PDA

View Full Version : 2 minute Drill from yesterday

Patrick76777
08-03-2006, 07:32 AM
I guess for the first time this year, the Bills ended practice with 2 minute drills. Each QB got a shot.

JP went 4 and out. not even a single first down. That's par for the course for this guy. I keep waiting for this improvement but it's not coming. He can't even hit the targets in practice.

Holcomb moved the ball down the field but ended his drive with an INT in the endzone.

One training camp practice drive does not a season make, but these guys are showing no change from last year.

mybills
08-03-2006, 07:36 AM
:ill:

don137
08-03-2006, 07:44 AM
I guess for the first time this year, the Bills ended practice with 2 minute drills. Each QB got a shot.

JP went 4 and out. not even a single first down. That's par for the course for this guy. I keep waiting for this improvement but it's not coming. He can't even hit the targets in practice.

Holcomb moved the ball down the field but ended his drive with an INT in the endzone.

One training camp practice drive does not a season make, but these guys are showing no change from last year.

I guess Holcomb is improving...At least he was throwing it downfield instead of a 3 yard pass on 4th and 7 with 2 defender on him like he did against the Patriots last year.

jamze132
08-03-2006, 07:53 AM
I guess Holcomb is improving...At least he was throwing it downfield instead of a 3 yard pass on 4th and 7 with 2 defender on him like he did against the Patriots last year.
Sorry, Holcomb isn't improving. He won't improve, that is why he earned the label "career backup". JP doesn't have a label just yet. Gor that reason alone, I would go with JP since he's the "unproven" I guess you could give him that label.

madness
08-03-2006, 07:55 AM
Camp reports said he was working with the second team o-line and was facing heavy pressure the whole time.

Patrick76777
08-03-2006, 07:59 AM
Camp reports said he was working with the second team o-line and was facing heavy pressure the whole time.

During the 2 minute drill?

Patrick76777
08-03-2006, 08:07 AM

And although there was pressure, JP has terrible pocket presence.

Earthquake Enyart
08-03-2006, 08:12 AM
Just take off and run!

Patrick76777
08-03-2006, 08:19 AM
Just take off and run!

At the first sign of trouble!

Patti120
08-03-2006, 08:22 AM
Ahhh, at least we know what we've got at the QB position!!!

:(

ICE74129
08-03-2006, 08:23 AM
Hey pat, isn't a fumble, being knocked out or an INT par for the course for Holcomb? I mean if you are going to rip, then rip both of them

Patrick76777
08-03-2006, 08:32 AM
Hey pat, isn't a fumble, being knocked out or an INT par for the course for Holcomb? I mean if you are going to rip, then rip both of them

I totally did!

" One training camp practice drive does not a season make, but these guys are showing no change from last year."

Night Train
08-03-2006, 08:33 AM
Is it 3 tickets or 4 to ride on the daily emotional roller coaster ?

ICE74129
08-03-2006, 08:38 AM
I totally did!

" One training camp practice drive does not a season make, but these guys are showing no change from last year."

No you took an extra shot at JP because you dont' like him in your post. It wasn't nessacary

Patrick76777
08-03-2006, 08:41 AM
No you took an extra shot at JP because you dont' like him in your post. It wasn't nessacary
LMAO, You’re on another planet!

Earthquake Enyart
08-03-2006, 08:41 AM
C'mon Pat. Even things up. :mad:

ICE74129
08-03-2006, 08:42 AM
LMAO, You’re on another planet!

"JP went 4 and out. not even a single first down. That's par for the course for this guy. I keep waiting for this improvement but it's not coming. He can't even hit the targets in practice.

Holcomb moved the ball down the field but ended his drive with an INT in the endzone. "

I think its pretty clear.

madness
08-03-2006, 08:45 AM
During the 2 minute drill?

Yeah, it was in Mikey's report. (there goes the credibility.) :snicker:

Coach Dick Jauron had the players work on a 2-minute drill to finish the day off. Kelly Holcomb started out good in the drill and was throwing his usual short passes and the receivers were getting out of bounds after each one. Then he overthrew Lee Evans, which led to Evans trying to dive for the ball and hurting himself. His next pass was almost intercepted by Eric King. He recovered with a nice pass to Sam Aiken and handed Willis McGahee the rock to help run the clock down. With 19 seconds left on the clock, Holcomb got the team to the 15-yard line and then threw a horrible pass that was intercepted by Matt Bowen. It was a good read by Bowen though and was probably the play of the day. JP Losman had the backup offensive line and was getting swarmed on each play. First he hit Shaud Williams for about 4-yards, then Mark Word schooled Dylan McFarland and got the sack on 2nd down for a loss of about 7-yards. Losman made up the yardage that he lost by finding Josh Reed near the sideline. But then he overthrew Andre Davis on 4th down to end the drill.

Yes he does. I was reading an article this morning and it was talking about how Holcomb was actually better in the pocket and was sacked less more then JP. Unfortunately, it also mentioned that the o-line seemed to play better when Holcomb was in. Hopefully it was because it's easier to protect a QB when you know where he is going to be as opposed to them playing better because they wanted Holcomb in.

Patrick76777
08-03-2006, 08:46 AM
C'mon Pat. Even things up. :mad:

You're right.

Holcomb’s weak arm and the fact that he has apparently been officially designated as a career back up by some rouge NFL association caused him to underthrow the pass that was eventually intercepted.

justasportsfan
08-03-2006, 09:08 AM
you guys are reading too much into this.

