PDA

View Full Version : Hey Donte Whitner!

Michael82
08-02-2006, 02:42 PM
You can kiss the starting job goodbye. Nice job hiring a moron for an agent. :up:

Matt Bowen most likely wasn't going to start if u went to training camp and impressed like we believe you will. But then your idiot agent got greedy and wanted to make a name for himself which will probably cost you the starting job. Bowen has done a good job in camp and just got a sweet interception today! Nice one. :clap:

Mitchy moo
08-02-2006, 02:43 PM
It's a shame, he really needs to grow up and get on the field.

Mr. Cynical
08-02-2006, 02:46 PM
More sauce for the goose

patmoran2006
08-02-2006, 02:48 PM
Sure as hell aint making the Bills look very good right now, especially when Ngata could be in Tim Anderson's spot eating alive blockers.

I'll give him to the weekend to get into camp, if not this will get REALLY ugly in every way for both parties..

I hope when he finally gets in camp vets like FLetch and TKO remind him quickly of where he is.

Drive 4 Five
08-02-2006, 02:50 PM
More sauce for the goose

:wtf:

I don't believe I've ever heard that before.

Mr. Cynical
08-02-2006, 02:50 PM
Nothing says "good job" like reaching for a safety and not having him signed or starting.

Drive 4 Five
08-02-2006, 02:53 PM
Sure as hell aint making the Bills look very good right now, especially when Ngata could be in Tim Anderson's spot eating alive blockers.

I'll give him to the weekend to get into camp, if not this will get REALLY ugly in every way for both parties..

I hope when he finally gets in camp vets like FLetch and TKO remind him quickly of where he is.

Pat can you please shut the **** up already with that ****? How many times do we have to be reminded of this? We're really sorry that Levy didn't consult you "Mr. know it all" before he drafted Donte Whitner but what's done is done so get over it.

Drive 4 Five
08-02-2006, 02:55 PM
Man I am so sick of reading people post the same **** over and over and over and over and over and over and over....

ICE74129
08-02-2006, 02:55 PM
See I side with Whitner. There is a standard that the Bills must meet for the #8 pick esp with the guys on each side of him being signed.

X amount of years (5 instead of 6), a certain amount of Signing bonus, guaranteed money and overall money.

Sorry guys that is the way it is. I said in GR8's post that I had concerns about Ralph and marvs old school thinking and this is certainly validating my concerns. I don't feel they want to guarantee much at all and thats not how todays NFL works.

Whitners agent knows what his client is entitled to and is sticking to his guns. If MARV keeps screwing around, he will flat out lose the #8 pick and Whitner will go back into next years draft. Then what? It sure will be hell getting quality FA's and no one will want to be drafted by us in the first round.

ICE74129
08-02-2006, 02:57 PM
Nothing says "good job" like reaching for a safety and not having him signed or starting.

It was a reach, but he is a damn good player. that said, it appears ralph and marv need to get up to speed on the way contracts are done in 06

Mitchy moo
08-02-2006, 02:59 PM
More sauce for the goose

Spock to LT. Savik in Star trek 2 the wrath of Kahn (the best star trek movie)

Star trek 6- the undiscovered country - cloaked romulan commander General Chang.

Michael82
08-02-2006, 03:15 PM
See I side with Whitner. There is a standard that the Bills must meet for the #8 pick esp with the guys on each side of him being signed.

X amount of years (5 instead of 6), a certain amount of Signing bonus, guaranteed money and overall money.

Sorry guys that is the way it is. I said in GR8's post that I had concerns about Ralph and marvs old school thinking and this is certainly validating my concerns. I don't feel they want to guarantee much at all and thats not how todays NFL works.

Whitners agent knows what his client is entitled to and is sticking to his guns. If MARV keeps screwing around, he will flat out lose the #8 pick and Whitner will go back into next years draft. Then what? It sure will be hell getting quality FA's and no one will want to be drafted by us in the first round.
Marv said that he's offering him what he considers a fair offer. It's lower than the 7th pick, but better than the 9th. :up:

ICE74129
08-02-2006, 03:18 PM
Marv said that he's offering him what he considers a fair offer. It's lower than the 7th pick, but better than the 9th. :up:

And Marv has done how many contracts? I am sure a buffalo nickle and a spot on the roster is 'fair' to marv. :bandwagon

I think there are two things stalling. 1) guaranteed money, 2) length of contract and I feel the Bills are responsible for both log jams. You are correct, the money etc should be clear cut. I think its the Bills balking on both issues.

Michael82
08-02-2006, 03:26 PM
And Marv has done how many contracts? I am sure a buffalo nickle and a spot on the roster is 'fair' to marv. :bandwagon

I think there are two things stalling. 1) guaranteed money, 2) length of contract and I feel the Bills are responsible for both log jams. You are correct, the money etc should be clear cut. I think its the Bills balking on both issues.
Marv isn't the one handling the contracts. It's still Jim Overdorf, one of the best cap/contract guys around. :up:

ICE74129
08-02-2006, 03:27 PM
Marv isn't the one handling the contracts. It's still Jim Overdorf, one of the best cap/contract guys around. :up:

It doesn't matter. If #7 got so much guaranteed, and so did #9 they have to pay whitner inbetween that. No getting around it.

Michael82
08-02-2006, 03:31 PM
It doesn't matter. If #7 got so much guaranteed, and so did #9 they have to pay whitner inbetween that. No getting around it.
they showed this year that they havent had a problem with signing bonuses. apparently you missed that this agent is the same ****ing moron that has held out a few other times and is the same agent/agency that Vinatieri fired.

BillsNick
08-02-2006, 03:46 PM
Spock to LT. Savik in Star trek 2 the wrath of Kahn (the best star trek movie)

Star trek 6- the undiscovered country - cloaked romulan commander General Chang.

Geek

Mitchy moo
08-02-2006, 03:53 PM
Geek

Is that nice??

BillsNick
08-02-2006, 04:29 PM
Is that nice??

I'm sorry. Let me rephrase that so as to not get another warning for such nasty words.

"That was a "geeky" post":cry:

HAMMER
08-02-2006, 04:49 PM

Why do you think this is the case, have you spoken to anyone in the organization lately? Or is it just your negative view of the Bills rearing it's ugly head again? You have no idea what has been offered, how it is structured, etc. But it is the Bills fault?

Mr. Cynical
08-02-2006, 06:27 PM
It was a reach, but he is a damn good player. that said, it appears ralph and marv need to get up to speed on the way contracts are done in 06

They are up to speed in 06....1906, that is. :snicker:

Nighthawk
08-02-2006, 06:46 PM
Holy crap! We will throw money at average players like Royal, Price & Reed, but we can't give a possible star SS who we drafted in the first round, an extra $1.1 million? Huh?