PDA

View Full Version : Willis

patmoran2006
08-02-2006, 08:17 AM
This is the one subject I didnt really touch on that I really should've.. Because this is NOT being talked about with all the other stuff going on, but it deserves to be.

Wills McGahee doesnt just look "good" right now. He looks PHENOMINAL. He's both lighter and quicker to the naked eye, and he looks just as strong. He is REALLY getting to the oustide a hell of a lot better than he did last year, and MOST IMPORTANTLY- Fairchild is using him A LOT in the passing game. He was catching 20-25 yard passes from the QB, something I never thought I'd see in Buffalo.

Although he's not the same type of player-its VERY obvious to see that Fairchild is using Willis much the same ways that Marshall Faulk was used with the Rams. Put it this way- you aint going to be seeing much of Shaud Williams on third downs this year.

Forget that OTA crap, I think Willis is in as good a shape as ANYONE on this team.

And Anthony Thomas looks good too and I think you'll be seeing him as the backup (though Gates may have something to say about that-if he can get on the field more).

justasportsfan
08-02-2006, 09:24 AM
Yup, this guy is hitting the holes with tons of speed. You can easily see the difference between him and the others. With those bursts, I don't think the lb's are gonna want to tackle him. They are gonna hope he stiff arms them so they don't get hit by a bull.

EricStratton
08-02-2006, 09:52 AM
A quality back hitting the holes like he means it can make an average OL into a good one in a hurry.

If Willis can play like he's capable and become a threat he will improve everyone else on the team.

jamze132
08-02-2006, 09:53 AM
This is the one subject I didnt really touch on that I really should've.. Because this is NOT being talked about with all the other stuff going on, but it deserves to be.

Wills McGahee doesnt just look "good" right now. He looks PHENOMINAL. He's both lighter and quicker to the naked eye, and he looks just as strong. He is REALLY getting to the oustide a hell of a lot better than he did last year, and MOST IMPORTANTLY- Fairchild is using him A LOT in the passing game. He was catching 20-25 yard passes from the QB, something I never thought I'd see in Buffalo.

Although he's not the same type of player-its VERY obvious to see that Fairchild is using Willis much the same ways that Marshall Faulk was used with the Rams. Put it this way- you aint going to be seeing much of Shaud Williams on third downs this year.

Forget that OTA crap, I think Willis is in as good a shape as ANYONE on this team.

And Anthony Thomas looks good too and I think you'll be seeing him as the backup (though Gates may have something to say about that-if he can get on the field more).

Let's just hope that Willis is a beast this year! He has the potential to make the O-line and the QB look good.

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-02-2006, 10:24 AM
Pat is right Willis could have a HUGE year this year.

MTBillsFan
08-02-2006, 10:35 AM
Get Willis in open space and lets see what he can do! He's faster than any LB in the league and bigger and stronger than and DB or Saftey. I think having an OC that actually knows how to use the weapons on the team will help. Plus, isn't Willis playing for a contract this year?