PDA

View Full Version : If Holcomb is the starter...

YardRat
08-02-2006, 06:17 PM
...at the home opener against the Jets, without JP being injured, how many people here will boo him when his name gets announced before the game or when he first takes the field with the rest of the offense?

Meathead
08-02-2006, 06:19 PM
booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

to anybody that would boo holcomb

Mr. Cynical
08-02-2006, 06:22 PM
:rolleyes:

The_Philster
08-02-2006, 06:24 PM
If anyone boos a player under those circumstances, he can't in all honesty, call himself a Bills fan. :down:

I want JP starting because he provides us a better shot at the Super Bowl down the road and judging from camp so far, can do a better job this year as well. But booing the QB because you don't think he should be starting? That's pretty much the same thing as rooting against your team, IMO

justasportsfan
08-02-2006, 06:33 PM
I can't til I see how he performs.

Booing him until he proves otherwise is the way some people do things around here.

ICE74129
08-02-2006, 06:35 PM
If anyone boos a player under those circumstances, he can't in all honesty, call himself a Bills fan. :down:

I want JP starting because he provides us a better shot at the Super Bowl down the road and judging from camp so far, can do a better job this year as well. But booing the QB because you don't think he should be starting? That's pretty much the same thing as rooting against your team, IMO

I disagree 100%. He is a career backup and should know his role. If Marv and DJ allow Holcomb to start its not only a wasted season, but it shows they didn't do enough to get a quality starter on this team.

Yeah I will boo the guy. I don't like him, I don't like anything about him. He is a problem on this team.

The_Philster
08-02-2006, 06:38 PM
so you'd sooner see the team lose than win with someone you don't like?

justasportsfan
08-02-2006, 06:38 PM
I disagree 100%. He is a career backup and should know his role. If Marv and DJ allow Holcomb to start its not only a wasted season, but it shows they didn't do enough to get a quality starter on this team.

Yeah I will boo the guy. I don't like him, I don't like anything about him. He is a problem on this team.Doe I lie? :D

While you're at it, you should boooo JP as well for not being able to beat out a career back up in a LEGITIMATE qb competition. KH at this point in time does not have a clear cut advantage since they are both starting from scratch w/ a new offense. JP has just as much experience in this O as KH.

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-02-2006, 06:49 PM
I will probably boo him, but I will still hope he does good.

RedEyE
08-02-2006, 06:50 PM
I wouldn't boo him either. I just want this team to go out and exceed expectations no matter who is on the first team. Just get it done!

Drive 4 Five
08-02-2006, 07:06 PM
:sigh:

ICE74129
08-02-2006, 07:08 PM
so you'd sooner see the team lose than win with someone you don't like?

Where did I say that? You are reading into my comments and taking liberties with them.

I can't stand holcomb, and apperantly from your other thread, neither can the browns fans that had to put up with him. We see the same thing. I never said I would boo the Bills, But I will boo holcomb.

Sorry phil every fan has that right and is still a fan of the team. Esp when they know that player playing is a liability, not an asset, to the team.

ICE74129
08-02-2006, 07:13 PM
Doe I lie? :D

While you're at it, you should boooo JP as well for not being able to beat out a career back up in a LEGITIMATE qb competition. KH at this point in time does not have a clear cut advantage since they are both starting from scratch w/ a new offense. JP has just as much experience in this O as KH.

Do you lie about what? Here are the facts, 33 years old, 10+ year vet. he is going to have an advantage regardless. To say he doesnt' have one due to it being a new system is wrong. He had the advantage and when JP started catching up, lost it according to all accounts.

It isn't a LEGITIMATE competition. I have tried to teach you guys from a coaching standpoint, its pure crap. They are set up to have one guy win. This will start to become more evident. The first preseason game will show this. Watch what TYPES of plays each gets. If JP hands off more, and holcomb throws more, it shows they favor holcomb. If all of a sudden all the plays called favors JP's skillset and not Holcombs it favors JP. I feel what you will see is both get = passing plays. What you will see is deeper patterns ran for JP and lesser with an attempt to dump the ball and let the WR run with it, when Holcomb is in there. This is a clear cut advantage for holcomb. It will allow him that high completion % again and make it look better than he is.

