PDA

View Full Version : Why I'm Optomistic

Typ0
08-01-2006, 08:58 PM
Sorry I haven't been able to keep up here this season but I do see a lot of people spouting off gloom and doom after a quick perusal. Myself, I have a lot of optimism for this team. I think we got a bit of luck playing NE on opening day and a win there could be the one that gives us a chance to at least compete for a playoff spot--that's right I said that playoffs word. A lot is going to hinge on JP but I am convinced we finally have a good coaching staff here who aren't going to be responsible for losing 4 games on their own. Instead, with a little luck and a healthy Mcgahee we are going to be able to pound the ball at people and rack up some wins.

I think we will win at least 8 games...perhaps 11.

GO BILLS!!!!!

shelby
08-01-2006, 09:00 PM
:gobills:

OpIv37
08-01-2006, 09:20 PM
Typo I thought you were smarter than that.

ParanoidAndroid
08-01-2006, 09:37 PM

That's not a very nice thing to say. :down:

OpIv37
08-01-2006, 09:40 PM
That's not a very nice thing to say. :down:
but it's true. Playoffs? This team? I said it before and I'll say it again- the Bills have fielded much better teams than this that didn't make the playoffs.

HHURRICANE
08-01-2006, 09:43 PM
I love the optimism but anything more than 7 wins will be a terrific season. They will win 7 games. But 11???!! We could make the playoffs with an 8-8 record. The East is terrible.

OpIv37
08-01-2006, 09:44 PM
I love the optimism but anything more than 7 wins will be a terrific season. They will win 7 games. But 11???!! We could make the playoffs with an 8-8 record. The East is terrible.

8-8 could win this division but the thing that works against us is starting the season with 3 division games. Normally I wouldn't be as bothered by this, but there is a learning curve for both the new O and the new D- if we blow those first three games it could dig us in a HUGE hole as far as winning the division at 8-8

L.A. Playa
08-01-2006, 10:31 PM
one thing I have noticed so far, dont know if it is true or not, is that it doesnt seem as if the fans are being talked down to by the FO and the coaching staff, and it doesnt seem as if they are just bull****ting everyone

that is a positive change and reason for optimism, if the fans could sense and feel that and npt trust the coaching staff and FO how do you think the players felt having to hear the same BS everyday

Thurmal
08-01-2006, 10:34 PM
Everything hinges on the defense and McGahee. If both can somehow get back to their 2004 form, the Bills will always be in every game regardless of who they play.

A stingy, turnover creating defense + a solid run game and adequate play at the QB position + the already exceptional special teams = more wins than anyone is predicting.

L.A. Playa
08-01-2006, 10:37 PM
things could always have been worse they could have drafted Rashaun Woods instead of Lee Evans

FlyingDutchman
08-01-2006, 10:40 PM

Right on cue. You dont have to shoot down every positive person. Jesus...

jamze132
08-02-2006, 03:28 AM
8-8 could win this division but the thing that works against us is starting the season with 3 division games. Normally I wouldn't be as bothered by this, but there is a learning curve for both the new O and the new D- if we blow those first three games it could dig us in a HUGE hole as far as winning the division at 8-8
And IF we win those first three games it will give us a huge benefit.

Right or wrong?

jamze132
08-02-2006, 03:30 AM
Everything hinges on the defense and McGahee. If both can somehow get back to their 2004 form, the Bills will always be in every game regardless of who they play.

A stingy, turnover creating defense + a solid run game and adequate play at the QB position + the already exceptional special teams = more wins than anyone is predicting.
I agree. I think we will be competitive in most games we play this year. I'm not guarunteeing it will lead to success, but I don't see a lot of games that are over by half time.

mybills
08-02-2006, 06:27 AM
They'll win NINE games, and you will LIKE it! :club:

Tatonka
08-02-2006, 06:41 AM
I thought.

Liar.

djjimkelly
08-02-2006, 08:10 AM
They'll win NINE games, and you will LIKE it! :club:

thats my call too 8-9 wins sched is pretty soft at points and im starting to become pretty convinced were going to pull a shocker week 1

OpIv37
08-02-2006, 08:13 AM
Right on cue. You dont have to shoot down every positive person. Jesus...

