than last year and looks a little better than he did a year ago. Hopefully he won't have to come in.

I'm of the opinion that switching everybody around in Jennengs' absence, then switching them all back again after Jennings comes back is just going to mess up the chemistry they are trying to build on the line a lot more than just having the guy they signed to sub the position go in and hold it down until Jennings comes back.

BTW, I just went to Billsdaily to see what they said. They report that Shout reported that he was on critches, and Shout was speculating the might not be ready for the opener.

Not that Jennings doesn't have a serious sprain, but I like my news to be a little harder than that.