• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Not this garbage again!! JP is screwed!

Pat Kirwan quotes from NFL Network:

"The players I spoke with, especially from the defensive side of the ball, feel Holcomb gives them the best chance to win, but they do recognize Losman is better this season."

"When Losman came to talk with me, he came alone. When Holcomb came by, he was with Willis McGahee. Everything counts in this battle, and developing relationships with your teammates is always a factor."

How bad does Holcomb have to suck. I'm starting to think that JP is gay and he is getting black balled. I am not joking. What is the deal!! Did Willis show up to push Holcomb on air?!!

I thought Holcomb was a good pick up 2 years ago. Now I regret that he is here!!
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

Re: Not this garbage again!! JP is screwed!

Performance will dicatate who starts, not popularity.

Comment

• ICE74129
      Legendary Zoner
      • Feb 2005

Here is the deal, Fletcher and TKO are 'win now'. That is his 'players on the defensive side of the ball'. All veterans want a veteran QB and dont' have the time for a QB to develop.

But like in NY, Cinci etc they were told to shut up, do their jobs. they did and look at manning and palmer now. Bottom line, JP looks better than holcomb and just needs playing time. Everyone knows we won't be going anywhere with holcomb at the helm. Its beyond time for DJ to name JP the starter and be done with it.

If veterans have an issue with it....see what happened to Adams, Campbell, moulds etc.

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
        • Aug 2005

This is bull**** I will be royally pissed if Holcomb starts this year.
        SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
          • May 2003

Well J.P. Losman has to play well and earn their respect. Plain and simple. And from what I have read and heard, so far he hasn't done a damn thing to clearly establish himself as the better QB.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

I don't think Dick and Marv would care what the players have to say.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• L.A. Playa
              • Aug 2003

every sportswriter these days reads into every little thing they see these days to have the "scoop" so what Willis came with Holcomb, maybe they had a Madden game last night or where setting up a tourney tonite that doesnt mean Willis like Holcomb more than JP, unless a writer quotes names speciifically its all BS its called irresponsible journalism

Comment

• RedEyE
                • Jul 2002

Both Levy and Jauron rely on teaching more than coaching. The young guy gets the nod IMO. Maybe not from day one, but somewhere during the course of the year JP takes the helm. At this point in his career, you can only teach Holcomb so much. He's on a downwrd slide and his upward momentum wasn't all that impressive. If JP fails to get the job done, then look for another young QB short on the horizon.

Comment

• BigGabes23
                  • Mar 2006

If he can't beet out Holcome, and none of the players respect him, then he isn't going to do a darn thing in the NFL... I am a JP fan, but if he truly is "the guy" he should be able to win the Job and the respect of his teammates.

Time will tell.

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Drive 4 Five
                    Well J.P. Losman has to play well and earn their respect. Plain and simple. And from what I have read and heard, so far he hasn't done a damn thing to clearly establish himself as the better QB.
                    sure he has. Better arm, making better decisions, better attitude. Bottom line Holcomb can't do what JP can other than check down. And I can tell you this, QB competitions are crap. I have tried to say this from day one. Depending how you set them up decides who seperates themselfs from the other.

33 year old declining from an average backup QB, or a 25 year old up and comer with the same skillset. Who do you start? you start the 25 year old and let him continue to get better.

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by biggabes21
                      If he can't beet out Holcome, and none of the players respect him, then he isn't going to do a darn thing in the NFL... I am a JP fan, but if he truly is "the guy" he should be able to win the Job and the respect of his teammates.

Time will tell.
                      yes and no. Its never that simple. Some guys just dont want him or like him. Nothing can change that. Some don't want him because they want a vet QB that buddies with them. JP isn't that way. So earning their respect is something he may never do. That means some of those vets need to go because they are too closed minded and that isn't a winning TEAM attitude to have.

They should have come in with a clean slate and if this article has any truth to it, they didn't.

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
                        • May 2003

I'm rooting for Losman but the best man should start and if that happens to be Holcomb then so be it. Look how long it took McNair to unseat Chris Chandler. Losman may be able to throw a pass through abrick wall but if he can't make the proper reads or float an out to a RB or TE and put the ball in the right place to assure max YAC then he doesn't deserve to start.

Comment

• The_Philster
                          • Jul 2002

If they want "win now" they don't want Holcomb. He does just enough to not lose. Those types of QBs rarely get it done over the long haul. We need a QB who can help the team win...and someone who can't even utilize all the speed we have at WR doesn't fit that description.
                          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

I think the defensive players like Holcomb better since they don't have to run so much when KH is throwing since his throws fizzles out after 10 yds.

As for Willis, since KH can only throw for 5-10 yds, it falls perfectly into Willis' hands coming from the backfield. He would have to run deeper w/ JP.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
                              • May 2003

I don't think anyone is discounting that Losman has improved but in order to lead this team, he is going to have to clearly seperate himself from the other two. It is all about respect with these guys and the only way to earn that is with exceptional performance.

Comment

Working...
                              X