PDA

View Full Version : Youboty keeps Whitner up to date.

BuckWrestler149
08-02-2006, 02:39 PM
As the days roll by at Bills training camp without Donte Whitner, the Bills top pick is doing what he can to stay up to speed on what's being installed in Buffalo's defense. How is he doing it? By staying in contact with a former college teammate.

"He calls me every night to see what we have installed," said Bills third round pick Ashton Youboty. "He asked me what we've done and what we've been missing and I just tell him."

Youboty and Whitner played in the same secondary for the past three seasons at Ohio State, but they've yet to take the field together in pads as Buffalo Bills. Youboty who has been sidelined by a strained hamstring since last Saturday knows the time Whitner is missing is important.

"It's huge," said Youboty. "He understands that. I can't really speak for the man. He feels he needs to be here but he feels he's doing what's right for him and I believe he'll make the right decision whenever it comes."

Whitner has always been described as a player with such keen football smarts that he plays the game like a veteran. He will have some significant catching up to do in a system that asks a lot mentally of the strong safety.

"He's a fast learner," said Youboty. "But it's a lot to learn so it will take time for him to catch up."

So what have been Youboty's words of advice to his fellow rookie?

"I tell him to get his butt up here," said Youboty of his conversations with Whitner. "He's a man and he'll make his own decisions and I know he'll make the right one."

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3920

Michael82
08-02-2006, 02:43 PM
I love how Youboty can contact him but Marv and the front office can't. :rofl:

ublinkwescore
08-02-2006, 02:43 PM
He should be here regardless of his contract status.

ICE74129
08-02-2006, 03:20 PM
He should be here regardless of his contract status.

No he shouldn't. sorry man this is business. The NFLPA also has strict rules, no contract, no show. Now if Ralph wants to pay for the guy a 5 mill insurance policy incase he gets hurt, then maybe.

Earthquake Enyart
08-02-2006, 04:45 PM
I love how Youboty can contact him but Marv and the front office can't. :rofl:
:rofl:

Marv should ask him what Whitmer's number is.

Michael82
08-02-2006, 04:58 PM
:rofl:

Marv should ask him what Whitmer's number is.
EXACTLY! I'm surprised he hasn't tried this route yet or tried to convince Youboty to talk to Whitner for him.... :snicker:

ublinkwescore
08-02-2006, 05:01 PM
It's kinda nice to see Youboty displaying some leadership traits already though.

DraftBoy
08-02-2006, 10:16 PM
This is great news!

Richard Gozinya
08-02-2006, 10:29 PM
Right. A rookie that spends practice on the sidelines icing his leg can keep Billy Shiatner up to date on the intricacies of the offense.

Sheikh Yerbouty needs to worry about his own sorry ass not going the way of J.D. Williams.

ParanoidAndroid
08-02-2006, 10:55 PM
Right. A rookie that spends practice on the sidelines icing his leg can keep Billy Shiatner up to date on the intricacies of the offense.

Sheikh Yerbouty needs to worry about his own sorry ass not going the way of J.D. Williams.

Terrible post. Someone get the red ink pad out....I feel a :banned: coming on.

Richard Gozinya
08-02-2006, 11:24 PM
Terrible post. Someone get the red ink pad out....I feel a :banned: coming on.

I love my critics, sugartits.

jamze132
08-03-2006, 07:31 AM
I don't see anything wrong with Yabouty, or however you spell his name, talking to Whitner and updating him. He is going to play sometime this pre-season. What does it hurt to get updates from a friend? I wish Whitner was here so he could see what the hell Yabouty is talking about though.

ublinkwescore
08-03-2006, 09:21 AM
I love my critics, sugartits.

:rofl: sugartits...

patmoran2006
08-03-2006, 09:30 AM
Youboty will have plenty of time to talk to him this season, when they're both sitting on the sidelines when the starting defense is out there.

What a crock of **** he wont sign.. we did him a FAVOR picking him in the top 10, be reasonable and recipricate.