If you want = then call the exact same plays regardless for both guys. Have 5-7 passing, 3-5 running and thats it to choose from. Don't use 'Well down and distance forced us to run more with (insert QB's name here) in there' Excuse.

But I guarantee you it won't happen that way. Sorry justa There is no such thing as a 'legit' Comp between QB's. I know better.

TacklingDummy
08-02-2006, 07:16 PM
I want JP starting because he provides us a better shot at the Super Bowl

I agree. We need JP to start. He gives us the best chance at having the worst record and being able to draft Brady Quinn. Quinn is our best chance at getting to the Super Bowl in the future.

With KH starting we may go 5-11/6-10. Theres no shot at Quinn with that record.

With JP starting the Bills could go 2-14/3-13. That should be good enough to get Quinn.

The_Philster
08-02-2006, 07:24 PM
Where did I say that? You are reading into my comments and taking liberties with them.

I can't stand holcomb, and apperantly from your other thread, neither can the browns fans that had to put up with him. We see the same thing. I never said I would boo the Bills, But I will boo holcomb.

Sorry phil every fan has that right and is still a fan of the team. Esp when they know that player playing is a liability, not an asset, to the team.
That's why I asked you the question, ICE. Personally, I think booing a member of your team before he's even played a down that day isn't something a fan would do....because essentially, you're booing the team. I'd rather see a player I don't like play well and surprise me than have him prove me right and suck

ICE74129
08-02-2006, 08:25 PM
That's why I asked you the question, ICE. Personally, I think booing a member of your team before he's even played a down that day isn't something a fan would do....because essentially, you're booing the team. I'd rather see a player I don't like play well and surprise me than have him prove me right and suck

But phil this isn't a rookie that will get better. This is a career backup that causes issues where he goes. He has had his shot, failed over and over and over. The guy just doesnt' have it and we all know it. I am booing Holcomb.

The_Philster
08-02-2006, 08:26 PM
well..I think the chances of him ever improving are miniscule at best...but I can't completely write off anything in the NFL today :idunno:

ICE74129
08-02-2006, 08:28 PM
well..I think the chances of him ever improving are miniscule at best...but I can't completely write off anything in the NFL today :idunno:

I understand what you are saying, but not only was he never that good, he even started declining during last season. He keeps getting older, he isn't going to get a new arm transplant any time soon to make him better.

djjimkelly
08-02-2006, 08:44 PM
someone should buy a shotgun and use it on holcomb if hes the starter WAITING FOR MY NEGS

THE END OF ALL DAYS
08-02-2006, 08:44 PM
I dont boo anyone. Period.

bills suk
08-02-2006, 08:51 PM
It sucks to know your season is doomed before it even starts. I hate it when that happens.

jmb1099
08-03-2006, 06:13 AM
No sense in booing him for coming out of the tunnel. Throwing a 3 yard pass on 4th and seven=boo
fumble= boo sack =boo int = boo stupid press conference = boo 5 yard passes when receivers open 40 yards down field = boo

don137
08-03-2006, 06:37 AM
I cheer the team wearing the Bills helmet and not the individual. It's not Holcomb's fault he is the starter nor should he be booed. Even if he does suck He's trying to help the Bills win. He should not be booed for that.

Jan Reimers
08-03-2006, 06:59 AM
I'm a Bills' fan first and foremost, so I'll root like Hell for Holcomb, even though I believe JP should be the starter.

And I'll give Holcomb every chance. If he plays well, I'll cheer him. But if he stinks, I'll boo him - and Jauron for the decision.

patmoran2006
08-03-2006, 07:18 AM
...at the home opener against the Jets, without JP being injured, how many people here will boo him when his name gets announced before the game or when he first takes the field with the rest of the offense?
If Holcomb is the starter our 2 year rebuilding plan just became a 3-4 year plan.

djjimkelly
08-03-2006, 08:48 AM
If Holcomb is the starter our 2 year rebuilding plan just became a 3-4 year plan.

sadly for once i have to agree with pat

Historian
08-03-2006, 08:50 AM

I'm booing YardRat for starting this innane thread.

:down:

OpIv37
08-03-2006, 08:50 AM
I won't boo him at the beginning of the game.