There's a difference between positive and moronic. Thinking this team is playoff-bound is just moronic.

mybills
08-02-2006, 09:54 AM
There's a difference between positive and moronic. Thinking this team is playoff-bound is just moronic.

Dear OpIv,
ANYTHING can happen in the NFL!
So it's moronic to not know that.
~mybills

Historian
08-02-2006, 09:57 AM
I agree with Typo

OpIv37
08-02-2006, 10:05 AM
Dear OpIv,
ANYTHING can happen in the NFL!
So it's moronic to not know that.
~mybills

what's moronic is to buy into this "anything can happen" garbage. Technically, anything is possible. But what's more likely? The more stable teams doing well, or EVERY LITTLE QUESTION MARK that the Bills have works out in their favor and they do well?

ANYTHING could happen on my drive home from work today too. I could get hit by a guy in a Jaguar, sue his ass, and end up rich. I hit someone else, get sued, and end up bankrupt. But the most likely scenario is that I get home exactly as predicted.

The Bills have a lot of question marks- I'm sure some of them will work out in their favor. But do you honestly believe that enough of those things will happen for this to be a successful season? The chances of that happening are so remote you're more likely win the lottery while simultaneouslyl being struck by lightning.

Anything can happen, but chances are it won't.

justasportsfan
08-02-2006, 10:11 AM
Anything can happen, but chances are it won't.we know that. We knew that before the season started, we know that now. We're not stupid.

This is what you sound like

The pool feels great
OP"you're gonna drown"

Ice cream feels good this time of the year
OP"it's fattening"

Sex is awsome
OP"you're gonna get aids"

You take the fun out of everything.

Mitchy moo
08-02-2006, 10:13 AM
what's moronic is to buy into this "anything can happen" garbage. Technically, anything is possible. But what's more likely? The more stable teams doing well, or EVERY LITTLE QUESTION MARK that the Bills have works out in their favor and they do well?

ANYTHING could happen on my drive home from work today too. I could get hit by a guy in a Jaguar, sue his ass, and end up rich. I hit someone else, get sued, and end up bankrupt. But the most likely scenario is that I get home exactly as predicted.

The Bills have a lot of question marks- I'm sure some of them will work out in their favor. But do you honestly believe that enough of those things will happen for this to be a successful season? The chances of that happening are so remote you're more likely win the lottery while simultaneouslyl being struck by lightning.

We are playing 8 games w/ teams with pretty big question marks as well, anything can happen.

OpIv37
08-02-2006, 10:13 AM
And IF we win those first three games it will give us a huge benefit.

Right or wrong?

You're absolutely right. But given that we have new systems for the players to learn on both sides of the ball and 2 of those games on the road, you're talking a big "IF".

OpIv37
08-02-2006, 10:15 AM
We are playing 8 games w/ teams with pretty big question marks as well, anything can happen.

Anything can happen, but chances are it won't. Their question marks don't matter if we can't answer our own. And those teams are looking at the game against the Bills as one of those "anything can happen" games.

It's not about other teams. It's about THIS team and whether or not they have the talent, the training, the experience to execute. And I don't think they do.

mybills
08-02-2006, 10:17 AM
:bf1: It's enough to make you puke, justa..actually, that attitude makes me more queezy, than this hot weather. :down:

OpIv37
08-02-2006, 10:17 AM
we know that. We knew that before the season started, we know that now. We're not stupid.

The pool feels great
OP"you're gonna drown"

OP"it's fattening"

Sex is awsome

Once again, you have to have false hope to have fun? I see it more like this

The pool is going to be warmer than bath water
Op: somehow I doubt it

This ice cream will taste better than any food mankind has created, EVER
Op: you've never had Buffalo wings?

Nothing could ever feel better than this missionary position sex with the lights off
Op: ever hear of Astroglide?

mybills
08-02-2006, 10:26 AM
:rofl:

justasportsfan
08-02-2006, 10:35 AM
Once again, you have to have false hope to have fun? I see it more like this

The pool is going to be warmer than bath water
Op: somehow I doubt it

This ice cream will taste better than any food mankind has created, EVER
Op: you've never had Buffalo wings?