If the O was shredding the D I'd be concerned either ways since the D is usually ahead of the O this time at camp. It's hard to get the 2 min drill right if everyone is not on the same page .

check this out.
OFFENSE NOT CLICKING: Perhaps when offensive coordinator Steve Fairchild got upset prior to the first snap of 7-on-7 today all of us watching should have known it was going to be a long day for the offense.

J.P. Losman had the team in the huddle and as the seven offensive players broke the huddle and lined up (apparently incorrectly) and Fairchild stepped onto the field saying sternly, "Get back in the huddle! What the *&^*&^ is going on?!"

The offense did make their share of plays, but they weren't nearly as efficient as they were the day before. Passes were overthrown, receivers were led with balls too far in front of them. There was a considerable amount of third down work and perhaps the newness of their third down calls accounted for some of the inconsistency.

Quarterbacks coach Turk Schonert was calling plays in from the sideline on the walkie talkie today. Holcomb and Losman appeared to operate fine with it.

http://buffalobills.com/blog/?blogger_id=1

Blowing the 2 min drill or getting constant pressure from the DL was something that was a norm at camp even when Drew was here.

I'd rather they make their mistakes and learn from them now instead of regular season. They are learning a new offense. They haven't been in pads since the last game of last season until a few days ago. The D is definitely going to get some pressure.

Goobylal
08-03-2006, 09:17 AM
Phew! I was worried after reading about JP yesterday. But now knowing that he was playing with backup O-linemen (face it guys, the starters for the Bills are the best players on the O-line by far!) I feel a LOT better.

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-03-2006, 09:24 AM
Lets not forget also that this was the first time they had the 2 minute drill.

ublinkwescore
08-03-2006, 09:29 AM
I don't know about that - I think I read they tried some 2 minute drills prior to yesterday.

justasportsfan
08-03-2006, 09:36 AM
The qb position has taken the focus away from the D that was ranked at the bottom of the league. I'd be more worried if the O that is learning a new system was manhandling the D.

:bf1: for the D yesterday .

JoeMama
08-03-2006, 10:07 AM

I wouldn't necessarily be disheartened.

As a rule, I try not to over-analyze anything I see on the practice field.

Some guys practice like champs, but don't have "it" when the real bullets fly.

Rob Johnson was one of the prettiest quarterbacks I ever saw -- on the practice field.

Kwame Cavil was one of the prettiest wide recievers I ever saw -- on the practice field.

Anthony Gray was one of the prettiest runningbacks I ever saw -- on the practice field.

Etc, etc, etc...

Obviously it didn't translate into results on Sunday.

Keep in mind, these guys are out on the practice field for hours & hours everyday, taking hundreds of reps. There's gonna be plenty of the good, the bad, & the ugly to go around.

I hate platitudes & cliches, but with a position like quarterback -- where intangibles play such a huge role -- you just have to "wait & see" what happens in real games.

And understand, I'm one impatient son of a *****. I want some answers right now. So reading the back & forth on the quarterbacks everyday is making me crazy.

September 10th can't get here soon enough.

LtBillsFan66
08-03-2006, 10:15 AM
I hear you JM but any QB should look decent on the practice field.

THATHURMANATOR
08-03-2006, 10:18 AM
I really want Losman to succeed but this news is concerning.

LtBillsFan66
08-03-2006, 10:19 AM
I really want Losman to succeed but this news is concerning.
Same here.

THATHURMANATOR
08-03-2006, 10:20 AM
BF do you think Pat just hates JP so he is giving us a tainted report?

Jan Reimers
08-03-2006, 10:22 AM
Six days of camp. One 2-minute drill each. The sky is falling, THE SKY IS FALLING!

LtBillsFan66
08-03-2006, 10:22 AM
:scratch:

THATHURMANATOR
08-03-2006, 10:23 AM
He is a Stern fan and all.....

LtBillsFan66
08-03-2006, 10:23 AM
He is a Stern fan and all.....
WE'VE BEEN BAMBOOZLED! :mad:

THATHURMANATOR
08-03-2006, 10:24 AM
DANG IT!!!!

LtBillsFan66
08-03-2006, 10:24 AM
Son of a...

THATHURMANATOR
08-03-2006, 10:25 AM
I wish Nall didn't get hurt. I was up for a lil NALL BALL

LtBillsFan66
08-03-2006, 10:26 AM
I think Nall can will the QB competition on one leg!

Patrick76777
08-03-2006, 10:29 AM
you guys are reading too much into this.

Like I said, "One training camp practice drive does not a season make, but these guys are showing no change from last year."

Patrick76777
08-03-2006, 10:31 AM

I did say that he looked great on Tuesday night.

JoeMama
08-03-2006, 10:33 AM
I hear you JM but any QB should look decent on the practice field.

I understand.

Luckily, both quarterbacks have looked "good" overall, according to most reports. Whether the source be local or national.

This is just one two minute drill.

It's easy to isolate one bad series out of literally hundreds of snaps from each practice.

Which is why I don't get real psyched when I hear good news, or real concerned when I hear bad news.

It's training camp, I know I'm gonna hear plenty of good **** & plenty of bad ****.

justasportsfan
08-03-2006, 10:38 AM
,[/B] but these guys are showing no change from last year."they're learning a new system.

madness
08-03-2006, 12:07 PM
I wish Nall didn't get hurt. I was up for a lil NALL BALL

Nall was going to win this thing then he had to go get hurt. Nall had Holcomb's pocket presence w/ JP's arm. Also if Nall didn't learn a single damn thing from Farve then he never should be allowed to wear a NFL jersey again.