• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Speaking of character...kudos to Bob stoops

Hey the guy screwed up and Bob wont' put up with that crap regardless of who the player is. That kid has all but ruined his career with the drinking, his dad griping in the press and now this.

Now on the downside...we had a shot at the national championship this year. Oh well...
  • BidsJr
    • Sep 2002

Re: Speaking of character...kudos to Bob stoops

Originally posted by ICE74129
    http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/0806/349551.html

Hey the guy screwed up and Bob wont' put up with that crap regardless of who the player is. That kid has all but ruined his career with the drinking, his dad griping in the press and now this.

Now on the downside...we had a shot at the national championship this year. Oh well...
    You just better hope Kirk Ferentz never decides to bolt for the NFL.
    "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• ICE74129
      Legendary Zoner
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BidsJr
      You just better hope Kirk Ferentz never decides to bolt for the NFL.
      Nah Bob has turned down his aledged dream job. He is at OU for life.

Comment

• BidsJr
        • Sep 2002

Nah Bob has turned down his aledged dream job. He is at OU for life.
        It was never offered to him.

He had a rift with the now "former" AD Bob Bowlsby and was never even interviewed.

I love Kirk, but if he ever leaves my money is on Bobby being able to show off that Tigerhawk tatoo on his arm again. (:
        "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

It was never offered to him.

He had a rift with the now "former" AD Bob Bowlsby and was never even interviewed.

I love Kirk, but if he ever leaves my money is on Bobby being able to show off that Tigerhawk tatoo on his arm again. (:
          Nah. bob is in dream land. On his worst day we are still in the top 10 in the nation with a top 5 recruiting class each year. Tons of money etc. Bob knows he can become the next paterno, Bowden etal by staying at OU.

Comment

• BidsJr
            • Sep 2002

Nah. bob is in dream land. On his worst day we are still in the top 10 in the nation with a top 5 recruiting class each year. Tons of money etc. Bob knows he can become the next paterno, Bowden etal by staying at OU.
            Maybe you are right.

But I bet you sweat a bit when that day comes he has to make a choice.

Comment

• ICE74129
              Legendary Zoner
              • Feb 2005

Maybe you are right.

But I bet you sweat a bit when that day comes he has to make a choice.
              No cleveland and florida had me sweating. Besides Ferentz wont' go to the NFL. he is too smart too. He knows what he has there and how bad the NFL players can be. Kirk is set for life where he is.

Comment

• BidsJr
                • Sep 2002

I hope he doesn't go but he is set up for a huge 3 year run considering the schedule and the talent. He may want a new challenge. We'll see. I believe there is only one job on earth that Stoops would leave OU for and it ain't Cleveland or teh Gators.

Comment

• ICE74129
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

I hope he doesn't go but he is set up for a huge 3 year run considering the schedule and the talent. He may want a new challenge. We'll see. I believe there is only one job on earth that Stoops would leave OU for and it ain't Cleveland or teh Gators.
                  Yeah but you know some people are just meant to be somewhere and Kirk and Bob have thier places now.

Comment

• pintonick96
                    You guys are all nerds. Just give me team updates and STFU.
                    • Aug 2005

I think OU can still do something. Paul Thompson isn't great but he can play. Just remember, even Tee Martin won a national championship as a starting QB. Yes, Tee Martin.

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by pintonick96
                      I think OU can still do something. Paul Thompson isn't great but he can play. Just remember, even Tee Martin won a national championship as a starting QB. Yes, Tee Martin.
                      It won't be him, he is playing WR. Its going to be the Jr College kid we brought in

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Im not sure about dream land as far as recruiting goes, only the #9 recruiting class last year, with only one 5 start recruit, only 5 so far recruits in 07 all on the defensive side and none 5 star. He needs to step it up in a big way especially now that powers like Texas, ND, and Penn State are back on top of their games from down years in the past.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Richard Gozinya
                          • Jul 2006

http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/0806/349551.html

Hey the guy screwed up and Bob wont' put up with that crap regardless of who the player is.
                          Dusty Dvoracek is glad that statement is false.

Comment

• ICE74129
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                            Im not sure about dream land as far as recruiting goes, only the #9 recruiting class last year, with only one 5 start recruit, only 5 so far recruits in 07 all on the defensive side and none 5 star. He needs to step it up in a big way especially now that powers like Texas, ND, and Penn State are back on top of their games from down years in the past.
                            Texas isn't back, they just lost their entire team essentially. And I have to ask, how can you say we didn't have a 5 star athlete in recruiting when we landed the best DT in the nation In Gerald McCoy? And as for as #9 what poll was that. I have seen from #5-#8 depending on the site.

Side note: RB Demarco Murray was a 5 star RB and the top all around back in the nation, until he signed with OU instead of USC. Funny how all of a sudden his rating dropped LOL.

Comment

• ICE74129
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Richard Gozinya
                              Dusty Dvoracek is glad that statement is false.
                              dusty had an issue with booze. bob kicked him off of the team. Once he proved himself he was allowed back on.

as for as Rhett, his actions can cause the team to be put on probation and lose scholarships. Bob again did the right thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X