If it's halftime and he's 3 for 11 for 19 yards and JP is sitting on the bench for that garbage, then I'll boo him.

lordofgun
08-03-2006, 08:58 AM
If Holcomb starts, I'll boo Jauron.

KMA
08-03-2006, 09:07 AM

And Levy.

It's interesting how when Holcomb signed here everyone thought he'd be a great backup but little else. Now, many of those same people think he should start.

If Holcomb starts then we'll have a proven backup in a starting role with just one more year of not knowing what we have with Losman before he leaves permanently for good or for bad. Then it's Nall or a free agent QB or another rookie.

If Holcomb starts, I'd get used to seeing a few more losing seasons.

Are Levy and Jauron destined to repeat the mistakes of Donahoe and Mularkey?

Meathead
08-03-2006, 10:00 AM
booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

hoo

gawd youz r whiners

justasportsfan
08-03-2006, 10:07 AM

But I guarantee you it won't happen that way. Sorry justa There is no such thing as a 'legit' Comp between QB's. I know better.when I said legit, I meant whoever wins it earned it unlike last year where Losman was handed the job. Neither KH nor JP are Marv or Dicks hire.

Iehoshua
08-03-2006, 12:00 PM
...except Rob Johnson, but he had it coming!

:D

finsrclowns
08-03-2006, 12:29 PM
Booing a guy because he's in there is well, ******ed. It's not his decision. Should Holcomb say, "nah, let Losman play, I'm a career backup"? :oops:

Losman has no excuses this year. If KH sucks as bad as some of you think then you won't have to worry, Losman will be in there and he'll have earned it. If he isn't it's his own fault.

Bill Cody
08-03-2006, 12:31 PM
I agree. We need JP to start. He gives us the best chance at having the worst record and being able to draft Brady Quinn. Quinn is our best chance at getting to the Super Bowl in the future.

With JP starting the Bills could go 2-14/3-13. That should be good enough to get Quinn.

Hammer meet nail.

THATHURMANATOR
08-03-2006, 12:32 PM
I would cheer my heart out for him then spill a beer on phil...

ICE74129
08-03-2006, 02:27 PM
when I said legit, I meant whoever wins it earned it unlike last year where Losman was handed the job. Neither KH nor JP are Marv or Dicks hire.

From mikes report today holcomb got nearly all the snaps with the first string. JP with the 2nd and had tons of pressure. What is legit about that?

Nothing. I have tried a million times to tell you guys, its BS. It will be sided one way and DJ is starting to show who he wants to start. By the end of the preseason you guys will see it when looking back onthe preseason.

justasportsfan
08-03-2006, 02:37 PM
You're overreacting to soon ICE. The other day JP was taking snaps w/ Faichild beside him while JP was working w/ the TE's and Holcomb was working w/ the wr's. I'd love to see your interpretation for that.

In Chris Browns past report, JP had more snaps.

Unless we're on the field overselves listening to what's going on, anything we say is merely opinion. We all need to stop second guessing here or reading into things too much.

Mitchy moo
08-03-2006, 02:51 PM
I'll be out in the lot drunk when they annouce the players, I usually stroll in about mid first quarter. I did that at the away Miami game last year and we we're up by 2 scores already, I think you know the rest.

Michael82
08-03-2006, 04:20 PM
I will boo him the moment he throws another 2 yard pass on 4th and 7. :ill:

I will boo him the first time he tries going deep and gets intercepted. :ill:

I will boo him if he throws a 3-yard pass on 3rd and 12. :ill:

bills_7
08-03-2006, 04:27 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

we should have signed tim couch instead of holcomb in the first place but thats a different story

its as simple as this... winning with JP gets me excited.... winning with holcomb is boring

is it bad that when ever he plays i hope he gets hurt lol... just like whn flutie didnt play i was wait for RJ to go down.. does that make me a bad fan

and why did Losman cut his hair!... hope he is growing it back makes him look cool lol

Michael82
08-03-2006, 04:39 PM
No sense in booing him for coming out of the tunnel. Throwing a 3 yard pass on 4th and seven=boo
fumble= boo sack =boo int = boo stupid press conference = boo 5 yard passes when receivers open 40 yards down field = boo
Great post!!! :bf1:

Michael82
08-03-2006, 04:41 PM
FIRE THE COACH would be a good chant for that. :up:

TigerJ
08-03-2006, 04:46 PM
I will cheer for him and the Bills, but I will be far less optimistic about the Bills' season. I think if Holcomb is QB, the Bills will have a booooooring offence and will win 4 or 5 games, and be in the Brady Quinn derby next April.

