PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of character...kudos to Bob stoops

ICE74129
08-02-2006, 01:27 PM
http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/0806/349551.html

Hey the guy screwed up and Bob wont' put up with that crap regardless of who the player is. That kid has all but ruined his career with the drinking, his dad griping in the press and now this.

Now on the downside...we had a shot at the national championship this year. Oh well...:crap:

BidsJr
08-02-2006, 01:46 PM

Hey the guy screwed up and Bob wont' put up with that crap regardless of who the player is. That kid has all but ruined his career with the drinking, his dad griping in the press and now this.

Now on the downside...we had a shot at the national championship this year. Oh well...:crap:

You just better hope Kirk Ferentz never decides to bolt for the NFL.

ICE74129
08-02-2006, 01:51 PM
You just better hope Kirk Ferentz never decides to bolt for the NFL.

Nah Bob has turned down his aledged dream job. He is at OU for life.

BidsJr
08-02-2006, 01:54 PM
Nah Bob has turned down his aledged dream job. He is at OU for life.

It was never offered to him.

He had a rift with the now "former" AD Bob Bowlsby and was never even interviewed.

I love Kirk, but if he ever leaves my money is on Bobby being able to show off that Tigerhawk tatoo on his arm again. (:

ICE74129
08-02-2006, 01:56 PM
It was never offered to him.

He had a rift with the now "former" AD Bob Bowlsby and was never even interviewed.

I love Kirk, but if he ever leaves my money is on Bobby being able to show off that Tigerhawk tatoo on his arm again. (:

Nah. bob is in dream land. On his worst day we are still in the top 10 in the nation with a top 5 recruiting class each year. Tons of money etc. Bob knows he can become the next paterno, Bowden etal by staying at OU.

BidsJr
08-02-2006, 01:57 PM
Nah. bob is in dream land. On his worst day we are still in the top 10 in the nation with a top 5 recruiting class each year. Tons of money etc. Bob knows he can become the next paterno, Bowden etal by staying at OU.

Maybe you are right.

But I bet you sweat a bit when that day comes he has to make a choice.

ICE74129
08-02-2006, 02:00 PM
Maybe you are right.

But I bet you sweat a bit when that day comes he has to make a choice.

No cleveland and florida had me sweating. Besides Ferentz wont' go to the NFL. he is too smart too. He knows what he has there and how bad the NFL players can be. Kirk is set for life where he is.

BidsJr
08-02-2006, 02:02 PM
I hope he doesn't go but he is set up for a huge 3 year run considering the schedule and the talent. He may want a new challenge. We'll see. I believe there is only one job on earth that Stoops would leave OU for and it ain't Cleveland or teh Gators.

ICE74129
08-02-2006, 02:07 PM
I hope he doesn't go but he is set up for a huge 3 year run considering the schedule and the talent. He may want a new challenge. We'll see. I believe there is only one job on earth that Stoops would leave OU for and it ain't Cleveland or teh Gators.

Yeah but you know some people are just meant to be somewhere and Kirk and Bob have thier places now.

pintonick96
08-02-2006, 02:24 PM
I think OU can still do something. Paul Thompson isn't great but he can play. Just remember, even Tee Martin won a national championship as a starting QB. Yes, Tee Martin.

ICE74129
08-02-2006, 03:56 PM
I think OU can still do something. Paul Thompson isn't great but he can play. Just remember, even Tee Martin won a national championship as a starting QB. Yes, Tee Martin.

It won't be him, he is playing WR. Its going to be the Jr College kid we brought in

DraftBoy
08-02-2006, 04:12 PM

Im not sure about dream land as far as recruiting goes, only the #9 recruiting class last year, with only one 5 start recruit, only 5 so far recruits in 07 all on the defensive side and none 5 star. He needs to step it up in a big way especially now that powers like Texas, ND, and Penn State are back on top of their games from down years in the past.

Richard Gozinya
08-02-2006, 04:22 PM

Hey the guy screwed up and Bob wont' put up with that crap regardless of who the player is.

Dusty Dvoracek is glad that statement is false.

ICE74129
08-02-2006, 04:25 PM
Im not sure about dream land as far as recruiting goes, only the #9 recruiting class last year, with only one 5 start recruit, only 5 so far recruits in 07 all on the defensive side and none 5 star. He needs to step it up in a big way especially now that powers like Texas, ND, and Penn State are back on top of their games from down years in the past.

