PDA

View Full Version : My camp report 8/1/06............

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-02-2006, 12:22 AM
First off I would like to agree with Chris Brown and say that Jason Peters was pretty much toying with the ends. Nobody even came close to getting by him. It was very exciting to watch him one on one. The rest of the line however is another story. The defensive line won the other battles hands down which is obviously good and bad. The great news is that I thought McCargo looked really quick off the snap and he is a lot bigger than I thought he was so he gets a good push. Tripplett looked good. Tim Andersen looked a little above average is how I would put it. Mike Gandy got beat a number of times and not just by Schobel. There some second and third stringers beating him.

As for the QB's once again neither seperated themselves from the other. The good news is they both looked better today. Jp did throw a pick, but it was tipped into the air off Evans' hands. Holcomb really has trouble hitting the recievers in stride down the field. Holcomb also had a pretty bad fumble and would have been sacked a couple times. I only remember once where I thought that would have gotten JP down. Both were pretty accurate tonight so that is a positive.

The RB's look outstanding at this point. Anthony Thomas had the best night I thought breaking two runs to the outside that would have gone for big gainers. We really need to get Lionel Gates on the field this year because he looks really good again this camp. He broke a couple nice ones. Willis was Willis. They ran one reverse with Peerless Price that may have gone for a TD.

The WR's all have looked good I can't think of one complaint I have with them. Evans made a great grab on his back. Nance caught a few balls. Roscoe is lethal after the catch. Reed made a couple nice ones. They are spreading the ball around everywhere. Jonathan Smith looked good tonight also.

I think we are going to be pretty pleased with Robert Royal's recieving as well as blocking. He has caught a lot of balls so far. I didn't realize how big Everett was which may be why they are using him a lot to block.

I don't have a whole lot to say about the defense, but to me it looks like they have the swagger back. They have really looked good flying to the ball in my opinion. I honestly wouldn'y be surprised to see Ko Simpson get some time this year because I have been very impressed with him so far. Our LB depth is nuts. Our CB depth is nuts. I have been very surprised at how good the D-Line has looked up the middle so far. The only big runs have been to the outside.

Overall I think it was a good practice, and I think we have some things to look forward to. With that said as usual the big questions remain the QB and the O-Line. Hope you enjoyed.

Goobylal
08-02-2006, 12:29 AM
Sounds like it might be time to have Peters and Gandy switch positions.

FlyingDutchman
08-02-2006, 12:29 AM
Im VERY excited about Ko. Has he done anything in particular to stand out? Or just overall solid?

ZacGriffi~82
08-02-2006, 01:01 AM
Awesome report man.

jamze132
08-02-2006, 02:54 AM
Keep up the good work.

shelby
08-02-2006, 04:43 AM
Thanks!

THE END OF ALL DAYS
08-02-2006, 05:21 AM
thanks for the report!

Night Train
08-02-2006, 05:52 AM
Too much optimism.

Quit drinking the Kool-Aid and balance this out with more REALISM ! :respect:

NorthCarBills
08-02-2006, 05:58 AM
Great report and thank you for taking the time to post.

Jan Reimers
08-02-2006, 06:36 AM
Great report, BBS. Thanks.

Earthquake Enyart
08-02-2006, 07:00 AM
The big runs are going to be outside until everyone figures out this one gap stuff.

Nice job. Did you see Pat?

Mitchy moo
08-02-2006, 07:35 AM
Too much optimism.

Quit drinking the Kool-Aid and balance this out with more REALISM ! :respect:

Maybe we actually have a coaching staff this year and want to play ball. Wouldn't that confound the critics and naysayers?

HHURRICANE
08-02-2006, 08:07 AM
Maybe we actually have a coaching staff this year and want to play ball. Wouldn't that confound the critics and naysayers?

I have gone on record with this. The biggest improvemnt on this team will come from the coaching staff. There is no comparison between Jauron and MM. The Bills are not going to llok so mismatched this year. Guaranteed.

Bulldog
08-02-2006, 08:22 AM
I was really impressed with the burst that Anthony Thomas showed getting to the sideline on a few of his runs. He's quicker than I thought he was. Depending on how many RBs the Bills decide to keep, I would say that Shaud Williams is going to be the odd man out.

Michael82
08-02-2006, 08:27 AM
Great report, man! :bf1:

You must have had good seats, because we couldn't see crap! :ill:

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-02-2006, 10:22 AM
yeah I was pretty close. Got there early. Ko Simpson has just overall looked good to me. He's had a pick or two, but hes around the ball a lot. I agree that Shaud may be the odd man out.

DraftBoy
08-02-2006, 10:52 AM
Great to hear about Ko, He was a player at South Carolina and I wouldnt be surprised to see him push Vincent alot this year. If Whitner ever friggin signs can you imagine!!!!

ublinkwescore
08-02-2006, 11:39 AM
Whitner will sign.

ShadowHawk7
08-02-2006, 01:04 PM
Just to play the devil's advocate for a moment, about how our RBs are doing amazing; does that prove their talent, or our D's lack of run-stopping ability? We all know our front 7 are fast, yet smaller than most. Does that mean we will not be able to shut down running attacks? Does size really matter??

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-02-2006, 02:40 PM
I don't think you realize how big McCargo really is. His numbers are misleading. Most of the big runs were to the outside not up the middle so I don't think it had much to do with the DT's. Tripplett gives great effort. After Willis had a big gainer Tripplett ran up behind him and popped the ball out for a fumble to show a little extra effort. Anthony Thomas is pretty damn fast to the outside. Lionel Gates needs time on the field because he has done nothing but impress me both this camp and last. Shaud will be the odd man out in my opinion which sucks because I like him, but the others are just plain more talented. I have a feeling that in a couple years people are going to look back at Marv's choice of McCargo as a steal almost as opposed to a reach. He has really looked like the best linemen with Tripplett a very close second. Willis is hitting the hole with a lot more power and speed than last year which is great to see. Not a lot of the dancing around he was doing. I would say Willis could go for 1,500 yards at least this year if we can get any kind of play from the O-Line.

The last buffalo fan
08-02-2006, 02:51 PM
Thank you for the info, great and valuable information. :up:

shelby
08-02-2006, 07:49 PM
Thanks!!!!