BillsFever21
08-03-2006, 05:13 PM
I will be too pissed off to explain if Mr. Fumble Man, Kelly Holcomb wins the starting job. I will have already lost all faith in Jauron and Marv.

Michael82
08-03-2006, 09:21 PM
I will be too pissed off to explain if Mr. Fumble Man, Kelly Holcomb wins the starting job. I will have already lost all faith in Jauron and Marv.
:bf1:

YardRat
08-03-2006, 10:23 PM

If Holcomb wins the position, the lost faith should be put on Losman's shoulders, not the coach or GM.

By the end of this week or next, it could all be a moot point.

Hopefully it will be anyway :D

Dr. Lecter
08-03-2006, 10:34 PM

Worst.

Post.

Ever.

How the hell is a guy who has not even completed college yet the Bills bst chance to get to the Super Bowl? To think that shows a serious lack of football judgement.

YardRat
08-03-2006, 10:40 PM
Worst.

Post.

Ever.

How the hell is a guy who has not even completed college yet the Bills bst chance to get to the Super Bowl? To think that shows a serious lack of football judgement.

He's unproven, but he has potential. Plus he doesn't have the baggage of already performing poorly under NFL conditions.

Not that I'm supporting the post in any manner, but how is it different than anybody's opinion that JP gives the Bills a better shot at the Super Bowl than KH??

Dr. Lecter
08-03-2006, 10:52 PM
Because it is known that KH is not Super Bowl caliber. He has shown it for ten years.

JP (and Quinn) are unknowns. They might or might not be SUper Bowl caliber.

YardRat
08-03-2006, 11:14 PM
Because it is known that KH is not Super Bowl caliber. He has shown it for ten years.

JP (and Quinn) are unknowns. They might or might not be SUper Bowl caliber.

So then...since JP and Quinn are lumped together as unknowns...Does it show a similar lack of football judgement when someone insists JP is the Bills best chance at a Super Bowl.

Or, for some reason, is that just a logical fallacy? :D

Mr. Cynical
08-04-2006, 12:34 AM
I wouldn't boo KH, because he's not the one who put him on the field. If KH started I would boo Dick though, and also Marv. If KH is the best we have then neither of them (Dick/Marv) did their jobs. KH sucks and putting him on the field means our GM and HC failed to get the right person here and overestimated JP's abilities.

Dr. Lecter
08-04-2006, 07:38 AM
So then...since JP and Quinn are lumped together as unknowns...Does it show a similar lack of football judgement when someone insists JP is the Bills best chance at a Super Bowl.

Or, for some reason, is that just a logical fallacy? :D

Who said JP was there best chance?

And no, Quinn is even more of an unknown than JP. Hell, we don't even know if he will be a good college QB this year.

And logical fallacy's don't exist. ;)

ICE74129
08-04-2006, 10:17 AM

:beers:

ICE74129
08-04-2006, 10:19 AM
If Holcomb wins the position, the lost faith should be put on Losman's shoulders, not the coach or GM.

By the end of this week or next, it could all be a moot point.

Hopefully it will be anyway :D

You can't beat a guy when you only get 30%- 40% of the reps with the first string. Mikey said JP wasn't getting as many reps with the first string. You can't soar with eagles when you are forced to fly with turkeys.

I'll say it again and maybe at some point you guys will get it. There is no such thing as a LEGIT QB competition.

BillsFever21
08-04-2006, 05:01 PM
Worst.

Post.

Ever.

If we did draft Quinn and if he didn't perform like a pro bowl QB his first 8 games would he consider him a bust too?

The_Philster
08-04-2006, 05:02 PM
If we did draft Quinn and if he didn't perform like a pro bowl QB his first 8 games would he consider him a bust too?
to some he would

YardRat
08-04-2006, 05:23 PM

Probably not, because it would be someone else's fault he didn't perform. Like the offensive line, the head coach, the play-calling, the meddling GM, etc etc.