• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

1.1 mill apart on guaranteed money

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

15 mill guaranteed for Huff, 12.1 for Mills. the average of that is 13.55 mill guaranteed. It seems to me from that report, Whitners agent is right in asking for nearly 14 mill.
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: 1.1 mill apart on guaranteed money

He's bad at math.

Comment

• BillsFever21
      • Aug 2004

All of this over a million dollars in guranteed money? If he's any good he's gonna see it anyway while playing out the contract.

If he isn't any good then is a million dollars worth him missing camp?

I mean seriously. They gave Craig Nall over 2 million in gurantees and players like Josh Reed and Peerless Price almost 4 million in gurantees. Now they are worried about 1 million dollars?

This is pathetic. Get the deal done and get him in camp.

Comment

• BillsFever21
        • Aug 2004

Whitner is also a greedy SOB too. Missing all this camp over this. He's getting a million more in gurantees then Ernie Simms and he's getting multiple millions more then he would've received had we not drafted him higher then anybody else had him on their radar.

Comment

• Stewie
          Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
          • Aug 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever21
          Whitner is also a greedy SOB too. Missing all this camp over this. He's getting a million more in gurantees then Ernie Simms and he's getting multiple millions more then he would've received had we not drafted him higher then anybody else had him on their radar.
          By this logic, eveyrone should take the same pay as mr irrelevant, because teams did them a favor by drafting them where they did.
          Originally posted by Topdog
          Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
          Originally posted by mercyrule
          I love Weiner.
          Originally posted by mercyrule
          also cheese

Comment

• BillsFever21
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by paulB
            By this logic, eveyrone should take the same pay as mr irrelevant, because teams did them a favor by drafting them where they did.
            Did I say he should take less money then the guys drafted behind him? He's getting more then Simms. It's close enough where the deal should be done.

I just clearly stated he was drafted higher then most teams were gonna draft him. I didn't say he should get less money then them.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

If you split the difference between $12.9M and $14M, you get very close to the $13.55M figure, $13.45M I think, without a calculator.

Come on, guys, compromise and get this deal done!
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ICE74129
                Legendary Zoner
                • Feb 2005

All of this over a million dollars in guranteed money? If he's any good he's gonna see it anyway while playing out the contract.

If he isn't any good then is a million dollars worth him missing camp?

I mean seriously. They gave Craig Nall over 2 million in gurantees and players like Josh Reed and Peerless Price almost 4 million in gurantees. Now they are worried about 1 million dollars?

This is pathetic. Get the deal done and get him in camp.
                You are right on one issue, its pathetic. It's pathetic if the Bills are balking at 13.5 mill in guaranteed money. That is the slotted amount thanks to 7 and 9 signing. The bills have to pay it.

Comment

• ICE74129
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

Did I say he should take less money then the guys drafted behind him? He's getting more then Simms. It's close enough where the deal should be done.

I just clearly stated he was drafted higher then most teams were gonna draft him. I didn't say he should get less money then them.
                  Its not an issue of getting more than simms, its an issue of being paid what he should be paid.

Bottom line, he was drafted 8th. The Bills have to reach the middle between Simms and Huff. That is about 13.55 mil in guaranteed money. Not 1.1 mill less.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

Originally posted by ICE74129
                    You are right on one issue, its pathetic. It's pathetic if the Bills are balking at 13.5 mill in guaranteed money. That is the slotted amount thanks to 7 and 9 signing. The bills have to pay it.
                    You are absolutely right.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

Whitner's too high, Marv's too low. Both sides should realize that 13.5 is about right.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by ICE74129
                        Its not an issue of getting more than simms, its an issue of being paid what he should be paid.

Bottom line, he was drafted 8th. The Bills have to reach the middle between Simms and Huff. That is about 13.55 mil in guaranteed money. Not 1.1 mill less.
                        Read the article again, Ice. The Bills aren't offering 12.45...it's 12.9
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                          Roways rooking ahread!
                          • Sep 2005

Split the difference & let's get his *** on the field.

Comment

• acehole
                            • Jan 2006

Hey now you dont know that.

You hire an agent....he tells you what to do.....and you do it.

I do think if anymore significant time goes by......witner will put his agent in his place.
                            Hated by the stupid..
                            Loved by their moms.

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

yeah.. because a million dollars is chump change.
                              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                              X