PDA

View Full Version : BillsZone Training Camp Report 8/2/2006

Michael82
08-02-2006, 07:38 PM
http://www.billszone.com/mtimages/Photo028b.jpg

<CENTER>Buffalo Bills Training Camp Gallery Saturday, August 2, 2006 (http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=369)</CENTER>We are now on Day 5 of Buffalo Bills Training camp. The players came out without pads today, after a full pad practice last night. The Buffalo Bills practiced on the grass fields this morning, so they had the breeze and the shade from the trees to help cool them off a bit. It definitely helped keep the fans cooler as many of them sat on the grass and relaxed as they enjoyed watching their favorite team practice. As usual, the team worked on the individual drills, 7-on-7, 11-on-11, special teams and this time added in a 2-minute drill. It was a slow pace at practice today, but that was to be expect, with the heat and the fact that they just practiced about 14 hours earlier.

http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2006/08/02/billszone_training_camp_report_822006.php

The_Philster
08-02-2006, 07:40 PM
Nice read, Mikey :bf1:

Michael82
08-02-2006, 07:40 PM
And I am going to upload the photos before I go to bed. :up:

RedEyE
08-02-2006, 07:49 PM
Thanks Mike. :up:

Tell me again how the breeze is generated from the trees... ;)

Michael82
08-02-2006, 07:52 PM
Thanks Mike. :up:

Tell me again how the breeze is generated from the trees... ;)
:rofl: I missed a couple words. Fixed. :up:

Drive 4 Five
08-02-2006, 07:53 PM
Same old story, inconsistent/mediocre play by the QB's and defenders who cannot get an INT.

That's no knock on you Mikey. Thanks for the info buddy.

JJamezz
08-02-2006, 08:04 PM
Good stuff man.

I hope you hit it on the head with your last sentence. I don't want to make excuses for these guys, but it seems accurate, given how 'crisp' they looked last night. I couldn't even BE outside for any length of time today, so how they run around in this stuff, I have no idea.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
08-02-2006, 08:23 PM
Thanks mike for the update.

I can see one thing...

This QB battle is for the dang birds! all it is doing is screwing up both QBs haveing to split all the reps... neither is ever going to get into the swing of things if they are in and out on every other damn play.

JP is frustrated cause neither can get into a rythm... how the heck are you supposed to develope a feel for your recievers if you are out watching every second play.

This is completly BUSH LEAGUE!

Michael82
08-02-2006, 08:32 PM
Thanks mike for the update.

I can see one thing...

This QB battle is for the dang birds! all it is doing is screwing up both QBs haveing to split all the reps... neither is ever going to get into the swing of things if they are in and out on every other damn play.

JP is frustrated cause neither can get into a rythm... how the heck are you supposed to develope a feel for your recievers if you are out watching every second play.

This is completly BUSH LEAGUE!
Good point! I thought it was bad before when it was split between 3, now with it split between 2, you are seeing..... 2 running plays, 1 passing play for JP, 2 running plays, 1 passing play for Holcomb, 1 passing play for JP, 2 passing plays for Holcomb, 3 passing plays for JP. I could see why he's frustrated. You cant get any rhythm going. :insane:

lordofgun
08-02-2006, 09:35 PM
Name JP the starter NOW!

shelby
08-02-2006, 09:40 PM
Thank you Mikey, :urock:

DraftBoy
08-02-2006, 09:42 PM
Good read Mikey, be interesting to see how Losman does tommorow and the rest of the week after bad day today. It will tell alot.

Michael82
08-02-2006, 10:05 PM
Photos are up now too. check them out. :up:

http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=369

Jan Reimers
08-03-2006, 06:44 AM
Great job as usual, Mikey. It's amazing to me that you can get so much detail. I've been to camp, and there's so much going on, and things are moving so fast, that it's really hard to see - and capture - as much as you do.

OpIv37
08-03-2006, 11:15 AM
Hey Mikey- 2 questions. Was the OL bad when Holcomb was playing or was JP the only one getting pressured?

Also, what's with all the INT's being dropped? It seems like it happens every day. The D better do some receiving drills if they want to create any turnovers.

Billsrock4life
08-03-2006, 12:13 PM
Thanx for the update Mikey

Michael82
08-03-2006, 12:41 PM
Hey Mikey- 2 questions. Was the OL bad when Holcomb was playing or was JP the only one getting pressured?