Texas isn't back, they just lost their entire team essentially. And I have to ask, how can you say we didn't have a 5 star athlete in recruiting when we landed the best DT in the nation In Gerald McCoy? And as for as #9 what poll was that. I have seen from #5-#8 depending on the site.

Side note: RB Demarco Murray was a 5 star RB and the top all around back in the nation, until he signed with OU instead of USC. Funny how all of a sudden his rating dropped LOL.

ICE74129
08-02-2006, 04:29 PM
Dusty Dvoracek is glad that statement is false.

dusty had an issue with booze. bob kicked him off of the team. Once he proved himself he was allowed back on.

as for as Rhett, his actions can cause the team to be put on probation and lose scholarships. Bob again did the right thing.

Richard Gozinya
08-02-2006, 05:06 PM
dusty had an issue with booze.

That's like saying OJ Simpson had an issue with cutlery. Dude almost beat his buddy to death in a drunken rage.

Then he gets a medical redshirt and a 6th year of eligibility for being a boozebag.

If Broadway Joe went to OU, they would've thrown a medical redshirt at him after his Suzy Kolber interview.

Hell, bring the wishbone back and put Mel Gibson and Nick Nolte in the backfield.

DraftBoy
08-02-2006, 08:52 PM
Texas isn't back, they just lost their entire team essentially. And I have to ask, how can you say we didn't have a 5 star athlete in recruiting when we landed the best DT in the nation In Gerald McCoy? And as for as #9 what poll was that. I have seen from #5-#8 depending on the site.

Side note: RB Demarco Murray was a 5 star RB and the top all around back in the nation, until he signed with OU instead of USC. Funny how all of a sudden his rating dropped LOL.

Rivals.com one of the most reliable if not the most reliable College Football Recruiting sites on the internet. They have you listed at #9. Also I said you guys got one 5 star athlete last year in McCoy. But Murray was all year the #2 all around purpose back in the nation behind Clemson signee CJ Spiller, 35th overall behind other RB's like Chris Wells (OSU), Spiller, Stafon Johnson (USC), James Aldridge (ND), and Micheal Goodson (Tx AM). And never went above a 4 star RB.

BidsJr
08-03-2006, 10:33 AM
Rivals.com one of the most reliable if not the most reliable College Football Recruiting sites on the internet. They have you listed at #9. Also I said you guys got one 5 star athlete last year in McCoy. But Murray was all year the #2 all around purpose back in the nation behind Clemson signee CJ Spiller, 35th overall behind other RB's like Chris Wells (OSU), Spiller, Stafon Johnson (USC), James Aldridge (ND), and Micheal Goodson (Tx AM). And never went above a 4 star RB.

Stars are overratted. Michigan and Texas always get huge classes and minus last season generally underachieve.

I'd take the 3 and 4* recruits at Oklahoma under Stoops than the 4 and 5* at Texas.

EricStratton
08-03-2006, 10:39 AM
Stoops really had to choice to do this, integrity or not.

The kid got caught breaking the law, if Bob didn't act first the NCAA would have for him.

ICE74129
08-03-2006, 10:44 AM

DB This is the Gods truth...Murray was rated top 10 overall and #1 all purpose before he signed with OU. I wrote them one hell of a note over the issue. The thing is he was USC's #1 guy they wanted and he balked to go OU. Thats how it was.

either way, #9? fine. When you call having the #9 class an off year, your program is fine. Not to mention the depth we have already and the JR college transfers. OU is going to be just fine

ICE74129
08-03-2006, 10:45 AM
Stoops really had to choice to do this, integrity or not.

The kid got caught breaking the law, if Bob didn't act first the NCAA would have for him.

Sure he did. he could have done like is done all over and found a way to validate the hours. He could have just suspended him as well. upon knowing stoops kicked his butt off the team. Kudos to bob

DraftBoy
08-03-2006, 11:08 AM
DB This is the Gods truth...Murray was rated top 10 overall and #1 all purpose before he signed with OU. I wrote them one hell of a note over the issue. The thing is he was USC's #1 guy they wanted and he balked to go OU. Thats how it was.

either way, #9? fine. When you call having the #9 class an off year, your program is fine. Not to mention the depth we have already and the JR college transfers. OU is going to be just fine

Whoever you use as your recruiting service news facite, you need to stop looking there bc never was there a time (since they were juniors) was CJ Spiller not the top all purpose back in the nation.

