• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

If Holcomb is the starter...

...at the home opener against the Jets, without JP being injured, how many people here will boo him when his name gets announced before the game or when he first takes the field with the rest of the offense?
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • Meathead
    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
    • Jul 2002

Re: If Holcomb is the starter...

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

to anybody that would boo holcomb
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
      Maybe?
      • Oct 2003

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

If anyone boos a player under those circumstances, he can't in all honesty, call himself a Bills fan.

I want JP starting because he provides us a better shot at the Super Bowl down the road and judging from camp so far, can do a better job this year as well. But booing the QB because you don't think he should be starting? That's pretty much the same thing as rooting against your team, IMO
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

I can't til I see how he performs.

Booing him until he proves otherwise is the way some people do things around here.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by The_Philster
            If anyone boos a player under those circumstances, he can't in all honesty, call himself a Bills fan.

I want JP starting because he provides us a better shot at the Super Bowl down the road and judging from camp so far, can do a better job this year as well. But booing the QB because you don't think he should be starting? That's pretty much the same thing as rooting against your team, IMO
            I disagree 100%. He is a career backup and should know his role. If Marv and DJ allow Holcomb to start its not only a wasted season, but it shows they didn't do enough to get a quality starter on this team.

Yeah I will boo the guy. I don't like him, I don't like anything about him. He is a problem on this team.

Comment

• The_Philster
              • Jul 2002

so you'd sooner see the team lose than win with someone you don't like?
              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                I disagree 100%. He is a career backup and should know his role. If Marv and DJ allow Holcomb to start its not only a wasted season, but it shows they didn't do enough to get a quality starter on this team.

Yeah I will boo the guy. I don't like him, I don't like anything about him. He is a problem on this team.
                Doe I lie?

While you're at it, you should boooo JP as well for not being able to beat out a career back up in a LEGITIMATE qb competition. KH at this point in time does not have a clear cut advantage since they are both starting from scratch w/ a new offense. JP has just as much experience in this O as KH.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
                  • Aug 2005

I will probably boo him, but I will still hope he does good.
                  SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• RedEyE
                    • Jul 2002

I wouldn't boo him either. I just want this team to go out and exceed expectations no matter who is on the first team. Just get it done!

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
                      • May 2003

Comment

• ICE74129
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

so you'd sooner see the team lose than win with someone you don't like?
                        Where did I say that? You are reading into my comments and taking liberties with them.

I can't stand holcomb, and apperantly from your other thread, neither can the browns fans that had to put up with him. We see the same thing. I never said I would boo the Bills, But I will boo holcomb.

Sorry phil every fan has that right and is still a fan of the team. Esp when they know that player playing is a liability, not an asset, to the team.

Comment

• ICE74129
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                          Doe I lie?

While you're at it, you should boooo JP as well for not being able to beat out a career back up in a LEGITIMATE qb competition. KH at this point in time does not have a clear cut advantage since they are both starting from scratch w/ a new offense. JP has just as much experience in this O as KH.
                          Do you lie about what? Here are the facts, 33 years old, 10+ year vet. he is going to have an advantage regardless. To say he doesnt' have one due to it being a new system is wrong. He had the advantage and when JP started catching up, lost it according to all accounts.

It isn't a LEGITIMATE competition. I have tried to teach you guys from a coaching standpoint, its pure crap. They are set up to have one guy win. This will start to become more evident. The first preseason game will show this. Watch what TYPES of plays each gets. If JP hands off more, and holcomb throws more, it shows they favor holcomb. If all of a sudden all the plays called favors JP's skillset and not Holcombs it favors JP. I feel what you will see is both get = passing plays. What you will see is deeper patterns ran for JP and lesser with an attempt to dump the ball and let the WR run with it, when Holcomb is in there. This is a clear cut advantage for holcomb. It will allow him that high completion % again and make it look better than he is.

If you want = then call the exact same plays regardless for both guys. Have 5-7 passing, 3-5 running and thats it to choose from. Don't use 'Well down and distance forced us to run more with (insert QB's name here) in there' Excuse.

But I guarantee you it won't happen that way. Sorry justa There is no such thing as a 'legit' Comp between QB's. I know better.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

I want JP starting because he provides us a better shot at the Super Bowl
                            I agree. We need JP to start. He gives us the best chance at having the worst record and being able to draft Brady Quinn. Quinn is our best chance at getting to the Super Bowl in the future.

With KH starting we may go 5-11/6-10. Theres no shot at Quinn with that record.

With JP starting the Bills could go 2-14/3-13. That should be good enough to get Quinn.

Comment

• The_Philster
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                              Where did I say that? You are reading into my comments and taking liberties with them.

I can't stand holcomb, and apperantly from your other thread, neither can the browns fans that had to put up with him. We see the same thing. I never said I would boo the Bills, But I will boo holcomb.

Sorry phil every fan has that right and is still a fan of the team. Esp when they know that player playing is a liability, not an asset, to the team.
                              That's why I asked you the question, ICE. Personally, I think booing a member of your team before he's even played a down that day isn't something a fan would do....because essentially, you're booing the team. I'd rather see a player I don't like play well and surprise me than have him prove me right and suck

Comment

Working...
                              X