Also, what's with all the INT's being dropped? It seems like it happens every day. The D better do some receiving drills if they want to create any turnovers.
The OL was bad for both of them. IMO, the defense is far ahead of the offense. Plus it seems like JP is getting to work with the backup OL more than Kelly. :ill:

The INTs being dropped are a problem. Many of them are right in the players hands but dropped. But some of them are ones that they have a chance to get but don't.

ICE74129
08-03-2006, 02:23 PM
The OL was bad for both of them. IMO, the defense is far ahead of the offense. Plus it seems like JP is getting to work with the backup OL more than Kelly. :ill:

The INTs being dropped are a problem. Many of them are right in the players hands but dropped. But some of them are ones that they have a chance to get but don't.

It read like a JP bashing article. sorry thats exactly how it was written. 'Finally JP hit so and so'. See if an article wants to be taken seriously, you can't add those extra barbs. Its not objective at all.

As for as holcomb getting most of the reps with the first string....How can you be expected to LEGITIMATELY win the job when you play with nothing but backups in front of you? You can't. QB comps are BS and its showing.

ICE74129
08-03-2006, 02:28 PM
BTW Mike, what do you say the % was that holcomb got with the first string vs JP.

Michael82
08-03-2006, 03:27 PM
It read like a JP bashing article. sorry thats exactly how it was written. 'Finally JP hit so and so'. See if an article wants to be taken seriously, you can't add those extra barbs. Its not objective at all.

As for as holcomb getting most of the reps with the first string....How can you be expected to LEGITIMATELY win the job when you play with nothing but backups in front of you? You can't. QB comps are BS and its showing.
A JP bashing article?!?! :lmao:

Apparently you don't know me. Because I love JP and want him to be the starter no matter what. I'm just stating what I saw. And the finally quote was because it was the end of the drill. :cynic:

Michael82
08-03-2006, 03:28 PM
BTW Mike, what do you say the % was that holcomb got with the first string vs JP.
I think that it was probably 60-40 or maybe 70-30. It's hard to tell because they mix it up sometimes where u have the starting OL, but backup everything else. Or opposite.

ICE74129
08-03-2006, 03:28 PM
A JP bashing article?!?! :lmao:

Apparently you don't know me. Because I love JP and want him to be the starter no matter what. I'm just stating what I saw. And the finally quote was because it was the end of the drill. :cynic:

Oh I know you are a JP guy that is why I was shocked at the extra shots. and again I ask, how much do you feel % wise Holcomb was allowed with the starters vs JP.

ICE74129
08-03-2006, 03:30 PM
I think that it was probably 60-40 or maybe 70-30. It's hard to tell because they mix it up sometimes where u have the starting OL, but backup everything else. Or opposite.

Gotcha. But that shows what I am saying. You don't have a LEGIT comp with that kind of a % leaning toward one guy. Its starting to show who DJ and Marv want. No way JP or Peyton manning wins the job with the % that way.

Michael82
08-03-2006, 04:05 PM
Gotcha. But that shows what I am saying. You don't have a LEGIT comp with that kind of a % leaning toward one guy. Its starting to show who DJ and Marv want. No way JP or Peyton manning wins the job with the % that way.
the key is that he switches it around. I wouldn't be surprised if Losman gets 60-40 or 70-30 today. Oh and there are many times where the starting reps are split evenly 50-50.

chernobylwraiths
08-03-2006, 08:30 PM
Nice read Mikey! I listen to GR most mornings and Paul Hamilton, who is the training camp reporter for GR and another guy have said that JP and Kelly are getting almost identical number of snaps. They have also said that they alternate daily on who is with the first team offense more. From what I have heard from them, Kelly is throwing almost nothing but dump offs while JP is taking a lot more chances. They also have said that JP looks better with the first team offense while Kelly seems better with the second team.

Thanks again Mike. Keep up the good work.

Michael82
08-03-2006, 09:44 PM
Nice read Mikey! I listen to GR most mornings and Paul Hamilton, who is the training camp reporter for GR and another guy have said that JP and Kelly are getting almost identical number of snaps. They have also said that they alternate daily on who is with the first team offense more. From what I have heard from them, Kelly is throwing almost nothing but dump offs while JP is taking a lot more chances. They also have said that JP looks better with the first team offense while Kelly seems better with the second team.

Thanks again Mike. Keep up the good work.
They are exactly right. i was wondering why it seems like sometimes one has more reps with the starters than the other. IMO, it's a ****ed up way of doing it. But oh well.