Nothing could ever feel better than this missionary position sex with the lights off
Op: ever hear of Astroglide?

It can be false hope later and most likely will WE REALIZE THAT. Let us enjoy the little joys. We know it can turn ugly, but it isn't ugly yet. If you don't want to enjoy the little things don't take us with you.

You deal with the season your way, we'll deal with it our way. Let us deal with the disappointment when we cross the bridge when we get there OURSELVES.

You're already trying to cross that bridge and you haven't even gotten in the car.

It's almost like the world (bills) is a horrible place so you want to shoot yourself and shoot the rest of us too because in your opinion, NO ONE should suffer.

Typ0
08-02-2006, 11:01 AM
Do all the threads turn into a pissing match with OP?

Op...just to further explain, I don't think we have the team to win in the playoffs. However, just about every year some team shows up on the upswing and plays better than they were supposed to be. I just hope we are that team and continue to improve again next offseason. I really think it's possible. We have a lot of pieces in place. Perhaps JP is going to perform better than ANYONE thinks...in that case we have a very good shot at a playoff run.

OpIv37
08-02-2006, 11:04 AM
Do all the threads turn into a pissing match with OP?

Op...just to further explain, I don't think we have the team to win in the playoffs. However, just about every year some team shows up on the upswing and plays better than they were supposed to be. I just hope we are that team and continue to improve again next offseason. I really think it's possible. We have a lot of pieces in place. Perhaps JP is going to perform better than ANYONE thinks...in that case we have a very good shot at a playoff run.

I simply disagree. This team is setting up for the long term To stick with your analogy, they have some of the pieces but haven't put them in the right places yet. The only way this team makes the playoffs is if they do well over the first three games, the Pats and Dolphins falter, and they can sneak in by winning the division with 8-9 wins. And that's an extremely unlikely scenario.

Typ0
08-02-2006, 11:18 AM
I simply disagree. This team is setting up for the long term To stick with your analogy, they have some of the pieces but haven't put them in the right places yet. The only way this team makes the playoffs is if they do well over the first three games, the Pats and Dolphins falter, and they can sneak in by winning the division with 8-9 wins. And that's an extremely unlikely scenario.

that's pretty much what I said...we got a break playing the early schedule we do. That will be our best chance to beat those teams. Sure, it's not as likely to happen as we would like but the possiblities are there. Plus, we have a good all around coaching staff now something we haven't seen in about a decade (and yes that still needs to be proven but I believe it's true and I didn't say that about the other staffs we had in here).

So thank you for your opinion. We know what it is. Now keep it to yourself in this thread please as I would like to see about peoples optimism not one person saying something optimistic and you jumping on their post with pessimism. I'm going to end up with 20 people posting in this thread a total of 30 times...and then 30 posts from you responding to each post trying to put them down. Please take that activity to someone else's thread.

ublinkwescore
08-02-2006, 11:24 AM
but it's true. Playoffs? This team? I said it before and I'll say it again- the Bills have fielded much better teams than this that didn't make the playoffs.

So have I, the coaching is what dragged those teams down...

(Gregg Williams and Mularkey)

ublinkwescore
08-02-2006, 11:28 AM

I think that's as positive as Op's gonna be for a long time...

Tatonka
08-02-2006, 01:13 PM
we know that. We knew that before the season started, we know that now. We're not stupid.

The pool feels great
OP"you're gonna drown"

OP"it's fattening"

Sex is awsome

you summed that up so well. what a ****ing buzzkill op is.. i honestly cant imagine how miserable he must be to hang out with.

justasportsfan
08-02-2006, 01:20 PM
you summed that up so well. what a ****ing buzzkill op is.. i honestly cant imagine how miserable he must be to hang out with.As much as I pick on his persona here , it's only fair to say that in person he was cool to hang out with .He wasn't antsy or didn't seem like a party pooper. I've only met him once though and he didn't seem to be like he is on BZ.