PDA

View Full Version : What is the true reality of this team?

ICE74129
08-02-2006, 09:41 AM
Who knows? It hasn't been written yet.

But lets look at facts. Odds are greatly against this team when you look at facts and NFL history. New HC, GM, Systems, Players, Youth movement etc. I know TKO doesn't like the term 'rebuild' and Fletcher says 'Win now' but thats not that realistic.

here is whats realistic...drastic improvement. I don't give a rats bippy what our ending record is. What I and every bills fan wants to see is competitive improvement and I am betting the bank we see it.

JP has more than proven he is the guy. DJ after the first preseason game needs to stop the bull and let the kid have the reigns. The veterans need to get on board and lets get moving.

Offense in general, I love what we are going to do and how its going to happen. Athletic linemen with a little more bulk than the Denver crew. Smart move. Some size with increased athletism, GREAT MOVE! Depth at WR where 2-3 guys could be a #2 WR and 2-3 that are #3's. Better TE play, MUCH better system and play calling. After this OL has a full season under its belt, I think by next year we have an OL the media talks about.

Defense. Great system, still needs some more playmakers. Fletcher is getting old and contract is coming up. Spikes might not be 100% BUT HE DOESN'T HAVE TO BE in this defense. 90% and he is good enough to be a quality asset to the defense for 4 more years. Secondary, Whitner will end up being damn good for us. We still need to replace Clements at the end of this season. DL still doesnt' have a true LDE. But all of these things are fixable.

This team is a year away and a couple more players away from being a contender for the AFCE Title and even the AFC title. But I can see this team, if injuries dont kill us and they work together, cracking the .500 mark at 8-8.

Give JP 16 straight with the same OL....see how good we are at the end of the season and esp next year.

The JuiceBox Guy
08-02-2006, 10:31 AM
Who knows? It hasn't been written yet.

But lets look at facts. Odds are greatly against this team when you look at facts and NFL history. New HC, GM, Systems, Players, Youth movement etc. I know TKO doesn't like the term 'rebuild' and Fletcher says 'Win now' but thats not that realistic.

here is whats realistic...drastic improvement. I don't give a rats bippy what our ending record is. What I and every bills fan wants to see is competitive improvement and I am betting the bank we see it.

JP has more than proven he is the guy. DJ after the first preseason game needs to stop the bull and let the kid have the reigns. The veterans need to get on board and lets get moving.

Offense in general, I love what we are going to do and how its going to happen. Athletic linemen with a little more bulk than the Denver crew. Smart move. Some size with increased athletism, GREAT MOVE! Depth at WR where 2-3 guys could be a #2 WR and 2-3 that are #3's. Better TE play, MUCH better system and play calling. After this OL has a full season under its belt, I think by next year we have an OL the media talks about.

Defense. Great system, still needs some more playmakers. Fletcher is getting old and contract is coming up. Spikes might not be 100% BUT HE DOESN'T HAVE TO BE in this defense. 90% and he is good enough to be a quality asset to the defense for 4 more years. Secondary, Whitner will end up being damn good for us. We still need to replace Clements at the end of this season. DL still doesnt' have a true LDE. But all of these things are fixable.

This team is a year away and a couple more players away from being a contender for the AFCE Title and even the AFC title. But I can see this team, if injuries dont kill us and they work together, cracking the .500 mark at 8-8.

Give JP 16 straight with the same OL....see how good we are at the end of the season and esp next year.
I like and agree with almost everything you said with the exception that I think Spikes does have to be 100% or real close to it in this defense. We need Spikes to help offset a weaker defensive line

THE END OF ALL DAYS
08-02-2006, 10:32 AM
ICE! where ya been?

Good post.

ICE74129
08-02-2006, 11:04 AM
I like and agree with almost everything you said with the exception that I think Spikes does have to be 100% or real close to it in this defense. We need Spikes to help offset a weaker defensive line

JBG he won't be 100% this year. Heart has nothing to do with how fast a ligament or tendon heals. TIME dictates that. He should be as close to 100% as he is going to be this time next year, minus any setbacks.

TacklingDummy
08-02-2006, 11:27 AM

JP hasn't proven ANYTHING yet. He by far has the most talent of the 3 crap QBs the Bills have. If you want to say he is the proven least stinkest of stink with the most upside of becoming a nice smelling aroma. Then be my guest. If you want to say JP has PROVED something, he has proved that he is a bust. He hasn't proved he has what it takes to be our franchise QB yet. This year is when JP Proves he has what it takes or proves he is a bust. To say he has proved anything now is just make believe homerism.

Don't be surprised the Bills will be picking a QB with their first pick next year. I won't be. And then you will be right, next year will look good.

ICE74129
08-02-2006, 11:29 AM
TD, JP is a totally different QB now. Not only that, everyone expected way too much of him. The team wasn't good and he was a rookie. He was under way too much pressure to be 'Big Ben' and emulate his rookie results. That was unreasonable.

TacklingDummy
08-02-2006, 11:38 AM
TD, JP is a totally different QB now. Not only that, everyone expected way too much of him. The team wasn't good and he was a rookie. He was under way too much pressure to be 'Big Ben' and emulate his rookie results. That was unreasonable.

Looking good in the first couple of practices is not the same as looking good in a actual game against competition other then your own team. Pre-season games will be a better judgement then practices.

The Bills D may be crap and that's why both Holcomb and JP looked good last night. Real competition will be the judge.

Maybe JP will be good maybe he won't. One thing is for sure, we should find out this year and move on with either result.

FlyingDutchman
08-02-2006, 11:43 AM
Enter Op to tell us why the Bills suck.....