Also im not the one calling it an off year, but you are the one spouting off about a perenial top 5 recruiting class every year. If you take into consideration the fact that Oklahoma was almost out of the top 10 this year, and is not in the top 10 at this moment this year (of course subject ot change) puts a big dent in your every ear top 5 theory. I am not sure but I think they were 6th in the 05 class, but near the top or the top in 04 and 03. There is no question OU has the depth to easily get over this Bomar mistake. What do you think OU can do this year both prior to Bomar being kicked off and now.

ICE74129
08-03-2006, 12:06 PM
Whoever you use as your recruiting service news facite, you need to stop looking there bc never was there a time (since they were juniors) was CJ Spiller not the top all purpose back in the nation.

Also im not the one calling it an off year, but you are the one spouting off about a perenial top 5 recruiting class every year. If you take into consideration the fact that Oklahoma was almost out of the top 10 this year, and is not in the top 10 at this moment this year (of course subject ot change) puts a big dent in your every ear top 5 theory. I am not sure but I think they were 6th in the 05 class, but near the top or the top in 04 and 03. There is no question OU has the depth to easily get over this Bomar mistake. What do you think OU can do this year both prior to Bomar being kicked off and now.

First off it was Rivals that had murray rated that high. But you see rivals is a california based company. Funny how Murray sunk from 5 stars to 4 after not signing with USC.

That aside, I feel they are BETTER without Bomar. I never liked the kid. He has a crappy delivery and refuses to change it. He has been busted 2x for drinking just this fall alone. Before the Oregon game in Jan, they did an interview about him and us bringing in Hypel. he said 'Yeah he is great, did great things here and I will listen to him some, but I gotta do my own thing'. Sorry...no.

I like Joey Halzle. 6'4" decent arm, good head, but they are going with Thompson

ICE74129
08-03-2006, 04:19 PM
DB, With thompson starting this year and it his last year of being able to play, OU's issue comes from here on out. The problem is most all of the 07 top QB's have committed to a school. (personally I think thats dumb, but hey thats me).

This is going to make it tough from here on out. Peterson said he would stay for his SR season, but with Bomar gone and the future in question, he may just jump pro at the end of this year and I can't blame him.

DraftBoy
08-03-2006, 07:06 PM
DB, With thompson starting this year and it his last year of being able to play, OU's issue comes from here on out. The problem is most all of the 07 top QB's have committed to a school. (personally I think thats dumb, but hey thats me).

This is going to make it tough from here on out. Peterson said he would stay for his SR season, but with Bomar gone and the future in question, he may just jump pro at the end of this year and I can't blame him.

Thompson was announced the starter? I just see the Big 12 more wide open this year, but I dont think OU is out of the water yet, on Cold Pizza this morning they had the OU beat writer on and he said 20-25 OU players worked at that dealership including AP. Couldnt find a link, but that is not good news should the NCAA decide to attempt to start an investigation.

ICE74129
08-03-2006, 07:56 PM
Thompson was announced the starter? I just see the Big 12 more wide open this year, but I dont think OU is out of the water yet, on Cold Pizza this morning they had the OU beat writer on and he said 20-25 OU players worked at that dealership including AP. Couldnt find a link, but that is not good news should the NCAA decide to attempt to start an investigation.

The NCAA has apperantly known about this for 4 months. The Sooners just kept it quiet. The sooners are known for being as on top of things like this as you can be. There is no way to keep it from happening, but OU has done all they can, and thats all the NCAA asks for.

Not only that, When you are possibly favored for the Title and you can your starting Sophomore QB you were trying to build around, The NCAA takes notice and usually keeps out of it.

The sooners are fine with the NCAA.

As for the dealership, There is new ownership now and they won't hire student athletes and have been more than willing to cooperate with OU on this investigation.

I think Thompson will do ok. I think the Sooners still win the Big 12. Texas shot their wad last year and will look like OU did last year. no one else has the guns to compete.

Where we are screwed is QB after this year. I also think Peterson re thinks his comments about playing his sr year regardless of the outcome.